anothergol

The best of the worst Lego Ideas

Yes this new 60 day filter will keep the half-hearted troll kiddie projects from lasting that long. Sure they will be archived, but they won't waste space when searching for good projects.

Although this thread is about to get a lot more quite I am willing to bet!

As long as the crap projects continue to make it past their moderators based on some nebulous and negligible standard of quality, this thread will be active enough. The projects won't last as long, but we still have 60 days to notice them and post them here.

And when your project expires you can re-submit it anyway! Perpetually below 100 supporters!

Crap projects won't be archived, but who does searches in the archive anyway? Newcomers do search a little, but afterwards they just check out what's new from time to time.

This Project here (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/147876) is the best example of the Best and Worst of LEGO Ideas has to offer. First off Its terrible becasue Is bigoted against the Men of NASA. What the LEGO Project should be is "The People Of NASA". In fact LEGO should just make Wernher Von Braun Mini Figure along With a Lego Saturn V(5) model and a Lego Moon model and it should have a Dedicated Plaque that Reads "One Man's Vision Introduced the rest of Humanity to the Moon. He was the Sole Key for success and with out Wernher Von Braun there would be no NASA and there would be no Moon Landing." All in all I'm 100% Sure that all these Women that have played critical roles in the U.S. space program owe their contributions to the one Man that introduced us to the Moon. In fact If you think about it Wernher Von Braun is the Key that open the door to the moon break that key will the door be open again. See all you got to do is Imagine a world where Wernher Von Braun was still remembered and his achievement's were still valued and then you start to get the picture why he is forgotten in history and why the Divers People of NASA just cant reach his level of expertise... But Dont worry NASA Ahmed the phony clock boy will save you .

Edited by Boxerlego

This Project here (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/147876) is the best example of the Best and Worst of LEGO Ideas has to offer. First off Its terrible becasue Is bigoted against the Men of NASA. What the LEGO Project should be is "The People Of NASA". In fact LEGO should just make Wernher Von Braun Mini Figure along With a Lego Saturn V(5) model and a Lego Moon model and it should have a Dedicated Plaque that Reads "One Man's Vision Introduced the rest of Humanity to the Moon. He was the the Sole Key for success and with out Wernher Von Braun there would be no NASA and there would be no Moon Landing." All in all I'm 100% Sure that all these Women that have played critical roles in the U.S. space program owe their contributions to the one Man that introduced us to the Moon.

That is stupid and ridiculous. The "Women of Nasa" project is designed to introduce people who are only familiar with the men in the history books (to a few of the many women who played critical roles in the history of space exploration. There's nothing "bigoted" about focusing a design on a certain demographic, especially when that demographic is often overlooked or sidelined in discussion of the history of space exploration.

And insisting that Wernher Von Braun be included just because he paved the way for what came later is ridiculous—obviously a great many people's discoveries paved the way for modern astronauts, from Galileo to Newton to Einstein, but that's hardly reason to take a project focused specifically on major female figures in NASA's history and shift the focus of the project to a single man.

That is stupid and ridiculous. The "Women of Nasa" project is designed to introduce people who are only familiar with the men in the history books (to a few of the many women who played critical roles in the history of space exploration. There's nothing "bigoted" about focusing a design on a certain demographic, especially when that demographic is often overlooked or sidelined in discussion of the history of space exploration.

And insisting that Wernher Von Braun be included just because he paved the way for what came later is ridiculous—obviously a great many people's discoveries paved the way for modern astronauts, from Galileo to Newton to Einstein, but that's hardly reason to take a project focused specifically on major female figures in NASA's history and shift the focus of the project to a single man.

Everything I said is Correct, But this is about Equality and what better way to Promote the "People of NASA" then a War Torn Refuge Migrant Rocket Scientist Like Wernher Von Braun. But I get it the shoe does not fit on the other foot for you.

This is a set every body needs

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/153623

this cant be under the piece limit can it? its a good build but not right for ideas

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/153281

This is such a meta idea project

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/152919

Do i need to say anything

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/152486

Everything I said is Correct, But this is about Equality and what better way to Promote the "People of NASA" then a War Torn Refuge Migrant Rocket Scientist Like Wernher Von Braun. But I get it the shoe does not fit on the other foot for you.

They've already approved an Apollo 11 Saturn V project; that will most likely give us minifigures of certain men of NASA before this project gives us anyone. Moreover, the point of this project isn't so much about excluding men; it's just about including women, who make up just as much of the population as men (actually slightly more, in fact), yet who are vastly underrepresented in LEGO sets compared to men.

In fact, if we narrow it down from all minifigures ever (which of course includes fantasy beings, robots, aliens, etc.) and focus on just minifigures of real-life people, there are still literally dozens of minifigures of real-world, historical men, but only one of a woman. How would adding five more real-world women to that constitute some sort of unfair treatment of men, who'd still outnumber women in minifigures produced of real people by something like five or six or more to one?

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Not to mention that if TLG don't like making fictional Nazis, there's no way they'd make a real Nazi.

It's a pretty cool MOC I saw in my flickr feed this morning - it's pretty well presented but not my cup of tea. Just because you don't like a project doesn't mean it's bad.