I'm pretty slow builder, but I've been busy several months now building this two models at the same time. Used to be a huge fan of Peugeot for many years and upon my research I found there are not so much of Peugeots build in LEGO! Especially, knowing how everyone like B-group rally cars. So decision was made to build the Peugeot I like the most - 205 Turbo 16 (T16).

White model is Rally version (so called Evolution, not the initial version). Yellow model was used in Pikes Peaks, which uses some extra huge spoilers. Both models were built featuring as much as possible details you can do in Technic, without utilising any PF.

The main features to mention:

"Brick built" 4 cylinder in-line engine.

double wishbone suspension on all wheels

4 wheel drive with central differential

No differentials on each axle (thanks to Thirdwig for idea I found in your Audi)

Opening hood, doors (lockable) and engine cover

Switching from tarmac/asphalt setup to gravel is quite easy - you just need to use different attachment point for spring on a wishbone. Gravel-ready version is 2 studs higher with 62.4 wheels.

25491333124_f72ba7cd95_o.jpg

25491330894_0bb5ec0d4b_o.jpg

25493491073_15d4c6a0c4_o.jpg

Rally model features spare wheel under the hood and fuel filling places. First challenge was to built a hood of brick instead of liftarms so it could close while keeping the wheel inside. Other "brick" based challenge was the front and back with grills and lights. This was nightmare!

26070154026_011488f147_o.jpg

Engine bay includes engine (how obvious!), exhaust system with turbo, intercooler and air filter.

26029754121_64142dd475_o.jpg

"Most important picture" not that important. All shafts are hidden inside the body, as in real car.

26003571852_d3f270a801_o.jpg

The part I'm mostly proud of. It is a free form (in terms of Technic) but still sturdy enough to keep its form while operating an keeping removed from body. Oh, and I love that HUGE spoiler.

26096096885_2f0df3a463_o.jpg

Full roll cage is present as well. Pikes Peak version is one-sitter, while rally version has two seats.

26070154576_899e866dc7_o.jpg

This tiny half pin keeps the door closed!

26096097315_812a149e5e_o.jpg

More pictures on Flickr.

I'm looking further to create a Dakar version too! not sure if white or yellow one thou. Stickers and building instructions for one of the models is something still in consideration.

Hope you like it too!

I really like them, very good job modelling them :thumbup:

i like the pikes peak version the most, for that huge rear wing

Interesting use of those (tan/white) Bionicle parts in the back :classic:
Agree, they look like they've been designed for this purpose.

As Peugeot fanboy and former owner of a Peugeot 205 XRi and a Peugeot 205 Multivan, I have only one thing to say: These cars are more than just approved, they are fenomonale !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great work, I would like to see a 405 Dakar, is the version I remember most.

Totally agree jorgeopesi, and not forgetting the 205 T16 Dakar and 405 Pikes Peak versions.

And than comes the replacement from the PSA Group in the form of Citroën ZX Grand Raid (Dakar only).

dakar-96-zx.jpg

Edited by Chr.Maglekaer

Wow, this one is very cool, I really like how you made the tubular chassis

The wheels you used on the yellow one are the same as the Nitro Menace has, no?

:)

Edited by LXF

Great work, I would like to see a 405 Dakar, is the version I remember most.
Totally agree jorgeopesi, and not forgetting the 205 T16 Dakar and 405 Pikes Peak versions.

I haven't checked dimensions yet, but from the pictures I've seen it could really be that 405 Turbo 16 is based on prolonged 205 version used for Dakar. That is something I consider building as well. 405 Pikes Peak version would look great as well, with all those spoilers. However it has cool 4 wheel steering that would be wise to implement but I can't think of how to do design it yet.

As Peugeot fanboy and former owner of a Peugeot 205 XRi and a Peugeot 205 Multivan
Reworking wide front fenders and the back side of the MOC would possibly result in standard 205 version :classic:
The wheels you used on the yellow one are the same as the Nitro Menace has, no?

I've used 56 x 28 ZR tyres, which are smaller than used in Nitro Menace 68.8 x 36 ZR

Edited by zux

As others said, this two are simply amazing and extremelly realistic looking. Nice use of studless and studded parts to get the shapes right. Any chance of motorizing them?

Very, very cool :thumbup: Pikes Peak version is amazing eye candy, I just love it :classic: Big rear wing and hole back end is such a masterpiece, and yellow-blue color combination is very nice :thumbup: Excellent job!

Any chance of motorizing them?
These were built without PF intentionally. I would love to keep them built for extended time, so burying PF stuff wasn't desired. On the other note, I think it would be possible to motorise the model, but you'd have to sacrifice some features.

Great presentation of some truly wonderful cars. I would love to see some pictures of them on some forest roads!

tim