Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

19 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Guys, please keep this to rumors and limit your opinions about what you think TLG should do.

My point in asking people to read at least 10 pages back is that if everyone had to do that, then we'd end up with 5 fewer pages of repeat questions. It's not a site rule. It's my strong recommendation to help keep this crazy topic a little more sane.

You do have time. Please use it before wasting other people's.

He's got a point though. A very rude and hostile atmosphere considering we're talking about plastic bricks meant for kids. Not everyone frequents this site every single day. Some people just want LEGO news without all the extra nonsense.

Regarding Leia, I have four figures of her now. I honestly don't need another. It seems only people new to this are asking for her in cheap sets.

1 hour ago, Helghan said:

Regarding Leia, I have four figures of her now. I honestly don't need another. It seems only people new to this are asking for her in cheap sets.

Lego is for kids, I don't expect most kid would have enough money to buy 75140 ($70), 10236 ($250), or 75159 ($500) which are the only sets currently that have her in an updated form (and one is pretty much retired). Even before, the Shuttle Tydyrium and Jabba's Sail Barge were quite expensive as well. The cheapest you could get her in a set was 2012's Y-Wing and even that was $50. I just think that any kid should be able to have at least one version of the main characters if they want, and Leia is nearly impossible to get nowadays unless you're willing to spend a decent amount. I, like you, also have quite a few Leias, but if I could get any version of her in a $25 set like I can Luke or Han it makes my life as a collector much easier and makes her character much more accessible to kids.

1 hour ago, Helghan said:

Yeah, hi. I haven't really been interested in SW until the last couple years, and I don't feel like paying these pretty lofty prices for sets that have OT Leia in. I mean, I could buy the Resistance Troop Transporter set, but I'm not really interested in getting a ST Leia.

2 hours ago, Helghan said:

He's got a point though. A very rude and hostile atmosphere considering we're talking about plastic bricks meant for kids. Not everyone frequents this site every single day. Some people just want LEGO news without all the extra nonsense.

Exactly, I'm glad someone spoke out about this. Not everyone prowls this thread every hour for updates, cut some slack for casual viewers. It's also easier for someone to drop a question in a thread devoted to the subject over searching the web for an answer that might not be so easily found. 

There are 2 sets  which could include Leia and would only 40 dollars

first the tie bomber that way it would sell well because it would include a tie pilot a Storm trooper. And hoth Leia to sell the set or you could do this set

cloud car 35 to 40 dollars would come with bespin guard lobot and bespin Leia as in the outfit with the cloud city set from 2003

20 hours ago, Infinite Bricks said:

From what I can see, the clone from the tank doesn't have that yellow glow that indicates a new figure, and neither does Secura, however the droid does. This might be a mix up, but in Vader's transformation you  can clearly see a yellow glow on the figure on the right (presumably crispy Anakin), so I'm still hoping a new figure for Aalya, but  we might get the clone wars version of her. I'm fine with another cloner wars era trooper though. I love 'em.

Tl:Dr, No yellow glow on Secura and clone from tank, might not be new figs.

Maybe the glow on the figures is only for completely new figures and not redesigns?

10 minutes ago, robertgorman2505 said:

New r2 polybag as revealed by the brick fan.

That's a surprise, looks great though!

That looks great! It's cool to see they've taken a unique approach rather than just releasing a regular minifigure.

Now that is one cool polybag. Not a small build of a ship or a minifig, but a small buildable R2-D2, awesome. I hope his head turns. 

6 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

<snip>

Wow that looks great! 

8 hours ago, Goonmo said:

Lego is for kids, I don't expect most kid would have enough money to buy 75140 ($70), 10236 ($250), or 75159 ($500) which are the only sets currently that have her in an updated form (and one is pretty much retired). Even before, the Shuttle Tydyrium and Jabba's Sail Barge were quite expensive as well. The cheapest you could get her in a set was 2012's Y-Wing and even that was $50. I just think that any kid should be able to have at least one version of the main characters if they want, and Leia is nearly impossible to get nowadays unless you're willing to spend a decent amount. I, like you, also have quite a few Leias, but if I could get any version of her in a $25 set like I can Luke or Han it makes my life as a collector much easier and makes her character much more accessible to kids.

Lego is for kids? Sacrilegious! :tongue:

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote photos

3 hours ago, Goonmo said:

TBH there's no rule that states every SW toy manufacturer has to give consumers a cheap way to get all main characters! Lego has always included more desirable characters in more expensive sets, usually sets with bad builds to sell it. This practice worked for Lego so far why would they change that? Personally I got TFA Leia when Resistance Troop Transport was 50% off, just because I waited 6 months after its release. So if you want main characters for cheap look for discounts. 

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

TBH there's no rule that states every SW toy manufacturer has to give consumers a cheap way to get all main characters! Lego has always included more desirable characters in more expensive sets, usually sets with bad builds to sell it. This practice worked for Lego so far why would they change that? Personally I got TFA Leia when Resistance Troop Transport was 50% off, just because I waited 6 months after its release. So if you want main characters for cheap look for discounts. 

But what we are saying is that due to carrie fishers recent death there will be a large demand to get her since not many people have a leia

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

The best proof of that:

Spoiler

lego-jurassic-world-trex-tracker-5758255

And yes, I fell into the trap. It was the T Rex guys....

PS: Are all the leaks in the first page the entire summer wave? Can we still have hope for a Tantive IV?

4 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

PS: Are all the leaks in the first page the entire summer wave? Can we still have hope for a Tantive IV?

Brickset lists three additional unnamed sets (75176, 75177, and 75179).

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Brickset lists three additional unnamed sets (75176, 75177, and 75179).

$39.99, $49.99, and $79.99. Don't think it's a Tantive IV. Not a UCS one that's for sure. 

5 hours ago, robertgorman2505 said:

Very nice! Always great to get new printed parts.

On 12/31/2016 at 3:54 PM, robertgorman2505 said:

<snip>

According to a Lego FB group that image is fake. There was a huge discussion about it yesterday (posts and threads got deleted).

It would be funny if it turns out to be real :D

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote photos

1 hour ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

According to a Lego FB group that image is fake. There was a huge discussion about it yesterday (posts and threads got deleted).

It would be funny if it turns out to be real :D

I still remember when people thought the Darth Revan polybag was fake tho. I'd be pretty impressed if someone had managed to fake it, looks pretty impressive to me.