Just a bit of an introduction before I start.

I'm pretty used to building small-scaled MOCs, nothing using the TECHNIC building system. I've got a couple of the sets, but that's pretty much it.

This is my first TECHNIC MOC.

MERCURY features a 4-speed transmission based on one of Sariel's designs, independent front and rear suspension, HOG steering with linked steering wheel, and shock-absorber assisted doors and rear engine cover. The spoiler is operated by a small switch on either side of the car, and can be moved up and down. The car itself is mid-engined with a working V8.

Car1_zpselmlmipi.jpg

Car6_zpsvfy6xcxz.jpg

Car3_zpsesf5m0ry.jpg

Car4_zpsewrdtdj6.jpg

Car8_zps4pomri2z.jpg

Car9_zpsv2ufjlzx.jpg

Car12_zpsjoftcsa6.jpg

Car2_zpssr835pqy.jpg

Please give me some feedback if you can, I'm trying to expand my horizons with TECHNIC, as it's very different from what I'm used to.

Great job, I like it.

Thanks!

Nice supercar, maybe it's me , but it looks a bit wide

I agree it is a little wide, I followed the width of the 24 Hour Race Car as a guideline.

This is a very good first try. The proportions are quite good I think. And you were able to pack a lot of functions in a small package.

Areas for improvement:

- The whole design is a bit squarish. Especially the roof is almost rectangular. Adding some more angles to the design will make it flow more

- The front wheel arches are a little rough. Making them go half round with 19L flexaxles will connect the round wheel better to the bodywork (and our brain will fill the gaps between the flexaxle and the bodywork)

- The area above the rearwheels is very cluttered. I see at least three horizontal lines on top of each other (partly due to the use of the old panels)

- The spring on the door is connected to a 3L pin with bush that is braced on only one side. It can be braced very easily on both sides. This will give less stress in the pieces

Parts I like:

- The front grille

- The rear wheel arches

- The brutal look of the first photo

- The many functions

So, really, a very good first try. :thumbup:

This is a very good first try. The proportions are quite good I think. And you were able to pack a lot of functions in a small package.

Areas for improvement:

- The whole design is a bit squarish. Especially the roof is almost rectangular. Adding some more angles to the design will make it flow more

- The front wheel arches are a little rough. Making them go half round with 19L flexaxles will connect the round wheel better to the bodywork (and our brain will fill the gaps between the flexaxle and the bodywork)

- The area above the rearwheels is very cluttered. I see at least three horizontal lines on top of each other (partly due to the use of the old panels)

- The spring on the door is connected to a 3L pin with bush that is braced on only one side. It can be braced very easily on both sides. This will give less stress in the pieces

Parts I like:

- The front grille

- The rear wheel arches

- The brutal look of the first photo

- The many functions

So, really, a very good first try. :thumbup:

Thanks so much for the advice.

As others said: good first try! You asked for critics, so here they come :grin: .The proportions are not perfect, if you want to know how to do better, just try to scale down some real car from blueprints. I would try to avoid to cover big areas with system parts / plates, better try to use as many panels as possible. I also use them often, but only decently to smooth some edges.

The front view is cool and I hope you enjoy the car :wink: .