Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

@Robert8 you need to stop... Like right now... Ive only just found this thread and each series I've seen has been unrealistically amazing, for me to then realise that LEGO would never be cool enough to release these

Seriously fantastic work mate:thumbup:

10 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

@Robert8 you need to stop... Like right now... Ive only just found this thread and each series I've seen has been unrealistically amazing, for me to then realise that LEGO would never be cool enough to release these

Seriously fantastic work mate:thumbup:

Thank you :classic:

10 hours ago, Franklinw1234 said:

Is the southern businessman inspired by Doug Dimmadome? He looks very similar.

It's based on the Corrupt Hick trope. Doug Dimmadome and the Texan Rich Guy, from The Simpsons, were definitely an inspiration

Edited by Robert8

On 4/8/2017 at 10:00 PM, Robert8 said:

Nope. Not yet. I'll be done if one of these happens

1- If LEGO officially cancels the CMF line

2- If I die

3 -When we reach Series Z

:classic:

Will Series Z be the zombie apocalypse to your project, then? :tongue:

You could always go the Excel route and do series AA, AB, ...

By the way, I've always wondered, how do you do these? What program do you use? And how do you get them to look so good (i.e. great proportions and level of detail). How long does it take you to do each series?

On 9/4/2017 at 10:13 PM, BrickHat said:

Will Series Z be the zombie apocalypse to your project, then? :tongue:

You could always go the Excel route and do series AA, AB, ...

Haha Nope. Series Z would be a normal regular series

Can you imagine if I go on with Series AA, BB.???? This would never end! :laugh:

On 9/4/2017 at 10:13 PM, BrickHat said:

By the way, I've always wondered, how do you do these? What program do you use? And how do you get them to look so good (i.e. great proportions and level of detail). How long does it take you to do each series?

Mmm I can't really say how much time does it take to make each series because I made some of these a long time ago. And other ones I made them right before posting them here. For instance, the Pixie was made only a few hours before posting series E. But Sneaky Guy (also from Series E) was made almost a year ago, after I saw a Powerpuff Girls episode

This is how I make every character

1. First of all, when I have a "new" idea for a CMF I make a quick sketch of what I have in mind.

33724879830_fd6923c19b.jpg

2. Then, I make a few different versions of the character. I try different prints, accessories, pieces

34068935806_75704e4d59_z.jpg

3. I choose one of the versions I made, and then I try different color schemes

34068937946_723e83f0eb_c.jpg

4. I choose one and I add the accessories and a little R as my signature....... and that's it. 

34069166596_75126be773.jpg

I make these with AIS6 :classic:

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

I make these with AIS6 :classic:

What is that? Could you send a download link? Would love to make some more custom CMFs.

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

What is that? Could you send a download link? Would love to make some more custom CMFs.

AIS6 is Adobe Illustrator 6 if I'm not mistaken :)

Edited by JGuy

Ya that format looks much better and easier to view them! Can't wait to see the next series, looks good! Just about to finish my next one too :blush:

Edited by Ashnflash

I'm loving the blurry image as a teaser for your next series .. why doesn't Lego do something like this as a teaser to the new figures coming. 

Your 'Hatter' is amazing .. would you ever consider doing a Disney based series ? I don't think I can wait until Lego decide to do an official one ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Jarreth2 said:

I'm loving the blurry image as a teaser for your next series .. why doesn't Lego do something like this as a teaser to the new figures coming. 

Your 'Hatter' is amazing .. would you ever consider doing a Disney based series ? I don't think I can wait until Lego decide to do an official one ^_^ 

About a themed/licensed series, Disney is already been done by @Ashnflash. There is a thread where he/she is posting them, and they look amazing. :classic:

I've been toying wih the idea of a Batman series based (mostly) in the animated TV show from the 90's. Maybe later this year

39 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

I smell a Blacktron inspired trooper in that teaser.... :drool:

You're correct :laugh:

45 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I've been toying wih the idea of a Batman series based (mostly) in the animated TV show from the 90's. Maybe later this year

Honestly, I've started re-watching that series (which I haven't watched since the 90s), and I've really felt its iconic versions of the characters need to be seen in Lego form at some point, especially when I see Funko doing those. Sadly, I doubt it'll happen, but who knows. Either way, I'd really like to see you tackle that!

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That sounds AWESOME. It would be even cooler if you included other DCAU bits like Superman and Justice League.

5 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

That Black Swan is super majestic. Can't wait for next series!

Totallycalledblackballerinabtw.

:laugh:

Thank you. You always have kind words for my work :classic:

And yeah, she is the Dark Ballerina

33909947290_089d119748_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Damn Roberto, crank that Tchaikovsky up the eleven, cuz we have ourselves Swan Lake up here! But seriously, can't wait to write bios for series H!

Edited by Eggyslav

I had thought about a Black Swan style ballerina myself, but in my mind, she used the Chicken Suit Guy's arms in black. Yours, of course, is superb. Looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

@Robert8 That is an interesting figure and a nice start to the reveal of the next series.  I just noticed on this figure, though, that the hands seem to be upside down?  I always assumed the curve of the hand should be the bottom to represent the shorter pinkie finger and the lack of a thumb on the bottom.  Looking back at your earlier figures, the others seem to have the hands in the upside down position.  Maybe this is just my personal preference?  I am not totally sure, but they still seem upside down to me.

I am looking forward to the next series as you keep producing excellent minifigures!

I have insider info from my supremely secretive source dude.

They said this next series is going to be very cool, including characters like "Sculpted Humanoid", "Talkative Exerciser", "Magic Dino Suit Guy" and a "Little Kiddo In A Suit".

On 28/4/2017 at 7:14 AM, Slegengr said:

@Robert8 That is an interesting figure and a nice start to the reveal of the next series.  I just noticed on this figure, though, that the hands seem to be upside down?  I always assumed the curve of the hand should be the bottom to represent the shorter pinkie finger and the lack of a thumb on the bottom.  Looking back at your earlier figures, the others seem to have the hands in the upside down position.  Maybe this is just my personal preference?  I am not totally sure, but they still seem upside down to me.

Interesting

I never thought about the hands being upside down in that position. 

I'll take it in consideration for Series G

:classic:

On 28/4/2017 at 1:48 AM, Eggyslav said:

Damn Roberto, crank that Tchaikovsky up the eleven, cuz we have ourselves Swan Lake up here! But seriously, can't wait to write bios for series H!

I think you meant Series G :laugh:

21 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

I have insider info from my supremely secretive source dude.

Danm you have a very good source :laugh:

Edited by Robert8