Sign in to follow this  
jonfett

New Lego Train

i think the most terrible problem for TLC is the size of these trains. they're so big that it's probably quit difficult for fans to have a real train landscape as you can build with the traditional M

I like the scale, but unfortunately, they do take some room. I'd love to build a bigger town with more track than what I have now (which isn't real large at all), but unless on the floor, you need a large room and table to display it. The scale fits city and mini-figs well though, and HO wouldn't do it.

What I'd really love to see is more old-fashion buildings and bridges for layouts. I've got plenty of engines and rolling stock now (but I do love to see Lego make new ones). I'm just running out of space (with Train, City, Star Wars, and other models).

Also, I find that one motor only pulls about three cars well (not including engine). For trains longer than three-four cars, you need more than one engine.

Just a heads up, that the TTX train car is available now in Europe

for 40 Euro at Lego Shop @ Home.

Lego TTX train car

Ben

Aw crap, I thought those would be new pics but I've seen them at least 2 weeks ago.

I've ordered one and am looking forward to seeing the real thing. I think they don't ship until mid-June (at least in the U.S).

I received my TTX today and just finished building it. Since there have been reviews already in the net I won't add another one (too lazy anyways). So just my $0.02:

When I saw the first pix a half year ago I liked it from the beginning and was sure to get me one (and a few more). I thought it was/is really cool looking. All the more I was surprised at how "plain" a model it is. And I don't mean this negatively. From the looks of it I somehow expected a few nifty building techniques but the model is as straight forward as it could be: brick on top of brick, a few plates, tiles and panels, and you're done. Nothing spectacular, a quick build, but a great looking model.

The thing that bugged me in the beginning were the containers. I own 6541 and 6542 as well as 1831 which come with nice looking containers. But once I had finished the TTX-containers and applied the stickers they looked really nice - and, most importantly, they fit the model better than the containers from the 90s. And you just need basic bricks to build 2 million on your own. OK, they're not very realistic, but hasn't LEGO been about imagination all the way?

I've read numerous discussions on other boards (mostly the "big one") about not realistic enough looking models of late. I found them kinda ridiculous. With this model LEGO proved that with a few basic bricks, some plates, and imagination you can build pretty good stuff.

Way to go, TLG *y*

People, this isn't megablocks.Besides this is old news.

[ ] You understood my post.

[x] You didn't understand my post.

Thats what happens when you answer a topic started May 11th  >-|

I did that on purpose. Why start a new thread if there is one already...