Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

I could have waited till epsiode VIII for another First Order Battlepack.
But I really like seeing a new Republic Fighter Tank. The last one was Lego-shop exclusive and sold out pretty fast.
I wonder what the third minifigure is. It is colored like a B1 but has some sort of yellow cape. Maybe a Geonosian with wings?

50 minutes ago, ChristopherLee said:

What do you mean?

48 minutes ago, BrickLord123 said:

?

Polarize= Another remake of an UCS

32 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Delta has been providing 100% accurate information on the Marvel/DC/Lego Batman movie sets for more then a year now so I would actually bet that what he is saying is true. 

Just looked at his other posts, yeah, seems legit. :thumbup:

Vader's transformation and the tank are the only sets that I'm interested in at the moment. Curious about the next UCS set though. Sounds like it could be a major let down. :sceptic:

Any chance the 2nd 2017 UCS set is a Dathomir playset?  Numerous options from clone wars and rebels. Nightsisters, nightbrothers, cave of death, night brother fighting pit, Ventrss' starspeeder, the list goes on and on.  

12 hours ago, Flandy said:

It would really help matters if LEGO made it clear what a UCS set was. In the past it seemed to mean a large scale display model, built for accuracy. Then the death star 1 kind of destroyed that theory, as it was a blatant play set, The sandcrawler kind of hit the sweet spot between the two concepts, as did the Ewok village, although not labelled a UCS set, but Hoth really just seemed to tip it back into pure playset, but with only one snowspeeder, and 2 imperials, the play factor seems pretty low unless you have any other sets (discontinued ones at that) to go with it, and the display factor practically zero.

I've said it before, but if they kept the UCS tag for large accurate display models, and created a new UPS (ultimate play set) tag for big expensive play sets, then there would be a lot less anger when a set that could be a large model of a ship we love turns out to be a bunch of system  style toys cobbled together.

Death star I wasn't a UCS right? 

Also ups brand would sue lego for copying their trademark :tongue:

To me, the logical choice for a 2017 UCS would be the Tantive IV. It's the first thing you see in Episode IV (making a nice 40th anniversary tribute), the last thing you see in Rogue One, and it's featured frequently in Rebels. There have only been two Lego sets of it: a very early UCS that doesn't really live up to today's standards (held together with rubber bands, if I remember correctly), and a smaller set that's almost a decade old, with pre-pupil, barely-detailed minifigs.

I think this makes a lot more sense than a UCS Falcon, given the last UCS Falcon is much more recent, there's a system scale Falcon still on the shelves, and there'll be a great opportunity to promote a UCS Falcon in 2018, to support the Han Solo movie. 

But, logic doesn't always enter into the equation...

8 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

To me, the logical choice for a 2017 UCS would be the Tantive IV. It's the first thing you see in Episode IV (making a nice 40th anniversary tribute), the last thing you see in Rogue One, and it's featured frequently in Rebels. There have only been two Lego sets of it: a very early UCS that doesn't really live up to today's standards (held together with rubber bands, if I remember correctly), and a smaller set that's almost a decade old, with pre-pupil, barely-detailed minifigs.

I think this makes a lot more sense than a UCS Falcon, given the last UCS Falcon is much more recent, there's a system scale Falcon still on the shelves, and there'll be a great opportunity to promote a UCS Falcon in 2018, to support the Han Solo movie. 

But, logic doesn't always enter into the equation...

Yeah, like Moroff and a Stormtrooper in a Y-wing 

9 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

He looks like he has some green on torso.

But green isn't commander rank for battle droids, yellow is.

3 hours ago, JDbricks said:

But green isn't commander rank for battle droids, yellow is.

Well  he's just different rank then.

Edited by benderisgreat

I'm so glad we're getting another Republic Tank, I missed out on the first one. It looks great. I can't tell much from the Vader transformation set but it seems like a cheap way to gt the updated helmet so that alone is worth it for me. The freemaker sets actually look pretty great but I seriously doubt I'll get any of them. The UCS sounds like it might be another playset judging by what Delta said. Maybe it's at least something new or at least and update and expansion of say, that Bespin set from years ago. Either that or a remake of an old UCS or a UCS of a prequel vehicle, which I'd be totally for.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Well then he's just different rank then.

I'm trying to figure out if we've seen green markings before...

I remember in the old Battlefront game (2005) they're like technicians or something...

7 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Polarize= Another remake of an UCS

Another remake would be horrible! I know some people want another UCS Millennium Falcon but its too soon to be bringing one out straight after the Death Star, Hoth and Snowspeeder. Thats too many remakes at once! :sceptic:

9 hours ago, Delta Customs said:

Still super preliminary. All white with yellow hands holding a long rifle with a technic piece on the end. I wouldn't get your hopes up for Bly though, I'm expecting generic Phase 1 Trooper. Who knows what the final set might entail though. 

Are these pictures on your Instagram?

Just my two cents on ucs- According to what I see in shops in Europe, most popular sets are sub 50 eur with 10-20 dominating and being often out of the shelves. My point is that lego certainly respect afol community but their bread and butter are still kids and their parents not so eager to spend 300eur and more on bricks. 

Same MF that we now want reissued was being sold for way too long and I saw it on multiple sales. Market for ucs is not big,  i.e. is super small and hence lego now trying to push playsets- something richer kids will actually ask parents for a present instead of super big dust magnet set that for what is worth could be glued when assembled. Or even bought from Chinese as a knock off for much less which from distance appears almost the same. 

I have a feeling that even if they push mf it will be more for marketing purposes (like technics Porsche I see now on discounts and in huge quantities all over shops in ch begging to be sold) as looks super fine in magazines, but will still struggle to be sold out in any decent quantity.

Edited by wildboar

2 hours ago, wesker said:

Another remake would be horrible! I know some people want another UCS Millennium Falcon but its too soon to be bringing one out straight after the Death Star, Hoth and Snowspeeder. Thats too many remakes at once! :sceptic:

Honestly, there aren't that many iconic vehicles left to do as UCS, and many of the obvious ones were done ages ago. Prices for the Y-Wing, Falcon, Star Destroyer, or Snowspeeder are ridiculous - LSW got many many fans since those sets were released.

I feel like at this point, every brand new UCS would do worse in sales than a repeat of the popular old ones.

It looks like the Republic Fighter Tank is based on Battlefront II with Aayla holding 2 lightsabers (green and blue) so the battle droid could be a Droid marine 

latest?cb=20111004205540        75?cb=20160725095921

Edited by Galaad

UCS are big sellers,..   the new deathstar has been sold thousands of times already,...

Some high end sets (like the porsche) are not main stream,,.. so you see them on clearance a bit more..

I still vote for the MF, (the old one will keep his worth, but i just want it for a "normal" price).....  i got the "small" tantive, but if they would mak a new set of the first bigger tantive i would buy it straight away..  gorgeous ship.

I'll take any Tantive IV, personally. I'm seriously considering getting the system scale one off Ebay to go with my Pelta. A remake of either would be fantastic for me, though as always I see why people would be upset. I'll gladly take a blue CR-90 instead though.

And I'd love a remake of the Falcon, Im priced out of owning the original and I can't imagine that bricklinking it would be that much more cost effective.

Someone mentioned a Dathomir player as a UCS, that seems extremely unlikely. I doubt we'll ever see a TCW or Rebels UCS, though if we did I'd like to see the Ghost.

Considering the level of attention Rebels is getting a UCS related to that show is next to impossible, except ''maybe'' for the Ghost.

Honestly, I feel like the Freemaker sets are such a waste of space, especially now that I see that they are making larger sets based on them. The show isn't even canon, and the sets are really only geared towards little kids. 

48 minutes ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Honestly, I feel like the Freemaker sets are such a waste of space, especially now that I see that they are making larger sets based on them. The show isn't even canon, and the sets are really only geared towards little kids. 

100% agree. But, corporate synergy... LEGO has some kind of ownership in the show, and likely pays Lucasfilm less for sets based off it versus canon properties like the movies, Rebels, etc. And, Freemaker sets help promote the show... which helps promotes sales of the sets... a vicious circle. 

6 hours ago, allstyles said:

I still vote for the MF, (the old one will keep his worth, but i just want it for a "normal" price).....  i got the "small" tantive, but if they would mak a new set of the first bigger tantive i would buy it straight away..  gorgeous ship.

I want a UCS Falcon too, but I have a feeling the price will be prohibitive. The 2007 UCS Falcon cost $500 US at its release. The 2008 Death Star playset was $400 US when it was released, and its price increased 25% when it was re-released this year (with a comparable piece count). So realistically, a comparably-sized 2017 or 2018 UCS Falcon would be $650. My guess is this would price it out of most buyers' reach. (Still, better than $5k on eBay...)