B Rick

[MOD] ZOINKS! Shaggy's Hotrod Mystery Machine

a8_scooby.jpg

ZOINKS!

Shaggy turns out to be one hell of a hotrodder, turning his Dodge A-100 van into a pro-street pavement-pounder. Inspired by the full-size-engined/half-sized-bodied Zingers, the famous customs of the early 70's showcar-scene. The engine is a 2:1 scale full blown V6 race-engine. It's got dragslicks in the back, a wheelie-bar, and a drag-shute.

a14_scooby.jpg

a2_scooby.jpg

a17_scooby.jpg

a1_scooby.jpg

a5_scooby.jpg

a3_scooby.jpg

a4_scooby.jpg

a16_scooby.jpg

a15_scooby.jpg

a6_scooby.jpg

a7_scooby.jpg

mystery_machine_3.jpg

mystery_machine_2.jpg

To really appreciate this car it's best to compare it with the standard boring original cartoon version.

a9_scooby.jpg

a12_scooby.jpg

a10_scooby.jpg

a11_scooby.jpg

19_scooby.jpg

18_scooby.jpg

Jinkies! That's pretty sweet!

Love the engine and parachute - great piece usage!

Thanks!

I came across your Mystery Machine just yesterday. Great job fitting all of the Mystery Gang in it and at the same time having a full interior.

By the way, I remember you doing that to the Ecto 1, right? It inspired me to try and do the same to mine, including opening hood and engine.

Wonderful upgrades, your version looks so much cooler than the set :wub: That is a seriously large engine crammed in the back too :oh:

Thanks guys!

Wow! Awesome upgrades! I liked the original but yours looks even more fun and cartoony.

I love the official set. It's a fun build. But I love hotrods even more...

Wow, this van is one sick build! I really like the redesign with the raked stance and the improved front. All those custom stickers (decals?) look right on and I got to say, this is surely the most far-out van in town. :laugh:

Wow, this van is one sick build! I really like the redesign with the raked stance and the improved front. All those custom stickers (decals?) look right on and I got to say, this is surely the most far-out van in town. :laugh:

Thanks Only Sinner!

You're right... Those are vintage 25 y/o plastic modelkit waterslide decals. I knew those would come in handy some day.... :laugh:

I would love to see this in a ratted design using the flatbed bodywork!

Awesome! But it's a shame that beautiful engine doesn't have more of a chance to shine- it'd be cool if you modded it even more to more closely resemble some of those hot rod vans you pictured.

RAD. Amazing how you can fit that monster engine with all those details in there. I've passed over the stock LEGO Mystery Machine many times at the retail store and assembled versions at LEGO swap meet tables, never seeing the potential in hot-rodding it. You've opened my eyes. WIDE. Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation.

Thanks!

I would love to see this in a ratted design using the flatbed bodywork!

I hear ya on the flatbed-comment. That will be my plan for my other Mystery Machine. Ever heard of de dragster Little Red Wagon? That was my main inspiration to build a Hotrodded Dodge A-100. The mystery has the almost perfect shapes, so it became the hotrod mystery machine. But I am planning on building the Little Red Wagon soon. Just got to find the right parts... I'm running out. But... Not untill after my build I discovered we have/had a Dragster in our dragracing-scene that was shaped after the Little Red Wagon. In lime-green. Titled 'Little Green Wagon'. Now, I have lots of limegreen lego! ...well, enough to build one, I think...

Awesome! But it's a shame that beautiful engine doesn't have more of a chance to shine- it'd be cool if you modded it even more to more closely resemble some of those hot rod vans you pictured.

Well, I like it 'subtle' the way it is now. Still sort of a realistic hotrod. To exagerate more will make this build look too much like a toy. It works with the Van I pictured because of it's realism. But I think it won't work with Lego.

RAD. Amazing how you can fit that monster engine with all those details in there. I've passed over the stock LEGO Mystery Machine many times at the retail store and assembled versions at LEGO swap meet tables, never seeing the potential in hot-rodding it. You've opened my eyes. WIDE. Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation.

That's cool to hear! Now, go and get one. I loved the shape of that van ever since I was a kid in the late seventies. So I just HAD to have one. And hey, it's Lego. You can make ANYTHING you can think up!

:classic: