Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

15 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

And I'd be rather disappointed if Vader's Transformation was >$30. I'm hoping either the Tank or the Vader set is $30, and the other maybe $40.

While looking at the preliminary pictures of the Vader transformation set and the Republic Hovertank set, I noticed that the box size is 262 by 191 by 61 mm for both (the image of Vader transformation is very blurry but you can still make out the numbers) which is the exact box size of 25 USD sets from the past few waves. 

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

From what I heard Kylo's TIE looks very similar to Old Republic Sith Fury Class Interceptor ship just in First Order colors.

This sounds great! Do you know where the rumor originated?

3 minutes ago, BrickLord123 said:

This sounds great! Do you know where the rumor originated?

There are pix on MakingStarWars.net. The rumour originated there.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

2 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Is Obi Wan's Starfighter with Hyperboost Ring still happening? I checked the Brick Fan and its not on there list, maybe they just made a mistake?

I'm guessing it's the exclusive set of the wave.

Also for everyone, will it definitely be his starfighter from Episode 2 and not an interceptor as I'm really digging the 'starfighter' with the booster ring. 

5 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Also for everyone, will it definitely be his starfighter from Episode 2 and not an interceptor as I'm really digging the 'starfighter' with the booster ring. 

It will definitely be the starfighter because the interceptor came out last year and is still on shelves.

6 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Yep, but we haven't had an Interceptor with a Booster Ring since 2007, so either is welcome for me!

If it IS an Interceptor (though probably not), then it should be Obi-wan's Utapau version

The Episode 2 Starfighter is my preference but the Utapau Interceptor would be welcome too. Either way I just hope it can deliver on some new characters. Still waiting on Commander Cody, Tion Meddon and the Kaminoans.

3 minutes ago, wesker said:

The Episode 2 Starfighter is my preference but the Utapau Interceptor would be welcome too. Either way I just hope it can deliver on some new characters. Still waiting on Commander Cody, Tion Meddon and the Kaminoans.

Afraid it's rumoured to have Obi-Wan, Boba, and the Astro droid which is disappointing but we will see. But yes I would have liked to see maybe another AOTC Jedi or the ones you've listed above. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Afraid it's rumoured to have Obi-Wan, Boba, and the Astro droid which is disappointing but we will see. But yes I would have liked to see maybe another AOTC Jedi or the ones you've listen above. 

I'm actually kinda hyped that they're making a new Delta A Starfighter. Wonder how big it'll have to be to be able to slot an astromech in on the side.

4 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I'm actually kinda hyped that they're making a new Delta A Starfighter. Wonder how big it'll have to be to be able to slot an astromech in on the side.

Isnt it not actually a full astromech anyway though? Or was that just in the old canon

Just now, Magmafrost said:

Isnt it not actually a full astromech anyway though? Or was that just in the old canon

I thought nowadays LEGO allows you to slot astromech droids into the droid socket. Only the old Jedi ships had merely astromech droid heads.

36 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Is Obi Wan's Starfighter with Hyperboost Ring still happening? I checked the Brick Fan and its not on there list, maybe they just made a mistake?

I hope its an episode 2 ship, it would be nice to get one with some kaminoans with it too. 

Looking forward to seeing if they upgrade the booster ring.

9 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

No no I'm very excited for the Delta Starfighter just like you but it's me wanting more than I can have. 

Hopefully they do include the whole astromech. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

It seems to me that the new wave of sets have not been released yet in Canada. I called the Fairview LEGO store in Toronto today in the hopes of finding the Y-Wing in stock and was surprised to discover that they hadn't received any of the new sets, and also they had not been posted on the LEGO Shop site. I was under the impression these new sets were slated for a January 1st release. Is this incorrect?

23 minutes ago, Fives said:

It seems to me that the new wave of sets have not been released yet in Canada. I called the Fairview LEGO store in Toronto today in the hopes of finding the Y-Wing in stock and was surprised to discover that they hadn't received any of the new sets, and also they had not been posted on the LEGO Shop site. I was under the impression these new sets were slated for a January 1st release. Is this incorrect?

Not in North America. They come out March over there I think.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I thought nowadays LEGO allows you to slot astromech droids into the droid socket. Only the old Jedi ships had merely astromech droid heads.

Episode 2 starfighter's astromech is just a dome. Obi-wan had it, his red astromech, retrofit with a body sometime between episode 2 and 3. Canonically the Delta-7 (episode 2 starfighter) shouldn't have a removable astromech. TLG has only included droid sockets with jedi starfighters (TCW and episode 3 versions) because they actually featured them in universe.

Edited by khatmorg

3 minutes ago, khatmorg said:

Episode 2 starfighter's astromech is just a dome. Obi-wan had it retrofit with a body sometime between episode 2 and 3. Canonically it shouldn't have a removable astromech. 

Yeah, but we all know that LEGO likes to add astromech droid sockets for playability and an extra minifigure. Also the minifigure list lists an astromech droid.

3 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yeah, but we all know that LEGO likes to add astromech droid sockets for playability and an extra minifigure. Also the minifigure list lists an astromech droid.

That never actually happened with a canon starfighter model as far as I'm aware. If it features an astromech I would wager it's not the episode 2 version then.

Just now, khatmorg said:

That never actually happened with a canon starfighter model as far as I'm aware. If it features an astromech I would wager it's not the episode 2 version then.

Canon starfighter model? Well do you mean that the 2002 Starfighter merely included an astromech head? The same occurred with 2005's Interceptors. I think it's just an old technique used by designers.

43 minutes ago, Fives said:

Those sets will be available in Canada in March.

1 minute ago, lambda_cla3391 said:

Those sets will be available in Canada in March.

Ok, then, for everyone to see:

The Star Wars LEGO sets will be available in North America in March.

All settled.

14 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Canon starfighter model? Well do you mean that the 2002 Starfighter merely included an astromech head? The same occurred with 2005's Interceptors. I think it's just an old technique used by designers.

In-universe the Delta-7 Aethersprite Light Interceptor (episode 2 model) doesn't feature a full droid socket is what I meant. Every lego model featured with a full astromech socket actually has one in-universe.

17 minutes ago, khatmorg said:

In-universe the Delta-7 Aethersprite Light Interceptor (episode 2 model) doesn't feature a full droid socket is what I meant. Every lego model featured with a full astromech socket actually has one in-universe.

75191 Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring

Subtheme: EP II?
Release: 2017

Official description: Not enough details as of right now...?

gallery_101_33_64309.png

Price: ?
Pieces: ?
Minifigs: Obi Wan Kenobi, Kid Boba?, Astromech?
Source(s): Reliable info source

How are they going to do it? You'd end up with a headless astromech. Unless they use the 2014 V-wing style and come with an extra astromech droid head.

Edited by VaderFan2187