Sign in to follow this  
marook

Switch Track with M motor

Hi all,

Just made a LDD file of my design of a M-motor track switch. Some inspiration from around the net, but for people looking, here is a solution.

LDD File.

27159531155_8442014f58_z.jpgM Motor switch track design

Switch track goes between the red tiles and the rest.

This is for a left-side switch track, mirror for right side.

Have fun.

without clutch, the engine may force and assembly may suffer.

the advantage is that the assembly is compact

without clutch, the engine may force and assembly may suffer.

the advantage is that the assembly is compact

Well, the point here is, that the phisycal construction does not allow it to force anything apart.

Other options with gears dis just that.

The M-motor does also not have much more power than to move the lever, and since my SBrick remote is a touch-only, it only just 'pulses' the motor to move.

After som days of operation, nothing is forced apart and all loks good.

with an sbrick it is ok, but with an IR it is probably not the same ;)

I guess you would need this remote, so you can 'pulse' a short move?

That looks very similar to my design that was in the REC reveal in RailBricks #12 (currently unavailable due to RB site being down). I say that just for familiarity sake, like you I borrowed most of the good ideas from several other folks. I have several images of the switches in this folder. I used a 9v train power supply and a series of pole reversers to operate the switches. As you say, just a short pulse to throw the switch, the motor is strong enough to throw an unmodified switch and only stalls for a fraction of a second as long as you quickly turn the power off.

That looks very similar to my design that was in the REC reveal in RailBricks #12 (currently unavailable due to RB site being down). I say that just for familiarity sake, like you I borrowed most of the good ideas from several other folks. I have several images of the switches in this folder. I used a 9v train power supply and a series of pole reversers to operate the switches. As you say, just a short pulse to throw the switch, the motor is strong enough to throw an unmodified switch and only stalls for a fraction of a second as long as you quickly turn the power off.

Thanks - I did seem to remember I got the ideas somewhere from, but it's been sitting on a shelf for some months and I forgot where from. I'm building some more for my layout.. :-)

Hi..i am new to this forum and as per my experience the point here is, that the phisycal construction does not allow it to force anything apart.Other options with gears dis just that.

The M-motor does also not have much more power than to move the lever, and since my SBrick remote is a touch-only, it only just 'pulses' the motor to move.After some days of operation, nothing is forced apart and all looks good.

turnkey prototype assembly

Edited by ZebIrion