Scouty

Carribean Clipper vs the Imperial Flagship

Carribean Clipper Vs. Imperial Flagship  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• The Almighty Caribbean Clipper!
    • The Fearsome Imperial Flagship!

My vote goes to the Imperial Flagship. although the figures are better in the Clipper, as far as ship design goes I think the Flagship is the nicer of the two. While it's not as wide, it just looks sturdier. But they are both nice ships, it's a pity we never got a really big ship for either group I think

I was suspecting that the Carribean Clipper would pulverize the Imperial Flagship...I guess not X-D .

Never underestimate the power of the Imperial Guards. Fight back soldiers! FIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT BAAAAACK!!!

The imperial flagship I think was just plain better. It was more detailed, less bulky and spiffy too. It also had a mechanism to turn the rudder, which was cool. I thought that was pretty cool. Dont get me wrong the Clipper is great too, and it was amazing for it's time.

Never underestimate the power of the Imperial Guards. Fight back soldiers! FIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT BAAAAACK!!!

Well, I've seen the Clipper do better elsewhere...

Pe *wub* ace treaty? I like the Imperial Guards just as much as the soldiers!!! *wub*

Well, I've seen the Clipper do better elsewhere...

Pe *wub* ace treaty? I like the Imperial Guards just as much as the soldiers!!! *wub*

Peace is boring though! ;-) FIGHT!!!

I'll make an alliance with the Guards and fight you, does that sound fun? :-P

The Caribbean Clipper has to be it! The sails on the other looks ridiculous and childish.

Any respectable admiral wouldn't be seen dead in sails painted with cannons!

I voted for the Imperial Flagship. I find it simply looks better. And I like the Imperial Flagship's sails! Tar and feather me now if you want! ;-)

The Carribean Clipper has a second mast in its back section, but there's no sail fixed on it. What's the use of a mast without a sail?

I voted for the Imperial Flagship. I find it simply looks better. And I like the Imperial Flagship's sails! Tar and feather me now if you want! ;-)

The Carribean Clipper has a second mast in its back section, but there's no sail fixed on it. What's the use of a mast without a sail?

I'm boiling the tar now :)) Maybe the sail is not needed due to high winds... ;)

The Imperial Flagship gets my vote. It is my all time favorite set. It is also my first ever Lego pirate theme set and holds much responsibility in my being here. I own both and figured the CC would dominate this pole.

Edited by dukeschunke

I voted the Caribbean Clipper!

I like it, its nice and simple ship. The Imperial Flagship doesnt have a good cabin or structure.

Have you ever noticed looking at the Caribbean Clipper, the troops Tricornes make there heads look Tiny?

Although I like the Imperial Soldiers (blue) better than the Imperial Guards (red), I think that the Imperial Flagship is better as it has a much more realistic appearence. I mean, what ship has the shrouds at the back of the mast? The sails on the Caribbean Clipper are cooler though. Makes a firring rival for the mighty Black Seas Barracuda!

Regards, Captain Zuloo :-D

I own neither of them (I hope I can find one of them to buy sometime), but from what I've seen on pictures the Imperial Flagship is a lot better.

The sleeker hull makes for a better proportioned ship, it has Imperial guards, which I like more than the Imperial soldiers, and the Clipper seems a bit empty.

And of course the Flagship has some great sails and a compass, so my vote goes to the Imperial Flagship.

I have a good memory with the clipper, it was the first set I EVER got of pirates when I was in single digits, but as for overall design I voted for the flagship. I love how they have an able-body crewman besides the soldier and officers.

I would haveto go with the Caribbean Clipper. It could be nostalgia (she was my first Pirate ship) but I thought (and still think) she id a superior ship. Her closed cabin is a huge part of that. It adds dimension to the ship and makes it more comforting for the crew. Now the real test would be of each ships sailing capabilities. I think the Clipper looks heavier, but she might be faster. The U.S.S. Constitution was heavier than most of the British heavy frigates at the end of the War of 1812, but could outsail the British ships of the same class.

I think the flagship would be faster. The hull of the clipper is wider. I think the flagship is also better looking because of that. The clipper is too short for it's width. And I agree with HMS243 about the able crewman. However, the clipper can fit four guns if you have two extra, there is no room to o that with the flagship. But the flagship gets my vote.

I can't believe people vote for the flag ship! :imperialguard_commander1: Its all about the CC

I have both ships but I still go for the CC its BIGGER! and a better crew! For all we know that pirate on the

flagship could be a spy! :jollyroger: GO CC!!! :pir_laugh2:

hmm...both are great ships...but the imperial flagship seems to have more gun ports and sail area than the carribean clipper...but then again blue is my favorite color...

Both of them are more like raiding craft than an actual "flagship," but I still voted for the Imperial Flagship because the design is better, and I just like the imperials better in general.

imperial flag ship is much better. I got one as present 1x years ago.

Later on, I have bought both 6285 and 6286 from ebay that I missed when I was small. But I havent thought of buying a caribbean clipper. I feel no interesting at all.

Fair enough, the flagship is better than the clipper, but the barracuda is better than the schoonner.

The 89 and 92-93 pirate line, each won once. :pir_laugh2:

But if for voting "good guy ship", I will prefer adding the armada flagship too.

For me, the imperial and armada flagship show very close quality. They will be the real one that difficult to decide which is better.

Armada's appearance is better, but generally weaker as a"flagship": just 1 cannon, less bricks (and also just 3 men). :imperialguard_commander1:

They are really very close, so, I own them both. :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Lord Augusta

besides, I am a bit curious that some people vote for caribbean clipper just because it has more minifigs ( not only here, also some friends of mine that i ve talked to )

LEGO has a trend that offering fewer and fewer minifigs in their set: clipper in 89 =5, imperial flagship in 92 = 4, finally armada flagship in 96 just 3.

Not only pirates line, also in others such as castle.

So I think it ll be a bit not fair by judging a ship is better just because it has more men. And ,you know, minifigs can be added as many as you want by the owner.

I prefer voting a "ship" by focusing its design, appearance, firepower, etc, which are "really owned by the ship".

However, for sure you can focusing on the number of minifigs if we are comparing "sets". It's a matter of comparing "ship" and "set" and I think we are voting for "ship" in here, arent we? :pir-classic:

Edited by Lord Augusta

Imperial Flagship, hands down. When you add up the same amount of sails and big guns, smaller hull, and that nifty wheel/rudder set up you get a ship that is much more manageable than the Carribean Clipper. the IF would be able to run circles around the CC if (and that's a mighty big if) they were ever to go up against each other in a sea battle.

besides, I am a bit curious that some people vote for caribbean clipper just because it has more minifigs ( not only here, also some friends of mine that i ve talked to )

LEGO has a trend that offering fewer and fewer minifigs in their set: clipper in 89 =5, imperial flagship in 92 = 4, finally armada flagship in 96 just 3.

CC and IF both have 4 minifigs :pir-wink:

I'll have to go for the imperial flagship because of the space and design. The carribean clipper is a good ship but the imperial flagship has room to add your own touch. :pir-classic: