Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

46 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Even more out of the box pictures of all January 2017 sets have surfaced.

Wow that Y-Wing looks sooooooo much better in the new pic. I was gonna pass on it but it actually looks pretty good, the box art definitely doesn't do it justice.

Best build for me is scarif, but it might be since I'm very biased towards locations, other wise the phantom looks very good as well

Best mini figures are kanan and the moroff... Admiral Thrawns face print is a major disappointment for me....

It's a better wave than previous ones for sure. 

Battle packs are decent and the figures are good. Not sure about the walker but I'll live. 

Yoda's starfighter in my opinion is solid. I like the design a lot! 

The phantom again is unique and the figures are very good. 

The duel on naboo set is fairly average. Yes it's a great way to get the figures it just hasn't got a lot to it at all. 

Not sure about the scariff set to be honest. Guess it's a good way to get some figures which are new. 

Y-wing is a good set and the figures are good. I have a Y-wing already so depends. 

Are the landspeeder and skiff set exclusives? 

Not a bad wave overall at all. 

I've now seen the winter 2017 rouge one stuff and I'm pretty impressed!

The battle on scarif looks brilliant and I love to see better and better classic vehicles like the y-wing with epic minifigures being released. I'm not a big fan of the imperial trooper battle pack but it is a cheap way to get the death troopers so that's pretty cool. As for the rebel trooper battle pack, I love it! The troopers look realy awesome. Finally, I think the micro fighters are great, especially the u- wing and Krennicks imperial shuttle. The only one I don't like is the TIE-STRIKER.

Hope you agree with my thoughts!

The lego fan.

2 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Battle packs are decent and the figures are good. Not sure about the walker but I'll live. 

The duel on naboo set is fairly average. Yes it's a great way to get the figures it just hasn't got a lot to it at all. 

Not sure about the scariff set to be honest. Guess it's a good way to get some figures which are new. 

Y-wing is a good set and the figures are good. I have a Y-wing already so depends. 

You have pictures of Yodas Starfighter, duel on Naboo and the Phantom?

Where are they?

I would much appreciate it if you let me know!?

The lego fan.

10 minutes ago, The lego fan said:

I've now seen the winter 2017 rouge one stuff and I'm pretty impressed!

The battle on scarif looks brilliant and I love to see better and better classic vehicles like the y-wing with epic minifigures being released. I'm not a big fan of the imperial trooper battle pack but it is a cheap way to get the death troopers so that's pretty cool. As for the rebel trooper battle pack, I love it! The troopers look realy awesome. Finally, I think the micro fighters are great, especially the u- wing and Krennicks imperial shuttle. The only one I don't like is the TIE-STRIKER.

Hope you agree with my thoughts!

The lego fan.

You have pictures of Yodas Starfighter, duel on Naboo and the Phantom?

Where are they?

I would much appreciate it if you let me know!?

The lego fan.

You might want to check the previous page.

Yoda's TIE Interceptor Mini Jedi Fighter looks cute... although I won't be picking it up.

Y-Wing is a definite buy... looks great and excellent minifigures.

As long as Thrawn's eyes are red enough then he's about as good as I'd have hoped. The dark blue slick back hair is exactly as he is in Rebels although I'd prefer the Dr Who/Tarkin Hair in black for a EU version.

I like the look of the Scarif set and all of the battlepacks and microfighters are also definite purchases.

Here's hoping the OT sets that were rumoured offer us something nice in the way of new or updated figures even if the builds might be lacklustre.

3 minutes ago, General Magma said:

Am I seeing that right? Did they make Thrawn's eyes not red?

I'm definitely hoping that's just the image making it look like that whereas they're redder in real life.

Edited by Robianco

18 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Well, the only set that was released by itself last year (except the USC's) was the rebel combat frigate, and I counted it to be 12 sets last winter including the battle pack (but excluding micro fighters and buildables), so without 2 battle pack it should be at least 10, so I think 3 more is in place, so the skiff, speeder and Lando set should be apart of this wave if lego has not changed anything

Additionally year by year lego has only increased the number of sw lego sets and hopefully they haven't decided to change that trend

26 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Landspeeder isn't exclusive at least it wasn't reported as being one. I will be very disappointed if it will be exclusive , since I don have ep 4 Luke!

That Y-wing set looks amazing. Awesome build, two new alien minifigures, a new astromech and an OT Stormtrooper. My only nitpick will be if the pilot is the same as the one in the U-wing.

The new Phantom might be my first ever Rebels set. I don't care too much about the figs, but I'm really digging the design.

I'll ignore the stickers and swap out some parts so I can use it as a small Imperial shuttle.

Top picks for me: The Phantom & the Imperial Trooper Battle Pack. Also, I think that I may get the Y-wing because it actually looks better than then I expected with the higher resolution photo.

I have to agree here. The Phantom looks pretty good. Love the Y-Wing and the BPs. I like the variety of Rebel fighters especially.

42 minutes ago, jdm44 said:

That Y-wing set looks amazing. Awesome build, two new alien minifigures, a new astromech and an OT Stormtrooper. My only nitpick will be if the pilot is the same as the one in the U-wing.

That's what I noticed too, what a shame they used the same helmet ( or maybe someone screwed up, rebel trooper in the u-wing style ).

On a side note the build of the Duel of Faith is trash but guys go take a look on bricklink on how freacking much the latest iterations of Qui-Gon and Maul goes for, I'm very glad they are going to be available in a cheap set. 

Also pretty sure Thrawn's eyes are red, they simply added white for the eye's glint. 

Edited by RetroInferno

Do you guys have higher resolution pictures because even if I zoom in I can't see much details on Thrawn's face... I mean yes I can see black and white (probably the light falloff) but other than that..it's really just hard guessing if that really all black and white...

Thrawn looks decent enough to me. Right now i'm using Cad Bane's head so anything is really an improvement UNLESS...he doesn't have red eyes. He doesn't seem to have any.

Really love Battle on Scarif, looks like a great build.

The only other set I'm interested in is Duel on Naboo. I actually like this version of Maul and really didn't want to buy the last set he was in. The build is maybe a bit too simplistic but I really like having a playset for a smaller price point, so I can live with the build being what it is. My only real issue is Obi-Wan's hair. If they were going to completely recycle minifigures they could have at least thrown in a different hairpiece. I mean Finn's hair in that color would have been better than this same hairpiece that we've had for years. There are just so many other options. I'm almost to a point where I'd like to see that hair phased out completely.

Gee, so far the new Phantom is really the only one I care about. Yoda's fighter has kind of a nice shape (sort of a mini TIE Interceptor), and the Naboo Duel is an obvious buy just for the three minifigs (but looks otherwise useless)... but the rest, outside the minifgure packs, look pretty forgettable. Particularly disappointing is the Battle on Scarif - yes, nice mix of minifigs (and who doesn't love Shoretroopers?), but I could easily see that set running $35-$40, and I don't know that I can justify that for 4 minifigs (2 of which I basically already own).

Battle on Scarif and the Y-Wing are definitely my favorite of the bunch! What an awesome selection of minifigs with the Y-Wing, particularly.

The Phantom II looks good as well, but boy..... it looks like it has an exorbitant amount of stickers. :sick:

The Y-Wing is an absolute must buy for me if only because of Admiral Raddus. I will actually be purchasing multiples of him on the second market, he's that cool looking. Plus I want to have blue and orange mon calamari intermingle. 

That Y Wing looks so tempting now >< Was hoping to mostly stick to EPVII and above since I am a recent returnee to LEGO but wow! 

They really stepped up over the sets last year. >< Oh my wallet >< 

7 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Battle on Scarif and the Y-Wing are definitely my favorite of the bunch! What an awesome selection of minifigs with the Y-Wing, particularly.

The Phantom II looks good as well, but boy..... it looks like it has an exorbitant amount of stickers. :sick:

On the bright side it can't have as many stickers (20+) as Resistance Transport from 2016. And Phantom is just a spectecular set overall!

Btw we still don't know piece count and prices right?

Edited by benderisgreat

The U-Wing looks like one of the best Microfighters that we've ever gotten. Its so sleek and that exclusive fig just puts it above and beyond. :moar:

I loved the Battle on Takodana set from last year so granted I like the Sacriff set as well even if it does look like a movie set and not a completed in universe location. :laugh: The parts are useful, you get some great figs (nice to have the 2 main characters in one set, wish that they put Rey in the Takodana set alongside Finn now that I'm looking at it) and you get the Death Star plans and another one of those orange crates for the Hover-Tank. It really is the must have set for the Rogue One line imo, it encompasses everything about the movie so well. :thumbup:

That said, I'll probably only be getting the Imperial Battle Pack since the figs are too cool to pass up and my Star Wars collection really only consists of battle packs. (Blasphemy i know) :wacko: :laugh:

Edited by Legocity2713