Lox Lego

[MOC] XL Lego Supercar with Motorized Suicide Lambo Doors

Due to the XL size of this car the placement of larger panels across the width of the car was possible. This really gave the vehicle a unique styling. I was able to use the large red panels for the interior and the black panels at the bottom rear of the car. Inside are 2 XL motors for drive, servo for steering, and 1 m-motor for the motorized suicide doors. The weight was so excessive on the shocks I had to put an extra strong shock on each axle bringing the total to 12 shocks. Still, the frame barely misses the ground. Framework was completed 100% from scratch, with a fake inline 6 engine. Check it out!

26147039782_bf7a28204a_b.jpg

25634752494_8612bd846b_b.jpg

26147051792_c033e8de8a_b.jpg

25634735654_a9c16b660e_b.jpg

Brickshelf link: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=563502

26173240231_b3a3900c32_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/gp/139930963@N04/0dHU77

Edited by Lox Lego

This is definitely your best yet! That front is gorgeous, the curves are amazing. This will definitely motivate myself to finish my own car

Wow, this car looks fantastic and functions really well. Great job.

This car looks great! But I have to be honest, not sure I can see it all that well. I think you used some sort of filter on the photos, that while give the photos perhaps an artsy feel, I can't really see your model all that well. The video helps a little but not a lot b/c the model is always moving. I suggest removing whatever filter you used, or if none, just better pictures. Your model is great.... show it off! No need for any filters or anything in the photos......

This car looks great! But I have to be honest, not sure I can see it all that well. I think you used some sort of filter on the photos, that while give the photos perhaps an artsy feel, I can't really see your model all that well. The video helps a little but not a lot b/c the model is always moving. I suggest removing whatever filter you used, or if none, just better pictures. Your model is great.... show it off! No need for any filters or anything in the photos......

Thanks for the comment. I like filtered photos too but I agree, original photos show the build a bit better. I have attached non-filter photos below &

Some more details about the build:

Size: 36 studs wide x 64 studs long x 16 studs high

4WD with optional Rear wheel drive

Weight: 6 pounds or 2.7 KG

26175014891_e47862acdb_b.jpg

26175011281_0e7940af53_b.jpg

26148849602_648e21d4db_b.jpg

26215381426_f9c6537595_b.jpg

26241222665_f2164e3607_b.jpg

26241225225_5d79cf8266_b.jpg

26215291606_8294bdd00a_b.jpg

26214099066_117aa669f4_b.jpg

26147608822_31934b49a8_b.jpg

More clips at http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=563502

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139930963@N04/with/26147608822/

Edited by Lox Lego

Nice suspension, cool drive train, and those doors are just incredible :thumbup: I like it very much, excellent work!

Looks nice. You would need less number of shock absorbers if you'd place them in more vertical position.

I totally agree with Nerdsforprez. Filters on photos are annoying, unless they are hardly noticeable. So I'm glad you included the filterless pictures!

Please be aware that your pictures exceed the maximum width of 1024 pixels.

Can you change this? Either upload smaller versions to Brickshelf, or use Bricksafe or Flickr, so you can upload big versions and embed smaller versions.

Enough negative comments....fantastic work on the car!! The bodywork looks really nice. Why did you use 3 springs per wheel? Seems like a lot.

I'm not sure the term suicide doors applies to these doors, but they are very sweet! :thumbup:

I'm not sure the term suicide doors applies to these doors, but they are very sweet! :thumbup:

Scissicide? or Suicissors?

I totally agree with Nerdsforprez. Filters on photos are annoying, unless they are hardly noticeable. So I'm glad you included the filterless pictures!

Please be aware that your pictures exceed the maximum width of 1024 pixels.

Can you change this? Either upload smaller versions to Brickshelf, or use Bricksafe or Flickr, so you can upload big versions and embed smaller versions.

Enough negative comments....fantastic work on the car!! The bodywork looks really nice. Why did you use 3 springs per wheel? Seems like a lot.

Jim, after work today I will get a flickr account, re-upload and re-post.

I wanted to try something different with these doors, and I believe

its kind of original. They are too fun to play with, my 3 yr old son agrees :classic:

Scissicide? or Suicissors?

Erelender, nice one! I will have to ask you next time before I post

for the proper terminology. Suicissors sounds awesome :wink:

Jim, after work today I will get a flickr account, re-upload and re-post.

Thanks!!

I wanted to try something different with these doors, and I believe its kind of original.

Definitely. I like them a lot.

Suicissors sounds awesome :wink:

Indeed :sweet:

Meatman, yes they were all necessary. Because I had extended the arms by 4 stud widths, the car just sat on the ground.

The 36 studs wide means the leverage of the weight is accentuated quite a lot for a 2.7 KG car. The only way this car would

drive was to add the 4X 9398 crawler shocks, front and back. If I had made the frame wider at the differential and made

shorter arms, this would have worked with 2 shocks per wheel. The angle of the rear shocks could have been more vertical,

which may have worked.

Back to the drawing board :laugh:

I prob. won't do a car so huge in the future, so many head aches with a car of this size! :sceptic:

26148903582_8b31db5399_b.jpg

Edited by Lox Lego