Robert8

Ideas for CMFs

Really nice figures, but the ones that stand out to me and are so far my favorites are the Spooky Knight, Egyptian Empress, and Sprite. Also love the printing on the homebound man. His bear slippers are adorable.

I know there's already a great description for him, but I just had to try my hand at the Homebound Man. Sorry @8BrickMario!

Homebound Man

"Brickler.....Brickler.....Brickler....."

Homebound Man's fellow minfigures are subjected to this ordeal every time he's absent. Rumor has it he's been buying pink markers in bulk to avoid commitments, and spiking that tea with something that most definitely, is not honey. And as if that wasn't bad enough, he's also been spending his days street racing and leading obscure holiday parades and flash mobs. He would be in some real hot water --if anyone could ever catch him, that is.

This series is your best yet I think the whole series is exceptional.  The spooky knight is insanely good I love the tattered clothes and the broken helm.  The winter sprite is fantastic I love the printing and the new hairpiece.  The android is great so detailed.  The celtic warrior is awesome love the facepaint.  The evil genie is nicely done.  Love it all man.

I didn't realise this has been going on for quite sometime. You're at series F already. Lots of great ideas in here which makes me think -- Is this a challenge to TLG so that they keep on making fresh new minifigure designs? :grin:

Right? I mean, really, Robert 8 has given us six series of pretty original designs and in Series 17 we get ... another Surfer?!? A Dance Instructor who looks like she's the Fitness Instructor's long lost, and possibly insane, sister?!? (Granted, she's growing on me the more I look at her, but still ...) A Frenchman who likes look the mime without his makeup? (Although the bulldog makes him a must have, of course ...)

I don't say it to blow smoke up your you-know-where, but I would kill to have the Lego Group give some serious consideration to your designs because I would absolutely love to add just about all of these to my collection.

Edited by DarrellBricker
Clarity and conciseness

Thank you everyone for your  comments :blush: 

3 hours ago, makoy said:

I didn't realise this has been going on for quite sometime. You're at series F already. Lots of great ideas in here which makes me think -- Is this a challenge to TLG so that they keep on making fresh new minifigure designs? :grin:

This thread is meant to be just a wishlist, with drawings. That's it. :classic:

Also, from time to time I see people saying LEGO is running out of ideas for the regular CMFs and that LEGO should replace them with licensed series. :hmpf_bad:  Well, this thread is my reply to that :wink:

Edited by Robert8

Cartoonguy and spooky knight are my favourites! 

Another job well done Robert8! Thanks for entertaining us and fantasising about cmf figs

10 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

That Kayak Paddle piece... 

@Robert8, didn't you design something exactly like that recently?

Yeah. For the Kayaker from Series C. The same happened with the duck floatie from the Lifesaver Guy from Series A. :laugh:

But it has to be a coincidence, because they work a whole year in advance. So, those pieces were already made when I posted these.

28941467836_e693a631c0.jpg32365489111_57a3e430c6_n.jpg

Edited by Robert8

On 2/21/2017 at 5:06 AM, Robert8 said:

Hello everyone!

Series F is here!

Fantastic! So many great designs, but that Android Woman design is perfection....

Oh my gosh, your design are absolutely amazing!! If only lego mini figures are as good as your design. Lego should definitely employ you. Hopefully some of your design will become actual mini figure someday.

Not to make the comment section sound like a broken record, but this might just be the best one yet! I would make a point of collecting almost every single one, especially the Winter Sprite! (You teased me on it, you rascal!) But really, I make a point of grabbing all the historical, cultural, and fantasy characters in every CMF wave that comes out, so this one would definitely keep me busy!

Thanks for you comments guys :)

On 23/2/2017 at 8:09 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

If they did that spooky knight, I'd go bankrupt.

It might actually happen, because there is one in the Alexandre Boudon designs

22414474366_e7213fb00c_o.png

The design is different but the idea behind it is the same: an undead knight. 

6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks for you comments guys :)

Then get ready to give that wallet.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

On 2/25/2017 at 2:07 AM, Robert8 said:

Man, if there were a theme around that, I'd just buy everything within 20 miles, lol. The black falcon's heraldry is a plus, but as long as they were well designed (like yours or Alexandre's), I'd be in, big time.

So, After all this whinging about you one-upping me on designs, I've started to write down detailed descriptions of figs while I seek to find a way to actually visually design them. 

And it is HARD to make sure my Film Fan doesn't look like your Cinephile, can I just say.

On 9/3/2017 at 5:58 PM, Ogist said:

Wow!!! This is realy amazing and very creative! Homebound man is perfect :classic:

On 14/3/2017 at 3:11 PM, SirBlake said:

Man, if there were a theme around that, I'd just buy everything within 20 miles, lol. The black falcon's heraldry is a plus, but as long as they were well designed (like yours or Alexandre's), I'd be in, big time.

I hope they'll make something like that in the next Castle line. Something similar to skeleton faction in Fantasy Era but with undead knights from different factions: wolfpack, black falcons, lions from Castle 2013, dragon knights from Kingdoms, setc....

11 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

So, After all this whinging about you one-upping me on designs, I've started to write down detailed descriptions of figs while I seek to find a way to actually visually design them. 

And it is HARD to make sure my Film Fan doesn't look like your Cinephile, can I just say.

I hope you'll post your designs soon! I've been looking forward to see those since you first mentioned them :classic:

Wow this last series is truly magnificent. I would certainly buy lots of them. :)

On 3/18/2017 at 1:35 AM, Robert8 said:

I hope they'll make something like that in the next Castle line. Something similar to skeleton faction in Fantasy Era but with undead knights from different factions: wolfpack, black falcons, lions from Castle 2013, dragon knights from Kingdoms, setc....

I hope you'll post your designs soon! I've been looking forward to see those since you first mentioned them :classic:

Are you done making these series?

Spooky Knight and Minstrel are both absolutely great. Very well-made.

EDIT: Oh, and the Pixie, Castaway and Peasant from the previous series as well.

All those above would be great for my collection.

The rest are also impressive designs, but won't fit into what I collect. But impressive work overall, as usual. :classic:

Edited by Hive

On 20/3/2017 at 9:28 PM, froggy95 said:

Incredible series! Lego needs to pay attention and/or hire you!

On 21/3/2017 at 3:57 PM, Niku said:

Wow this last series is truly magnificent. I would certainly buy lots of them. :)

17 hours ago, Hive said:

Spooky Knight and Minstrel are both absolutely great. Very well-made.

EDIT: Oh, and the Pixie, Castaway and Peasant from the previous series as well.

All those above would be great for my collection.

The rest are also impressive designs, but won't fit into what I collect. But impressive work overall, as usual. :classic:

Thanks. I'm glad you liked them :classic:

On 3/4/2017 at 8:52 PM, Legofan2001 said:

Are you done making these series?

Nope. Not yet. I'll be done if one of these happens

1- If LEGO officially cancels the CMF line

2- If I die

3 -When we reach Series Z

:classic:

I've said it before but I love your CMF ideas and renderings. How come TLG doesn't have you on contract as a Minifigure designer. Such strong ideas and beautiful representations. :wub:

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks. I'm glad you liked them :classic:

Nope. Not yet. I'll be done if one of these happens

1- If LEGO officially cancels the CMF line

2- If I die

3 -When we reach Series Z

:classic:

Okay good.