Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Any idea when we'll get prelims for the summer sets? Or when they will be revealed? Last year it was at a toy fair if I remember correctly. 

Some pictures of summer sets. Vader Transformation looks great, and so does Republic Tank. Surprisingly enough Freemaker sets look better than first 2 from 2016. 

Edited by benderisgreat
Sorry had to take link down, to avoid problems. But pics are still

Interesting. So it's Burned Anakin, Vader and Palpatine for Vader Transformation, which is neat, the Arrowhead looks cool and so does the Tracker set, though I doubt I'll buy them. However, these are quite disappointing. Not very appealing to me, but there's more sets we'll see, and those seem to just be Freemaker sets, a CW set and an Episode III set. I think there'll be more movie stuff in there as well.

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

Interesting. So it's Burned Anakin, Vader and Palpatine for Vader Transformation, which is neat, the Arrowhead looks cool and so does the Tracker set, though I doubt I'll buy them. However, these are quite disappointing. Not very appealing to me, but there's more sets we'll see, and those seem to just be Freemaker sets, a CW set and an Episode III set. I think there'll be more movie stuff in there as well.

Episode 8 is 2017 so we should get those too. But I doubt we will see those early.

Its hard to make out the details of the Darth Vader Transformation set but I like what I see so far. It looks to be a nice size and has an interesting shape. Surprised they didn't include a 2-1B Medical Droid. The Republic Tank also looks pretty good. Glad we're getting a movie Aayla Secura but I'm disapointed we seem to be getting a generic Clone Trooper instead of Commander Bly. 2017 is definitely turning out to be a disapointing year in terms of new characters from the OT/PT movies.

The Freemaker sets are an improvement over this years selection but they still feel like a wasted product to me. They never sell and there's so much more they could be making from the 8 movies, Rebels and Clone Wars instead.

The Republic Fighter Tank looks like the best of the bunch so far; it's always great to get more Prequel Jedi with normal eyes. The Arrowhead actually looks like an interesting design, but since it's a Freemaker set, I'm not really interested in it. Hopefully we'll see the other sets soon!

Vader transformation looks great, it seems to lack the half completed look that the Duel of the Fates had. The mini figure range looks pretty diverse in that freemakers set. And I look of the tank.

Exciting stuff! I really like the Darth Vader transformation and the Tank set looks pretty cool. Looking forward to hopefully seeing the others! But @benderisgreat thanks for the link but I think you'd better take the link down before mods do it for you :classic:

2 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

The 'Tracker' sets are from the Freemaker Adventures?

Sadly yes. And they also seem to be the biggest set of the summer wave, although the Quadjumper could also be quite big. 

2 hours ago, wesker said:

but I'm disapointed we seem to be getting a generic Clone Trooper instead of Commander Bly.

If it's just the prelims (didn't see the pics linked) then there is still a chance for a Commander Bly or a star corp figure in the final set.

Out of curiosity was the clone shown a PI or a PII?

Ah, I was right about the Republic Tank being a new version of the 2008/2009 set. Looks fantastic even if it's much smaller than the original. Same to the rest of the wave. The Freemaker sets actually look appealing to me, especially The Arrowhead. The other one bears a strong resemblance to a TIE Phantom, interestingly enough. I wish I could see more of the Vader Transformation set.

11 minutes ago, TTROOPER said:

If it's just the prelims (didn't see the pics linked) then there is still a chance for a Commander Bly or a star corp figure in the final set.

Out of curiosity was the clone shown a PI or a PII?

Really tough to make it but I'd guess a p1 due to the fact that the trooper in question has a longer fin on the helmet. Still only very rough and preliminary so nothing's set in stone. Personally I am still hoping that we'll get a Bly.

I really like the Republic Fighter Tank, like others have said, even if it's smaller. Also there are still those three mystery sets on Brickset. Any chance those could be more Clone Wars sets?

"First Order Transport 75166" speeder is awfully close in name to the First Order Transporter set, 75103. So I guess it's a battlepack saying it's a speeder with (hopefully) 4 Ducktroopers. Does anyone recall seeing any First Order Troopers on speederbikes in Episode 7? 

Great chance to get the Republic Tank. It looks solid as a... tank, and it's much better than dealing with the terrifying aftermarket prices for Star Wars Republic Fighter Tank Set 7679.

Everyone seems able to see these pics but me, could someone please point me in the right direction  : )

13 minutes ago, TheBrickBuilder14 said:

Really tough to make it but I'd guess a p1 due to the fact that the trooper in question has a longer fin on the helmet. Still only very rough and preliminary so nothing's set in stone. Personally I am still hoping that we'll get a Bly.

Sweet, I would love to have a P1 version of Bly, fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Looks like an Ithorian in the "Tracker" Set...

Yep, that was my thought, which is a huge eye roller.. Round two for the Ithorian head mold and it's in another ship from some side project that is wholly uninteresting to me.

28 minutes ago, darththeling said:

"First Order Transport 75166" speeder is awfully close in name to the First Order Transporter set, 75103. So I guess it's a battlepack saying it's a speeder with (hopefully) 4 Ducktroopers. Does anyone recall seeing any First Order Troopers on speederbikes in Episode 7? 

Great chance to get the Republic Tank. It looks solid as a... tank, and it's much better than dealing with the terrifying aftermarket prices for Star Wars Republic Fighter Tank Set 7679.

so happy they are remaking the republic tank, its one i missed that i wasn't sure i was ever going to get with the insane markup on it. Same goes for the separatists tank with its pricing on the secondary market.

Woah, the new sets look great! The tank looks really cool, as does the Freemaker set. The Vader Transformation looks so good! I cannot wait to get that one.

Anyone else notice the tiny part of the Quadjumper peaking out? Hoping for Obi Wan's Episode 2 Starfighter and Hair.