Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Avatar-A MOC based on the series

theaterindex.gif

This is my first posted MOC! :-$

Today I present to you a scene from Avatar: The Last Airbender; 105 The King of Omashu. I decided to quickly throw something together for my recently acquired Avatar people (as the sets never came out here, I had to order them from someone I know :-| ). It is based around the scene where Aang, Katara, Sokka and Momo are riding the delivery system, encountering a few problems along the way, and consequently causing havoc! >:-) I had a lot of fun building this, and I hope you enjoy it!

p1040009.jpg

This is an overview of the scene.

p1040010.jpg

Here is the Gaang, flying off the slide as the weapons rack flies past (refer to the episode for details)

p1040013.jpg

The cabbage man! :-D

p1040021.jpg

The unfortunate result. That cabbage man is in for a lot more of that! (again refer to series)

p1040017.jpg

And all the participants in this scene! The two Earth Nation people for some reason don't want to look at the camera... 8-|

Thanks for looking! X-D

Also, the gallery when moderated: Gallery on Brickshelf

LOL. I remember that scene. The cabbage man has become a classic inside joke at our house.

I enjoyed that. Thanks!

That is awesome for a first MOC!! I remembered that part as soon as I saw it becasuse its so detailed. How long did it take you?

Thanks guys! It took me a few hours to build, I did it one afternoon, just after I had finished building the two Avatar sets. I thought that, because TLC hasn't done any more, it would be cool to build a MOC or two showing scenes that I enjoyed! I found this scene very funny :-D

Cabbage Merchant: My cabbages! You're gonna pay for this!

(The three are quickly surrounded by soldiers.)

Aang (sheepishly): Two cabbages please.

:-D

I just love the expressions, they crack me up...

Very nice, dragonator *y* I havn't seen the episode, but it certainly is a good MOC *wub* The Chinese temple thing is especially good *sweet*

Good job *y* *y*

This is my first posted MOC! :-$

...and it's excellent! 8-

Edited by Mr. Mandalorian

Thanks iamded! Yeah, I blame you for getting me hooked on this! :-P It cost me NZ$180, which is a little steep, but I got these through someone on Trademe, so it takes into account shipping and his premium for importing them. When looking at how Lego prices sets though, its not actually all that much more expensive than how much it would cost in stores if it came out here... 8-|

Glad you liked it!

Very nice, dragonator *y* I havn't seen the episode, but it certainly is a good MOC *wub* The Chinese temple thing is especially good *sweet*

Good job *y* *y*

Thanks for that, the building is a house in the style of those seen in the episode.

...and it's excellent! 8-

I hope to build some more MOC's soon, maybe some more based around Avatar, although I have a few things to build for the EN first :-| :-D

Can't wait to see them! 8-

Cool! That's a very recongizable scene from the show. Are you about to make more Avatar scenes? :-$ *y*

Cool! That's a very recongizable scene from the show. Are you about to make more Avatar scenes? :-$ *y*

Thanks everyone for your comments! Yes I probably will make some more, although not until February probably, because I'm going to be away! X-O

My one big problem is getting minifigs for other characters like Toph, General Iroh, Appa (unless I brick build him) and all the other main (and minor) characters! 8-|

That's a great MOC, very good rendering of that scene!

I just ordered the avatar sets from the US, I'm also planning to make some avatar MOCs in future