just2good

Disney Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Discussion

Browsing the UK Lego website last week I noticed that the Disney minifigs now say 'retired product' .. seems like a very short release time T_T 

Targets and even Walmarts near me (which is uncommon for them) have a Disney box. Five Below had a Disney Box and Target received a ton of Disney and Series 16 last week.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:41 PM, Vorkosigan said:

When I said re-release I'm referring to the frequent rumor that S16 was pushed out early so the Disney series could be brought back after the release of the Disney castle. Several people on this page of the thread are talking about it and it appears to have happened to some degree based on several sightings. I know 3rd party resellers and small shops raise the prices for discontinued items all the time, but its fairly uncommon in big box retail stores that care mostly about having items on the shelves that turn over quickly. So I'm just curious if others saw the 4.50 price because it could indicate a trend for future CMF series. 

They are the standard $3.99 price everywhere that I have seen them. I've actually tracked down over 10 stores in my area that have/ had them again. Could just be that retailer you saw them at. 

I posted this on the Batman minifigures page .. but then thought the Disney fans amongst us might appreciate it too.

When I first saw the Fairy Batman figure I suddenly thought 'a great costume for Minnie' .. the only things were that the skirt piece and the wings made her seem too tall ^_^ 

IMG_9951.png

Edited by Jarreth2

4 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

I posted this on the Batman minifigures page .. but then thought the Disney fans amongst us might appreciate it too.

When I first saw the Fairy Batman figure I suddenly thought 'a great costume for Minnie' .. the only things were that the skirt piece and the wings made her seem too tall ^_^ 

Ha it looks funny

Could you post a picture of it next to a regular minifigure to compare the height

Thanks Julesvincent for helping out .. apologies Robert8 I'm not at home at the moment .. otherwise I'd have got a pic up for you 

Just now, rkastar said:

I believe the second wave will come at Late 2017 and include Beauty and the Beast. :sweet:

Wait... Are you guessing? Or....

12 minutes ago, rkastar said:

Just guessing lol :tongue:

Ah ok ok :classic:

Series 17 and Ninjago Movie series are next , but maybe Disney will return next year. Who knows...

I hope that the Disney Series returns next year. There are still some characters (Goofy, Dopey, Pinocchio, to name a few) that I'd like to see in minifigure form.

Current word-on-the-street is that Disney CMF Series 2 has been scrapped. It's pretty disappointing.

4 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Current word-on-the-street is that Disney CMF Series 2 has been scrapped. It's pretty disappointing.

Very disappointing. I wonder what could be the cause? It seemed to be really popular and both Disney and Lego love making money.

Unless they're considering a fully-fledged "Disney" theme with mini figures and builds? But, surely they'd be worried about competition / confusion with the Disney Princess line which seems to sell very well?

4 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Really?

I'm not going to say that I'm happy........ but I'm not going to say that I'm not :purrr:

Hope this means there will be 2 regular CMFs next year :wub:

Edited by Robert8

Hopefully it has just been pushed back as opposed to scrapped. I need a lego goofy! He got overlooked in Disney Infinity, would hate to see him left out again. Looking at the existing minifigs, only Maleficent doesnt have a "partner" so we need either Sleeping Beauty or one of the Good Fairies.

1 hour ago, sunhuntin said:

Looking at the existing minifigs, only Maleficent doesnt have a "partner" so we need either Sleeping Beauty or one of the Good Fairies.

Stitch doesn't have a partner either :sad:

7 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

When you say "on the street" you mean someone close to retail and not insider info from here at EB, right?

13 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Stitch doesn't have a partner either :sad:

Of course. Missed him, sorry, lol. Hopefully we get Lilo as well.

17 hours ago, makoy said:

When you say "on the street" you mean someone close to retail and not insider info from here at EB, right?

No, it's been mentioned on EB. Or at least referenced. The "street" is definitely the internet.

There's no evidence to back up that a future line has been cancelled. I think considering the castle has won toy of the year, I really don't think Lego will scrap anything Disney-related as it is a good money spinner.

13 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

There's no evidence to back up that a future line has been cancelled. I think considering the castle has won toy of the year, I really don't think Lego will scrap anything Disney-related as it is a good money spinner.

I really hope they do more with these!  I'm a huge fan of both Lego and Disney so would love to see these continue.

Just now, legofanbubba said:

I really hope they do more with these!  I'm a huge fan of both Lego and Disney so would love to see these continue.

Same.

There's no way Lego will let this go though; the castle has been massively popular and I'd say the CMF series have probably sold better than the Princess sets by far.