Sign in to follow this  
jonfett

New Lego Train

Sweeeettt ! I will create a train track around my flat :-D

doesn't this serial number suggest it's an exclusive?

Sure like all/most of the Sante fe ones unfortunatly!!!

Theres a sweet satisfaction about being right. :)

Anyways, I am looking forward to the set despite it not having the

old window frame / shutter design on the cargo vans.

Also, why is everytime I turn my back, Lego comes out with a new

exclusive?

Ben Medinets

Thanks for the info Jon! This looks like a pretty nice set, just don't like the heavy price. I know that it is the same as the locos but it seems Lego charges more for the train line now that they realized that most are bought by AFOL's. I did not think the heavy price tag would roll over to the rolling-stock. I figured Lego would price the rolling-stock around $19.95 or $24.95 and keep the higher prices for the locos.

Oh well... It is a very nice set and I hope they release even more cars such as new tankers, box cars, car transports, etc...

Oh my......God.....LEGO's going classic and I like it...no...I LOVE it...but the pricetag...wtf? For that price, they should have had at least 3 wagons. That's too expensive for me but great detail on the wagons.

ooo that does look good but at that price i would rather get the santa fe first cool none the less

Not to intrude or anything with this argument on the price, but i say that the price is pretty reasonable. On the ILTCO website it said that the set was licensed by the official TTX company and LEGO needed to pay for that license, which unfortunatly caused LEGO to jack up the price...so, yes...we ALL feel "megablocked" now, don't we? :'( *devil*

Thats excellent and just the sort of thing I was hoping they'd do. Its not that expensive so the price doesn't really bother me and I'll probably get at least a couple.

Very nice. A new train car is well over due. I was hoping for a Maersk cargo box but this will have to do.

But at $39.99, Lego could have at least put some "window shutter" doors on the containers - another bad call. (this is what I was getting at when Lego asked the question, what can we do do get more money on our sets in that last survey).

How about giving us some value for our money?

I don't understand. Why does LEGO have to license? I thought they said they were done with that. I mean, I really doubt LEGO would get in trouble if they took out the stickers, not pay for the license and just call it Flat Wagons or something like that.

I don't understand. Why does LEGO have to license? I thought they said they were done with that. I mean, I really doubt LEGO would get in trouble if they took out the stickers, not pay for the license and just call it Flat Wagons or something like that.

Yes...this arkward decison is yet another mistake of the LEGO company, posing another question for them to answer, why waste money? LEGO is sometimes not very wise with their marketing strategies, are they?

Was it ever mentioned somewhere, that LEGO spent money on this license? TLC may just promote those logos and brandnames in return of the license.

I was driving down town today and passed under a freight train. The train had numerous yellow double-stacked cars, and in watching them pass, I realized that they had the TTX name. This must be a big company that makes these cars and that explains why Lego purchased license rights to use the name.

As I give this more thought, it's neat that Lego keeps these cars authentic rather than just generic cars (like the Super Chief and BNSF as well). I'm sure it drives up the price but it's neat that they're authentic.

i don't think you can call this a real license. TLC asked the permission to use the name of the company, and she agreed in exchange for money... i do think it's going to be a commercial success tho... a couple of these exclusive train sets are amongst the most popular on lugnet's rankings and it seems people are willing to pay the (heavy) price...

I like that Lego has started to make realistic and licensed trains. The SFSC and the BNSF are amazing sets. I just have a problem spending $10-$20 more for rolling stock just because a TTX sticker is included. I can make stickers myself or pick up some O-gauge sticker sheets for a few bucks. This set is based off of James Mathis' Double Stack Container Car. Add some cheap TTX stickers and you will have a nice model that is similar to the set at a fraction of the cost. You can also alter the car to resemble the real set.