Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Snowmobile

indexed.gif V-LV-1C

While Copmike and Ras 74 were in town, we built this snowmobile for the next issue of my comic. It started as a simple question and it ended up as a MOC that all three of us contributed to which I think is pretty cool. Feel free to let me/us know what you think of it!

snowmobile_01.jpg

snowmobile_02.jpg

snowmobile_03.jpg

snowmobile_04.jpg

snowmobile_05.jpg

snowmobile_06.jpg

snowmobile_07.jpg

Enjoy! :-)

My first impression: very cool! But I'm not so hot on the use of chainsaws as treads. The front is very cool however, and looks like someone got splattered all over it. :-P :-D :-D

Very Cool Moc! Nice fiddly bit's n bobs!

5/5!

I guess 3 heads are better than 1... :-P

Stauder

Wow, this is GREAT *y* *y* *wub* *y*

It's a really big improvement with respect to the last I saw from LEGO (1730 and 6577)

I *wub* how the skis and the tracks are articulated to the main body. The pattern of the frontal cover adds a lot, too. And everytime I look at it, I see a little bit more of its design that makes me think "It's the work of a genius!", with that clever use of the trike main body as core of the mobile.

Just one con: Hinckley must have a really bad backache when he jumps down that saddle X-D ;-)

Great job you 3 *y* *y* *y* (one thumb up each).

Can't wait to see it in action :-D

LuxorV

My first impression: very cool! But I'm not so hot on the use of chainsaws as treads. The front is very cool however, and looks like someone got splattered all over it. :-P :-D :-D
We tried several different things with real treads or tires, but in the end did a BS search and came up with the chainsaw solution after seeing some "inspiration" on Brickshelf.
... with that clever use of the trike main body as core of the mobile.

Just one con: Hinckley must have a really bad backache when he jumps down that saddle X-D ;-)

Great job you 3 *y* *y* *y* (one thumb up each).

Another confession would be that the trike body as core was slightly based off a guy on Brickshelf who builde Star Wars speeder bikes that way. :-$ I can't remember his name but Ras will know. I don't want to take credit for the "genius" without citing the inspiration we used from other builders...

I agree about the position of the rider, I wish there was something we could do about that. We tried a couple different things, but this was the best solution for the way we have everything else configured...

Thanks for the feedback guys!! *wub*

That's Awesome! :-D And appropriate for a day like today. Overnight we got like a foot of snow and my school is closed!

DP8

DP8 is totally right. It's perfect for a day like today in eastern Iowa...

(We got an ice storm last week, and it's upposed to snow 3 inches....ouch)

I like the graphiced (is that a word?) piece in the front and the chainsaws. I don't like how he's ebracing his snowmobile (But, yo said yoou can't help it, oh well)

And I don't like how ill prepared and un-bundled-up you are for winter. :P

Looks cool Marcos! The 3 of you used a big variety of a lot of different pieces. I wouldn't have even thought about some I think. Very clever.

Complex but simple.. and yet striking!

I wouldn't want to ride it though.. Can't do that to my back. X-D

A very smart and beautiful front section and a very good idea to use these chain saws! :'-)

Although I guess I would favor a more conservative riding position for the driver, perhaps

by stretching the handle bars one stud to the back.... 8-|

I love the use of chain saws too--nice proportions, looks like snowmobiles I've used up by Yellowstone with friends. And it's snowing here today too! Go snowmobile!

I disagree with Iamded, I love the use of chainsaws as treads! *wub*

It's an overall nice looking snowmobile!

*sweet*

I think that MOC is simply awesome. It has captured both the look and feel of a snowmobile, and there is no mistaking it for something else. Love it. Simply love it, except maybe that it looks a bit fragile.

Nice machine, blows away my sig's little classic one. Nice use of parts like the chainsaw blades and the trike body. My sigs scooter is obviously mixed of 1730 and 6577, not this very realistic rendition, like your scooter. Thumbs up and

Altough it's rather warm here at the moment: Winter ON! *y*

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi

Nice...very nice!

One problem: the windscreen! Why is it a thick, low solid part? Couldn't a 1x2 clear panel or even 2 1x1 clear slopes sufficed? It seems a little pointless... :'-)

King

Edited by SlyOwl

So it took three grown EB members to come up with...... a small snowmobile..... :-/ :-D

Just joking, it's brilliant! Using that trike piece, attaching ski's to the axles, the front, the proportions, just great!

No snow here, haven't had a proper white country for years :-(

Overall I think it looks cool, and I think it will make a great "prop". Any reason why you didn't go for one of these...

4865.png

...for the windscreen? That way you could move the handle bars forward one stud and save yourself some doctor bills... Very smart usage of the printed piece.

Well, this says it all for me! Great overall design, not so sure about the chainsaws. Still, it's very cool! *y*

Overall I think it looks cool, and I think it will make a great "prop". Any reason why you didn't go for one of these...

4865.png

...for the windscreen? That way you could move the handle bars forward one stud and save yourself some doctor bills... Very smart usage of the printed piece.

Two reasons. Aerodynamics or swooshability. The rounded piece looks tons better, IMO. And there are no studs on the curved printed piece so moving it forward is not an option. Currently the 2 x 2 windshield is hanging over the curved piece and only attached to the two studs on the "back" of the bike.

See? :-$

snowmobile_08.jpg

I really *wub* the look of the MOC. I think it is VERY COOOOOL!! A very good likeness of a snowmobile.

Model On!!

And there are no studs on the curved printed piece so moving it forward is not an option.

Ooops. :-$ I had a quick glance at the set prior to making that comment just to "confirm" I was right.... 8-| Sorry. Feel free to beat me up.

Ooops. :-$ I had a quick glance at the set prior to making that comment just to "confirm" I was right.... 8-| Sorry. Feel free to beat me up.
Hooray! *wub* My favorite past time. Perhaps I'll do it in that Town twinning thread you keep ignoring... |-/