jim7564

USS Missouri

not sure if this is the right category but as its minifig i would class it as lego town if you can build a harbour big enough to get it in.just under 25ft long it took 3 years to complete and a few hundred thousand pieces,started in early 2012 and completed late 2014

DSC02847_zps6kpovdmz.jpg

the wee tugs are about 2 ft long

DSC02846_zpsrnyucxup.jpg

DSC02845_zpsgh4tc7xx.jpg

DSC02853_zpscq9jjdwi.jpg

DSC02849_zpsh3zzqauw.jpg

DSC02859_zps6vm0szcr.jpg

DSC02861_zps7jbcszj0.jpg

DSC02861_zps7jbcszj0.jpg

the gun turrets come in at 3.5 kg each.

DSC02852_zpse45zz7ul.jpg

it took about 5 hrs to set up like this

DSC02863_zpslngljvws.jpg

DSC02865_zpse5ztli7b.jpg

DSC02850_zpsfet31jck.jpg

Just lovin all the details on it especially all the piping, turrets and tugboats. Great job man! :thumbup:

Big builds are always impressive. Well-executed builds are also impressive. When a build is both, like this one, it's more than twice as impressive! Fantastic!

WOW! It look gorgeous! Great detail level, with a lot to look at!

I wonder how you moved it. I believe you made it modular, but i also believe it is fragile enough.

Congratulations once more!

OMFG !

That's stunning ! The size the details, the shape. The whole of the build.

I will be looking at this for hours and hours to come !

Very well done ! :thumbup:

You know what is best about this for me? Not only is it a really awesomely detailed minifig sized ship... But you have a Celica GT4 too... :wub: :wub: :tongue:

You know what is best about this for me? Not only is it a really awesomely detailed minifig sized ship... But you have a Celica GT4 too... :wub: :wub: :tongue:

thanks for that i made sure it would be in view at the time,was featured on ITV this morning tv show last year in the UK

Superb craftmanship aside, I've always thought the Iowas were incredibly ugly capitals. Someone needs to do a Repulse, Renown, Lutzow (WWI) or Warspite.

Superb craftmanship aside, I've always thought the Iowas were incredibly ugly capitals. Someone needs to do a Repulse, Renown, Lutzow (WWI) or Warspite.

how about an Arizona or a Fuso

how about an Arizona or a Fuso

Meh. Fusos were kind of gangly... looked alright. Arizona was a very fine looking ship - personally not my style, but excellent nonetheless. I just don't like how utilitarian the later American BBs got... especially when the Italians did this with essentially the same turret arrangement:

Italian_battleship_Roma_(1940)_starboard_bow_view.jpg

Looks awesome!! I seen it in the local papers (the mail I think it was) fantastic detailing on it. Your from the Arbroath area are you not?

Absolutely awesome.

But this must have cost a fortune ... or is there a way to get bricks cheaper when you are buying them in the tenthousands or more?

This is truly an amazing piece of work! It is just a bit too big to pop in the boot and haul off to a show though, isn't it? :) Indeed you are a master, sir.

Meh. Fusos were kind of gangly... looked alright. Arizona was a very fine looking ship - personally not my style, but excellent nonetheless. I just don't like how utilitarian the later American BBs got... especially when the Italians did this with essentially the same turret arrangement:

Italian_battleship_Roma_(1940)_starboard_bow_view.jpg

i think at the time that was the best arrangement for weight armour etc,have to say i was not keen on the IOWA class until i started building this then it seems to grow on you,nicest sleekest Battleship has to be the Yamato which hopefully when my next MOC is done i will start on that,interesting to see a Yamato and an Iowa dide by side in minifig and the Saratoga(half built) inbetween.Japanese WW2 ships are quite interesting in how they had to improvise with what they had,I have a 18ft Fuso which i will post also a 17ft Takao.

Wow, just wow! *oh2* It is the ship you dream of as a child after a visit to the navy days! Again not just the scale is impressive, but also the amount of detail you have accomplished. The ship looks spot on. The ''classic'' building technique is nice and I really like the brick build ship number on the bow. The tug boats are just the icing, heck, most of us would be happy to just build a tug boat. :head_back: Really impressive! :thumbup:

I do wonder how you made the anchor chains, can you perhaps elaborate on those?

the anchor chains are non lego parts,i tried making some but to no avail,the lego chains are too small for this so improvisation was called for

DSC04369_zpseiw2jufj.jpg

you can just see them in this pic,as you can see the Arizona which brought the USA into WW2 so only fitting to build the Missouri which brought WW2 to an end with the Japanese surrender

the anchor chains are non lego parts,i tried making some but to no avail,the lego chains are too small for this so improvisation was called for

you can just see them in this pic,as you can see the Arizona which brought the USA into WW2 so only fitting to build the Missouri which brought WW2 to an end with the Japanese surrender

Do I also see a Japanese aircraft carrier with zeros on the flight deck ?!?! :thumbup: