Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Review: 3831 Spongebob - Sandy's Rocket

I just picked up Sandy's Rocket at the Chicago LEGO store on Michigan Ave. I will have a review up some time in the next eight hours...sorry :-$ Update: Here is the review.

parts_01.jpg

Stay tuned...in the mean time, here is a pic of the figs...

parts_05.jpg 4919763112_42f25688e5_m.jpg

The helmet is two pieces that snap around the Sandy head mold. I will take detailed pictures and fit it on other minifigures, yes... :-D no worries there. See you all soon! X-D Update: And I did too! X-D

parts_13.jpg

Holy Crud! Luckz devil... not that i was planing to get it...

Note to self = Move to chicago

Stauder

That helmet looks quite good. Though I wonder if it would look too big on a normal head. Sponge-Bob looks really off, like he's grown arms out of his head. I guess that's because they had to lower his face to fit the space-suit on him...

What's the price? Is that nose cone a new piece?

Steve

Great MFs, and these torsos...., hmm, a new and comical Space Police on! *y*

So much did the bribe cost you Hinckley! :-P

Anticipating the review!

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush! >:-)

Whoah! Those figs are cool! I just wish they were more show accurate though. Patricks face looks really small and wierd. |-/ I smell a sig-fig variation... ;-)

Darn you Hinckley! :-P I want to get that rocket very much, how much money was it?

I don't like Sandy's helmet that much, it's too big 8-|

;-)

Darn you americans and your fancy lego stores X-D dont even have one in the country *sad*

anyway thanks for the pics, i am looking foreword to the reveiw! *y*

Darn you americans and your fancy lego stores X-D dont even have one in the country *sad*

anyway thanks for the pics, i am looking foreword to the reveiw! *y*

Haven't you already complained about this before Hollisbrick? Easy sloution, just move to U.S.A. ( Virginia particularily ) ;-)

I'm still waiting for this review Hinckley!

X-D

Keeping an eye on me are ya? Btw i just noticed that the main forums look really nice, good job hinck! *y*

Sorta, we had this discussion somewhere else on EB, I just can't remember where! X-D

I agree with you, good job making these forums look nice, and all you other Graphist admins!

X-D

Edited by Exo-builder59

You know what? Your title should be :"Obtainer of rare antiquities"

:-P .

I'm quite interested in what new pieces are in this set.

You know what? Your title should be :"Obtainer of rare antiquities"

:-P .

I'm quite interested in what new pieces are in this set.

lol or maybe very very lucky! or mayby even skilled, who knows, it might take some skill to buy these sets before release date! 8-

This is the only SB set I can see myself getting...that cartoony rocket is too hard to resist. Can't wait for the review. I will, of course...

:'-( why, lego, why?

have you really sunk this low?

jifel

I'm all for humor, but can we be a little more constructive? What is it you don't like here? The release date, the packagin, the set? Perhaps you were too busy crying to be more thorough. I hope you are okay... :-P

By the way, patient laddies, I'm starting the review now... X-D

*11 hours later*
What are you? A clock? Oh, right. You are...sorry. :-$ Give me one more hour please, sir. *sweet*

One hour and not a second after it! Just kidding, take your time! And you're so lucky.....Why we never get sets first?!

geez guys dont hastle him because he is a bit late, he dosnt even have to do this reveiw if he didnt want to so be appreciative *y* anyway, the slower he does it the beter reveiw it will be *y* *sweet*

geez guys dont hastle him because he is a bit late, he dosnt even have to do this reveiw if he didnt want to so be appreciative *y* anyway, the slower he does it the beter reveiw it will be *y* *sweet*

thanks! Hollis to the brick, man. X-D

I updated the first post with a link to the review. Enjoy...

Wow nice set, this set looks much better than i expected. The sandy fig is great and i love the fact you can remove her helmet *wub*

The only thing that lets this set down is all those bloody stickers!!! Come on lego get rid of that sticker crap >:-(

Thanks for this review, Hinckley (as always X-D )

I must start saying that I really don't like SpongeBob :-X , and I can't understand why LEGO decided to buy this license |-/

Anyway, this set may have a chance with me, since it seems to be packed with useful pieces I cpould use elsewhere (burying the minifigs somewhere >:-) ).

The cristal ball is nice to me, and I'm glad the spoils are brick-built, and not huge useless molds *y*

All in all, 8/10 for the set; but 2 or 3/10 for the MFs :-D

LuxorV