Wonderpants

Bricklinking 10019 Rebel blockade runner

If anyone's done this, is it cheaper than buying a complete set? Apparently the wheels for the engines are expensive, but are there any other rare parts to watch out for?

I would look at brick building the parts of the engines which are really expensive. That's that some people did with the Star Destroyers and they look great.

I looked at BL'ing (UK base) but once the price went over £1k I decided to wait and see if I could pick up a used one for less. I never look at swapping parts out (which I later did on the UCS Y-Wing and UCS Snowspeeders I Bl'd).

I guess it depends on your local market (both for suppliers if you do it yourself - USA based was better for the 10019 parts when I looked) or the new/used seller markets (bricklink / ebay etc etc) and if you want to have a new / 100% accurate model, or are happy to have one with some mods/swaps.

Having done the latter on two UCS sets I'm happy doing it again if I could get the parts locally cheaper....

Edited by Hold0511

It's doable if you change the colors (discs/wheels/rims) to blue and dark gray. A number of the other parts have newer equivalents that cost virtually nothing.

Or you could design and brick build the engines like Goto said. I had actually designed one and was beginning to source parts when I found an original used one on ebay for dirt cheap.

Good evening,

actually bricklinking the blockade runner; My plan so far:

- Colors new light and dark gray

- Engines will be brick builded the parts are very expensive

in this way it will be less stressful and cheaper to look vor a used one.

I am looking forward to reading updates here. The Tantive IV is a dream set for me to own but it is indeed very expensive!

I've been looking into bl-ing this too and the 4 gun turrets on the side are another problem, cheapest I can find are 22 bucks.

I had no interest in building this set, but I saw the wheels on ebay last year and picked up 6 or 8 of them for 11$ shipped!. I had a different project in mind, so thought that was a good price. Looking at bricklink prices for them individually...yikes!

I would say at this point in time it's not worth it unless you already have a significant amount of parts or you are prepared to make a lot of substitutions like others have suggested. Using Rebrickable the store I found with the highest % of parts (58%) came to over $1058 Australian dollars, or approx. $760 USD. That only included some of the rarer parts and none of the dark red or grey wheel pieces. You would still need 42% of the parts, including many super expensive rare pieces that were only released in 10019. That's a pretty low starting point and as anyone who's ever bricklinked a model before will testify the last 10% of parts will probably come from 5-10+ different vendors. Factor in multiple shipping & handling costs and you are probably looking at $1800-2000+ USD.

I would say at this point in time it's not worth it unless you already have a significant amount of parts or you are prepared to make a lot of substitutions like others have suggested. Using Rebrickable the store I found with the highest % of parts (58%) came to over $1058 Australian dollars, or approx. $760 USD. That only included some of the rarer parts and none of the dark red or grey wheel pieces. You would still need 42% of the parts, including many super expensive rare pieces that were only released in 10019. That's a pretty low starting point and as anyone who's ever bricklinked a model before will testify the last 10% of parts will probably come from 5-10+ different vendors. Factor in multiple shipping & handling costs and you are probably looking at $1800-2000+ USD.

finished my orders this moment.

Parts from my brickpile: ~120€ will add a picture soon. cimg2558chk3r.jpg

Lego Bricks n pieces: 70€ shipping included

Bricklink spread over : ~150€ shipping included.

substitutions a lot but if my plan works out they won´t be that disturbing.

- color strict light/dark bluish gray instead of the old colors.

Edited by Midlife-crisis

finished my orders this moment.

Parts from my brickpile: ~120€ will add a picture soon. cimg2558chk3r.jpg

Lego Bricks n pieces: 70€ shipping included

Bricklink spread over : ~150€ shipping included.

substitutions a lot but if my plan works out they won´t be that disturbing.

- color strict light/dark bluish gray instead of the old colors.

Nice! One of the benefits of living in Europe is cheaper shipping from European BL stores. I'll be keen to see how it looks. There is a guy on Ebay selling LBG/DBG with bright blue/dark blue detail, like Ahsoka's CR90 Corvette from SW Rebels. It looks pretty awesome in that colour scheme.

Ah found it, the blue looks nice surprisingly for this price (~800€) you can get an original used UCS in europe, i will look to be as close as possible to TLG color scheme. I think things will be obvious as soon as i post pictures of the ordered brick piles.

So far i´m around 345€ for my bricklinked one

Ah found it, the blue looks nice surprisingly for this price (~800€) you can get an original used UCS in europe, i will look to be as close as possible to TLG color scheme. I think things will be obvious as soon as i post pictures of the ordered brick piles.

So far i´m around 345€ for my bricklinked one

Yeah I certainly wouldn't pay what the seller is asking but it would be quite easy to bricklink it.

This set has gone silly with the price... I picked it up years ago aftermarket and payed what I thought then to be too much. OUCH!!!

almost finished my bricklinked 10019 with some modifications and substitutions.

But still waiting for ~25parts

The dark red wheel replacements aren´t finished! I need some more dark red round plates 4x4.

overviewifsyp.jpg

a picture about the engine section and the wheels are mounted.

enginesubstitute29sa3.jpg

substitute1phspx.jpg

substitute26esvu.jpg

substitute3nwsk1.jpg

Edited by Midlife-crisis

almost finished my bricklinked 10019 with some modifications and substitutions.

But still waiting for ~25parts

The dark red wheel replacements aren´t finished! I need some more dark red round plates 4x4.

Nice M-c! I decided to Bricklink it but substitute white for LBG and the red/dark red with blue to mimic Ahsoka's Corvette in Rebels. Parts have mostly arrived, I've just ordered the final pieces from Bricklink and Lego B&P's. Final cost was ~$550 AUD (including shipping) or approx 275 British pounds. I'll post pics once its done.

I've been looking into bl-ing this too and the 4 gun turrets on the side are another problem, cheapest I can find are 22 bucks.

They are crazy prices for them on Bricklink. I decided to substitute with these...

Looking forward to see your build;

The substitution is really nice - it appears the Movie model is more round than TLG version.

Another possibility i thought about was to staple some Dishes 3pcs. 6x6 dishes and a 4x4 dish on top.

I have ordered another 8pcs. of Part: 2463 to replace my Part 2418a as i think they suit better according to the picture below.

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=2463#T=C

mp-tantive7ouwc.png

That is a good substitution, were the 52 half cylinders significantly cheaper in LBG?

Yes, the 1/4 cylinders in LBG can be bought for ~$0.60-0.80 AUD each in the quantity needed. In white they were ~$2-4 AUD each for sellers who had 52 or more. LGB is far more common than white.