Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Qui-Gon probably wouldn't have dual molding given that his boots are close in color to his pants, so I imagine they'll keep using the leg printing they have now.

Obi-Wan definitely needs dual molding though.

Okay, Im definitely guessing a couple of things....

- The Desert Skiff set will be larger than the last one, being that the 2012 one wasn't truly to scale. It will most likely contain a sarlacc as well, because that scene would be nothing without it. They'll also have to updating the figures because I just can't see Lego gipping us like that.

- The Yoda set is most likely not the hut, being that if it were, it would definitely contain Dagobah Luke. Yoda's astromech droid in the Clone Wars in R2, so it is probably the Jedi Starfighter.

- Duel of the Fates pretty much speaks for itself. A fun little playset with action functions, similar to the Yoda vs Dooku set from 2013. Obi Wan is due for a new hairpiece, since he's had this one since 1999. Qui Gon is perfect, and we might get a new face for Maul, but otherwise, the 2015 version of Maul was good too.

- Can't see why we are getting a Landspeeder. It better have something special to it for me to buy it, maybe a new Tatooine Luke or something.

- The Lando set my guess will be similar to the 2013 A-wing, containing Han, Ackbar, and a Pilot. I think that this set could either be another A-wing (maybe not since we currently have a rebels one out) or some sort of Home One playset. This should contain General Lando and the "pilot" could strongly be Nien Nunb, since we just saw an updated mini figure version of him in "Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens". Not sure of the third figure, but I'm really looking forward to this one no matter what it is.

Is the Lando set confirmed...? I assume it'd be some form of exclusive, given that we haven't seen any photos of it yet.

We haven't seen photos of any of them, as far as I know.

It would be nice, but improbable for them to give Maul a dual-face. One with him with a neutral/angry expression and one with him shocked, as we see when he gets cut in half. Wouldn't really work because his headpiece wouldn't cover up the alternate face.

It would be nice, but improbable for them to give Maul a dual-face. One with him with a neutral/angry exp<b></b>ression and one with him shocked, as we see when he gets cut in half. Wouldn't really work because his headpiece wouldn't cover up the alternate face.

They could even give us two heads, like Louis from the Ghostbusters Firehouse.

Another A-Wing wouldn't be too odd. We get about one new snowspeeder every two years. & the design never changed that much since the 2nd version.

With the A-Wing they can at least give us another colour. Does anyone know which colour's were presend for the A-Wing's in RotJ?

However I'd still prefer a playset - This: http://brickset.com/sets/7754-1/Home-One-Mon-Calamari-Star-Cruiser - was such a great set. Though what kind of playset could they produce with 30-50 bucks?

Another A-Wing wouldn't be too odd. We get about one new snowspeeder every two years. & the design never changed that much since the 2nd version.

With the A-Wing they can at least give us another colour. Does anyone know which colour's were presend for the A-Wing's in RotJ?

However I'd still prefer a playset - This: http://brickset.com/...ri-Star-Cruiser - was such a great set. Though what kind of playset could they produce with 30-50 bucks?

Red, red, red, I think also more red. Of course, that doesn't stop them from potentially doing something different as they did with the Mon Cal Cruiser set, but my bet it will be red.

Red, red, red, I think also more red. Of course, that doesn't stop them from potentially doing something different as they did with the Mon Cal Cruiser set, but my bet it will be red.

Please no... the last red A-Wing was pretty good for the piece count. Besides to the stupid flick missles of course. Even the pilot was perfect I think.

Maybe the Lando set is a GH-7 Transport. That would be a good 40-50 dollar set.

Sorry I meant the GR 75 transport.

For that price you can only get a small ship with a couple of stud shooters and 2 minifigs nowadays. A GR-75 transport could probably be done with a 90 dollar set slot if it were still 2013.

We haven't seen photos of any of them, as far as I know.

My bad. I meant that none of the leakers have seen pictures of the Lando set yet... Or have they?

Well they can make the GR H7 transport around the size of the resistance transport. Honestly I think it would look better a little bit more scaled down. Sir Van lego did say he didn't see a Lando though.

There is an A-wing in RO photo's so I'd assume its going to be used for RO.

Is there? I have not seen that in the trailers yet.

Is there? I have not seen that in the trailers yet.

There was an A-wing in some photos of some British Princes visiting the Episode VIII set, but I haven't seen any in RO photos.

And to be fair, we don't even know for sure what we saw for VIII are even A-Wings (and quite honestly I hope they aren't). I have no memory of ever seeing A-Wings in anything related to Rogue One, leaked or otherwise and I follow the leaks pretty closely.

And to be fair, we don't even know for sure what we saw for VIII are even A-Wings (and quite honestly I hope they aren't). I have no memory of ever seeing A-Wings in anything related to Rogue One, leaked or otherwise and I follow the leaks pretty closely.

I've googled the pictures. They are almost certainly A-Wings.

I get, but don't like, how TLG constantly update figs. They're minifigs, not action figures. The original Qui-Gon and Darth Maul from 1999 were perfect.

The relentless addition of yet more detail to minifigures (across all themes) is just something that bothers me. LEGO is inherently a cartoon-y medium. Minifigs with appropriately abstract yet distinct prints are fine.

I gotta say, the set I'm most looking forward to is Yoda's Starfighter. It's being called a Jedi Starfighter but surely it's an Interceptor correct? They only ever showed his Interceptor in the show. The Jedi Interceptors are by far my favorite Star Wars ship so this will probably be a must have for me if this is the case. I feel like rest are not going to meet expectations, particularly Duel of Fates. I'm interested in that one but I'm tempering my expectations. The Desert Skiff and Landspeeder are both a giant 'meh' to me and we know nothing about this supposed Lando set. The winter wave isn't looking so good tbh. At least there's the RO sets to look forward to, I actually quite like most of them.

I get, but don't like, how TLG constantly update figs. They're minifigs, not action figures. The original Qui-Gon and Darth Maul from 1999 were perfect.

The relentless addition of yet more detail to minifigures (across all themes) is just something that bothers me. LEGO is inherently a cartoon-y medium. Minifigs with appropriately abstract yet distinct prints are fine.

I don't really understand what your point is here, I think you might be a little blinded by nostalgia. Like with everything else, they want to make them better and better and they are doing just that. The original Qui-Gon and Darth Maul were great but they are dated by modern LEGO standards. The more recent figs are better in every conceivable way. Also, LEGO is a business that's trying to make money and they know minifigs sell sets. When they include the same exact minifigs every single time, few people are going to be willing to buy those sets. For example, in the Marvel Superheroes line, they've been including the same Spider-Man in 12 sets to date and if it weren't for the other minifigs in those sets, they'd bomb hard. If you collected every set in a wave and had 12 of the exact same minifig(not counting army builder type characters) wouldn't you feel kinda frustrated and feel like it wasn't worth the money? If your point is that sets should be able to stand on there own merit with quality builds, then I'd agree, though the inclusion of new figs are still quite necessary and desired. Edited by ToaDraco