Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

8 minutes ago, Mymaker123 said:

Am I the only one who really isn't fussed by arm printing. I only really think it to be good when absolutely necessary (latest spider-man, for example), and I'm sort of indifferent with it on less needed figures, case, Boba Fett and 3PO.

I'm with you to a certain extent. Sometimes it's great and adds to a music nifigures (FO general for example) but I think some minifigures look a bit over-cluttered - the red-arm 3PO for example. 

You know you made it when you have your own Lego Minifigure. :laugh:

Edited by Cammo

4 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:

Am I the only one who really isn't fussed by arm printing. I only really think it to be good when absolutely necessary (latest spider-man, for example), and I'm sort of indifferent with it on less needed figures, case, Boba Fett and 3PO.

I'm also not that fussed. And let's be honest here, the whole set isn't going to be ruined just because one (already well detailed) figure doesn't have arm printing.

7 hours ago, Cammo said:

You know you made it when you have your own Lego Minifigure. :laugh:

It bothers me waaaaaay more than it should do that the figure is so poorly assembled (cape's creased, weapons are so precariously placed).....

I need help...

2 hours ago, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

Lego DOLL?!?!?! these people don't even know the simple terms :tongue:

Was gonna say the same thing, gets on my nerves. heh

4 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I'm also not that fussed. And let's be honest here, the whole set isn't going to be ruined just because one (already well detailed) figure doesn't have arm printing.

Similarly, it won't ruin the Slave I if that version of Boba Fett is available elsewhere.

Anyways, I'm sorry for continuing this tangential conversation in this thread (although it is relevant).  Perhaps we can continue to discuss this issue here:

On 21.10.2016 at 7:05 PM, jdubbs said:

I really wanted to like Rebels. The first episode or two had a great tone, but it went downhill fast (unlike Clone Wars, which for the most part got better as it went on). From what I've read, it doesn't sound like Rebels will be on the air past 2017, so LEGO may be winding down its investment in the show. I have no interest in any of the Rebels sets, save the AT-DP, and only because it was a McQuarrie/Johnston design and the minifigs are cool. 

Are you serious, dude? Did we watch the same show? I think, the first episodes weren't that well, but it became better and better. Series 2 and 3 are just awesome and not that childish anymore.

35 minutes ago, Fabiwalker said:

Are you serious, dude? Did we watch the same show? I think, the first episodes weren't that well, but it became better and better. Series 2 and 3 are just awesome and not that childish anymore.

I just can't get into the characters. Hera and Sabine are fine, but Ezra is sooooo annoying and Kanan is such a killjoy. I liked the pilot most of all... it spent a lot of time establishing the storyline and universe through quiet, subtle moments, unlike the slapstick antics that came to dominate the show in the episodes that follow. If I see another Zeb/Ezra/Chopper Stooges routine I may throw something at the TV. 

As far as I know Rebels pays off for Disney & even grows in its popularity. My biggest concern would be that Disney somehow wants yet another show for a different timeline (pre TFA) but not to sponsor both shows. However, they investet so much into Rebelsso there should be 5 seasons to make it worth.

I consider the show to be the best thing in the SW Universe - next to the OT (though the S2 Finale was an uncatchable masterpiece). I expected Ezra to be annoying but he has a surprising complex character. His also complex relationshop with Kanan is what the Anakin/Obi Wan relationshop never was (EP II felt like they already hate each other, there was no love at all).

& Lego does invest into Rebels. They are just doing a bad job: Giving random Wookies arm printing but not Sabine, no helmet for Rex in a 100+ set (would have really pissed me of as a child), no updated figures etc.

2 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

& Lego does invest into Rebels. They are just doing a bad job: Giving random Wookies arm printing but not Sabine, no helmet for Rex in a 100+ set (would have really pissed me of as a child), no updated figures etc.

Yeah. So, Rex' Helmet is not a big deal for me, cause it's basically the Clone Wars Phase 2 helmet that already came in a Lego set. But he really would have needed arm printing. And maybe no leg printing, but these newer double coloured legs, that came in Super Heroes sets and the CMF Series for example.

That's why I wrote it the way I wrote. We may already have the helmet or we just bricklink it. But a child that started collect Lego 2 years ago may not. Sry 4 being so offtopic :devil:
Arm printing itself may even not be that important for kids. I rather think it's important that the character is recognizable & at least similar to the "real one". In the case of Rex or Sabine that wasn't the case I think. But more of this would also serve better in a different thread.

The thing that pisses me off the most about that AT-TE set is the lack of helmets for Wolffe and Gregor. We got phase II wolfpack but no wolffe, and we never got a commando.

Edited by Umbra-Manis

On 30 October 2016 at 2:39 AM, AngelofVengeanceAzrael7 said:

Lego DOLL?!?!?! these people don't even know the simple terms :tongue:

IKR!! UGGH Gets on my nerves #OCDMe haha and the baton is so terribly put in place lol

7 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Other than Moroff and the pilot, do we know what other minifigs are coming with the Y-Wing?

Pilot, corresponding rebel Astromech, Moroff, black figure and light grey imperial officer

My guess would be the officer and black figure are Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor in imperial disguises. Though the Bunker Battle seems to come with a Flight Controler that fights Shoretroopers as well so they probably put Jyn in her disguise into the bunker set and the black fig in the Y-Wing is soeone else. 

The color also looks similar to the pilot fig that is dark blue, maybe they put in two pilots and this Y-Wing is a two-seat version with a gunner like in the old concepts and TCW.

I wonder which figure is in Krennics Shuttle Microfighter. It looks like a black officer which is rather unfitting. Calling the set Krennics shuttle and not including Krennic is weird. 

And will I finally get my wish for a light grey and dark green Boba Fett in the Desert Skiff? The wait for final pictures wasn't this exciting for me for years.

3 minutes ago, Navy Trooper Fenson said:

I wonder which figure is in Krennics Shuttle Microfighter. It looks like a black officer which is rather unfitting. Calling the set Krennics shuttle and not including Krennic is weird. 

It looks like there are two Imperial Officers in black uniforms with Krennic outside his shuttle in the latest trailer:

aAsBa1x.png

Ep1LK2I.png

Same thing with the others. Until now we only got 2 "individual characters" with the microfighters - Han & Hera Syndulla (who is also the only female..).
I don't get that, since kids couldn't care less about the dozends of different grey, white, black, different markings, pilots, officers etc. I'm sure a S2 or S3 updated Ezra/Sabine would have been much more popular (Blockade Runner, A-Wing, painted Tie?). As for now, the microfighters rather seem to target collectors. Again, I don't understand the SW set policy.

Though it still makes sence since the imperials who pilot such transporters (Imperial shuttle) look very much like the "black officers".

Jyn Erso will be in the ground set & not in the Y-Wing set. I have no idea who the black figure is - hopefully it was a placeholder for Saw Guerrera (which is unlikely since the placeholder doesn't indicate his outfit & robotic legs.

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Same thing with the others. Until now we only got 2 "individual characters" with the microfighters - Han & Hera Syndulla (who is also the only female..).
I don't get that, since kids couldn't care less about the dozends of different grey, white, black, different markings, pilots, officers etc. I'm sure a S2 or S3 updated Ezra/Sabine would have been much more popular (Blockade Runner, A-Wing, painted Tie?). As for now, the microfighters rather seem to target collectors. Again, I don't understand the SW set policy.

Putting the 'most wanted' characters in the cheapest Star Wars sets is bad for the sales; it would make more expensive sets (with the same figs) less wanted.

A good example is Boba Fett with the arm print: he comes only in the UCS Slave I.

On 10/25/2016 at 5:39 AM, Aethersprite said:

In the prelims for the U-Wing and Y-Wing Microfighters, it looks like the minifigs come with dual molded helmets but it's hard to tell given the blurriness of the photos. With the reveal that the Y-Wing pilot comes with a dual-molded helmet, could it be possible that the Microfighters pilots do as well?

I just noticed that pics of a blue uniformed pilot (most likely from the U-Wing Microfighter) can be found in a 25th of October post on that FB page with the usual leaks compared to

one of the new Y-Wing pilots

It's not dual-molded, which I'm glad about since I have so many of the OT style helmets already and like them as a collection.

In a vain effort - I tried to see if the helmet design matched that from any of the trailers or Topps trading cards.  It did not.

For those of you who can't find it and want to spoil yourselves it

it's a mish-mash of several designs - including red Rebel Alliance symbols on the front, yellow and black line on the top front, red printing on the back, and all kinds of symbol-ogy on the sides.

13 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Putting the 'most wanted' characters in the cheapest Star Wars sets is bad for the sales; it would make more expensive sets (with the same figs) less wanted.

A good example is Boba Fett with the arm print: he comes only in the UCS Slave I.

I disagree.  If the set designs are good enough, they should still sell well (a good example in your post, actually, is the Slave I).

Both sides taken, I am with@x105Black even if @Jedi-Bendu has a point.

As far as consumers are concerned why does it matter if the characters are put in a cheap or expensive set? As a buyer my goal is to get what I want to the best of my buying power. Putting "most wanted" characters in most expensive set will only marginalise buyers with less buying power. If that character is so-called to be "most wanted" then why artificially reduce its availability when majority of the buyers are willing to shell out money to get one? I guess the clincher will be "whats thr sweet spot TLG can position the most popular minifigs" without sacrificing big set sales. 

Take Hera for example... Many people bought the Ghost but she became available in microfighters as well. Did it negatively impact the sales of the Ghost? I don't think so... Of course you can argue that until now we don't have Zebb in a cheap set yet... But that's for another thread. The sets themselves should sell well if the collectors wanted them not only for the merit of minifigure. 

The concept of "exclusive" minifigures created a whole new problem as bootlegger create a cheaper version so collectors can complete their collections -- and to agree that only those with big and deep pockets should be able to get the best possible minifigures sounds not only elitist but also doesn't reflect LEGO brand values. 

I do hope we see less and less of this "rare" minifigd in new Star Wars sets... Or maybe tone it down so that more people will have means to buy them without selling a kidney... :)

I've always believed exclusives are generally an awful idea especially when it's one of the main protagonists. First of all it's not fair for children whose families can only afford to buy them smaller or a limited amount of the larger sets and this is primarily a children's product that's accessible for adults. When I was a kid SW sets gave us so many amazing small sets with the important players. The Final Duel I & II, the Jabba Palace add on's, and the tiny Phantom Menace sets to name a few. 

Stormtroopers. Darth Vader, Zeb, Ashoka, Han Solo, the Emperor, Lando Calrissian, Princess Leia, imperial officers, and Grand Moff Tarkin should never be exclusive to the really expensive sets or in general. Now a few of these are going to be in cheaper sets soon but still the point remains. 

The best way in my eyes to do exclusives is how they did it in the Jabba's Palace and Sail Barge a few years back with lots of amazing looking background characters or variations on costumes of protagonists. The Death Star is a great example where one of the exclusive is the LBG imperial officer. You make a lot of really cool figures and they'll sell just as well as a main character.

If you disagree imagine a kid trying to recreate ANH with his figures but whoops, he doesn't have Princess Leia or Grand Moff Tarkin or imperial officers. That's obviously a first world problem but still...

EDIT: If the only way to boost sales is to tie important characters to one set, particularly an expensive one, then that's terrible. Look at the Marvel or DC sets for instance. A set should sell by design not figure selection. 

Edited by Forresto

Isn't that just the general way of toys though? If you collect the Black Series Star Wars figures then you'll have to buy the £170 Special Ops TIE Fighter to get the pilot that goes with it... even though there's a similar FO TIE Pilot available in the £19.99 range.

Wasn't the Ghost retired before the microfighter was released?

They're always going to do things like this. If you don't buy the 75159 Death Star then you probably won't get a couple of those figures as they won't appear in other cheap sets. If you don't buy Assault on Both then you won't get some of those figures and it'll go on like this ad infinitum.

The UCS TIE Fighter has arm printing on that pilot which hasn't appeared anywhere else. The Ghostbusters figures in the HQ have both arms printed. Batman in the more expensive sets has dual moulding on the legs whereas cheaper sets have plain grey legs. It's nothing new and don't be surprised if it continues. 
They've done the exclusive part in an exclusive set in several themes... Tower of Orthanc had Saruman's robes on a printed slope while the version in the wizard duel set had plain white legs.

I think continued discussion of how these things are handled will take the discussion way off topic but as for the Fett release in the Skiff I can see there being only a minor change (maybe a different coloured cape) if any to the one in the Carbon Chamber set.

Forresto ninja'd me with his comment but I can see what he means regarding main characters. I'd never really noticed Han or Vader being difficult to find as I only really buy OT sets so I actually had them with one of my first purchases many years ago. 

Edited by Robianco