Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

4 minutes ago, Fives said:

Also, I'm pretty sure but not quite 100% if the helmet mold used for the Shoretrooper is the same as the Hovertank trooper, am I right?

Yes, you are correct.

10 minutes ago, Fives said:

Also, I'm pretty sure but not quite 100% if the helmet mold used for the Shoretrooper is the same as the Hovertank trooper, am I right?

No, they look like they have differnt lower shapes

Edited by pittpenguin123

51 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

No, they look like they have differnt lower shapes

I think that's just thanks to the printing. Unless you've seen both in person?

On 9/25/2016 at 2:35 AM, That Orange Thing said:

Not just any white shirt Han, White shirt Han with new hair!

Well then Boba Fett better come with the printed arms this time.

On 9/26/2016 at 11:44 PM, Forresto said:

Two death troopers in the battlepack is definitely overkill. Considering how many sets  we're going to buy to army build stormtroopers we are all going to have a number of death troopers equal to stormtroopers.  Thats a bit ridiculous 

Well at least it should keep the price of Death Troopers down.  And Stormtroopers for that matter.  Is it just me, or do these Stormtroopers seem to have the black hips instead of printed?  If that's the case, Stormtroopers with printed hips will still be expensive and in demand.  That's a real shame.

16 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Well then Boba Fett better come with the printed arms this time.

Well at least it should keep the price of Death Troopers down.  And Stormtroopers for that matter.  Is it just me, or do these Stormtroopers seem to have the black hips instead of printed?  If that's the case, Stormtroopers with printed hips will still be expensive and in demand.  That's a real shame.

Did OT stormtroopers ever habe non black hips other then the emperor's arrival set?

Are the battle pack images still up? I thought they gone 'hard to find' - the only ones I've seen are so low quality it's impossible to make out any detail at all. 

all prelims are low quality. The ones i re uploaded i puthrough waifu2x to get a better look. It kind of helps but not really enough to tell anything. 

Also look at one of my posts a page or too back that might help you find where they are

Edited by pittpenguin123

52 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Did OT stormtroopers ever habe non black hips other then the emperor's arrival set?

7264-1 Imperial Inspection is the only set (and it contained 4), but these highly detailed minifigures are the level of quality we should expect from LEGO Star Wars.  This should have become the standard Stormtrooper after its release.  Or is there a better, more detailed version I'm missing?

8 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

how about a sandtrooper battle pack? that's never been done and would be quite welcome. 

I'd like a Battlepack with maybe two Tuskens and two Jawas.

A general Tatooine pack with a Sandtrooper or two and some Cantina denizens would also be good.

Also a Battlepack with a variety of Jabba's guests/guards/minions.

1 hour ago, TeufelHund said:

I'd like a Battlepack with maybe two Tuskens and two Jawas.

That's an excellent idea, and should be posted in the Wishlists thread.

I'm not too excited about the distribution of the current battle pack, it should probably skew more towards Stormtroopers rather than an even mix, but it's better then no Stormtroopers.  But I'll agree that there are plenty of options for more battle packs in the future.

I think it's probably for the better that the battle pack count was reduced to two per year. We got three in 2014 and then four in 2015 and 2016. That's a lot of battle packs to have on shelves, so it makes sense that LEGO would try to gradually bring that number down. It also lets everyone buy more of one specific battle pack.

On 9/25/2016 at 8:38 AM, RetroInferno said:

2 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

I'm not familiar with the source material, but are the helmets in the Rebels BP the same as the ones seen in the OT?

No they are not, the Rebels helmets have dark azure vents with dark bley patches and the OT helmets have dark blue vents with sand blue patches. They are the same mold and look 

Rebel.jpg

OT.jpg

Happy with the rebel pack for sure.  Can't get enough of those guys.  Not so happy seeing the regular stormies in the BP.  Would have loved to have more variety.  I hope the figures are serious prelims though because the death troopers have an oddly round helmet.  I don't get why they make big iconic ships into microfighters though.  I prefer them as army builders.

Edited by legobear

Really looking forward to the new battle packs and to get a better look at them, now I can finally build up my alliance army, as there has been a lack of generic rebel soldiers recently. As well as building up a clean imp army too (rather than the battle worn stormtroopers from the last BP. Also can't wait to see more of the y wing! 

9 hours ago, x105Black said:

No thanks, they always mes up the hip printing, it never aligns with the torso part. Lets just hope these are the same versions as the one from the Imperial Star Destroyer and advent calender. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

No thanks, they always mes up the hip printing, it never aligns with the torso part. Lets just hope these are the same versions as the one from the Imperial Star Destroyer and advent calender. :thumbup:

That was only an issue with the Imperial Inspection Stormtroopers because the belt printing covered both the torso and the hips.

Lego would be better off leaving the belt printed on the torso only and give the hips a design similar to the First Order Stormtrooper. The only real difference with the hips on the OT Stormtrooper would be having two pouches instead of one and white portion in the middle not having a black line going through it. The leg printing should be relatively the same as the existing OT Stormtrooper aside from the continuation of the two pouches on the hips.

Either way the black hips are outdated and really need to go.

sw667.jpg?2sw585.jpg?2

Stormtroopers

First Order Stormtroopers

You have a point that they are outdated! :wink:

So if they can make a decent print I'm all for it, but for now I will be happy if they dont go changing some minnor detail on the armor again, I just bough a dozen of the previous version so...