Oky

[Maze] Cat A - Disneyland: The Happiest Maze On Earth!

To all who come to this happy entry thread, welcome! :sweet: In celebration of the release of the Disney CMFs and the upcoming Cinderella Castle, as well as the 60th Anniversary of the park, I decided to make an entry based on the Disneyland Resort! It's a miniature version of the map and as anyone who has visited one of the Disney theme parks will know, finding your way around the park is like navigating a giant maze. There are lots of winding paths and oftentimes you will find yourself in a dead end. So, in order to make your way to all the fun attractions and make the most out of your visit, you will need to find the correct path to the iconic Sleeping Beauty castle and master it. This addition to the Lego Ideas Maze allows you to do just that!

26254258334_d80ae0953e_z.jpg

Disneyland Maze by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Naturally, you start at the entrance area, then make your way towards Main Street, U.S.A. But one of the horse-drawn streetcars is blocking your way, so you take a right turn into Tomorrowland. There, you pass by the Astro Orbiter and go around Space Mountain. Next, you enter Fantasyland and go through Matterhorn and It's A Small World.

26766073172_757ffa7870_z.jpg

Disneyland maze 4 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Now, with the song "It's A Small World" stuck in your head, you make your way towards the Walt Disney statue in the center of the park, but kiosks selling overpriced merchandise and food (including delicious jumbo turkey legs) are blocking your way to the castle, so you go down to Adventureland. After going on the Jungle Cruise ride, you go by the Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square and up to the Rivers of America where you can see a pirate ship.

26254258074_e3cbd6af5f_z.jpg

Disneyland maze 3 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

You then find yourself in Frontierland where you ride the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. At last, you pass by the statue of Walt Disney once again and finally arrive at the castle where you can watch the glorious fireworks!

26766073912_a1d5745552_z.jpg

Disneyland maze 2 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Here is a picture of the maze without the tilt system:

26254257784_73d23612f2_z.jpg

Disneyland maze 5 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

And here is a comparison of the top view of the maze with the map. It may not be a 100% accurate, but then again, neither is the map.

26792208451_283dc88881_z.jpg

Disneyland maze top comparison by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

You can download the LDD file here: Disneyland maze.lxf

I hope you enjoyed it and may all your dreams come true! :classic:

I love this! The way you've made a mini Disneyland yet adapted it so the maze ball can still roll around the entire park :wub:

Really cute ... Considering the popularity of the new CMF line, this a perfect entry. Good luck!

Thanks! And yes, the CMFs seem to be extremely popular. They've been sold out in my area ever since they've been released. :hmpf_bad:

I love this! The way you've made a mini Disneyland yet adapted it so the maze ball can still roll around the entire park :wub:

Thank you! It certainly was a challenge, but it was a lot of fun to build and I'm happy with the result.

Interesting, you did a theme park entry too!

It looks amazing!

Thanks! Are you making one as well? Which park is it based on? Can't wait to see it!

Thanks! And yes, the CMFs seem to be extremely popular. They've been sold out in my area ever since they've been released. :hmpf_bad:

Thank you! It certainly was a challenge, but it was a lot of fun to build and I'm happy with the result.

Thanks! Are you making one as well? Which park is it based on? Can't wait to see it!

Just a generic theme park. Not as good as this! :laugh:

Great use of those funky 2x2 brick modified parts for the mountain top and orange building (pardon my lack of Disneyland knowledge :laugh:)

The castle is my favorite section :thumbup:

Amazing entry! The Castle looks perfect, and the microfig as the Walt Disney statue is very clever!

(I'd would suggest using pink parts in the castle, to make it even more recognizable)

Congratulations for this stunning entry and good luck!

Thanks everyone! However, as you can see here, this entry has been disqualified as I will be entering with my Jakku themed entry instead.

You nailed it with this one, I can practically hear the Main Street music as I'm looking at this.

I fear the design may be a bit unbalanced though and it could hinder the playability as the board would be too heavy on one side. I can see why you did it like this as a way to be as close as possible to the original park design... I guess it would have to be tested in the bricks to know for sure and possibly make some adjustments or include counterweights.

wonderful !

the different areas are well represented. good work :thumbup:

Edited by Cheatay

The link for the LXF seems does not work !

Please, could you fix it ?

Edited by Cheatay

You nailed it with this one, I can practically hear the Main Street music as I'm looking at this.

I fear the design may be a bit unbalanced though and it could hinder the playability as the board would be too heavy on one side. I can see why you did it like this as a way to be as close as possible to the original park design... I guess it would have to be tested in the bricks to know for sure and possibly make some adjustments or include counterweights.

Thank you! Yes, you're right, it probably is a bit unbalanced, but as you said, that's just how the map is. Consider it an added challenge. :wink:

wonderful !

the different areas are well represented. good work :thumbup:

Thanks!

The link for the LXF seems does not work !

Please, could you fix it ?

Tanks

Hm, that's odd. Thanks for pointing that out. I have re-uploaded the file.

And thanks for the suggestion, but I will not be adding any tanks to the maze. Those would just look out of place. :tongue: