UPDATE: Thanks to an amazing effort by Thorsten Spelz full-blown building instructions are now available on Rebrickable!

UPDATE: I regard my Steppenwolf build as finished. Here's a short video of the final result:

EDIT: Jump to reply #37 for real-life images...

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Request for opinion: For my Steppenwolf-project I'm about to order the parts that I need for the bodywork. However, I'm still in doubt about the color. So I thought maybe you can help me decide. My options are red and black. I know white is trending as Blakbird rightly noted, but this is not a supercar and some of the parts I need are simply not available in white.

I started of with favouring red, but black is gradually gaining terrain. What would you favour?

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

What about yellow? Its not a very common color for supercars.

It would be an option, most parts are available in yellow. It's a bit 'in your face' though, but maybe I need some time to get used to it.

Edit: This way it would be the true resurrection of my first MOC ever, from about 30 years ago. I wish I still had some pictures of it...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

I think the yellow looks better. A vehicle like this needs to be "in your face". Try it with some dbg accents.

I really like the red one.

Black is also cool, it makes he whole thing a bit more serious and "mysterious". But I think red fits the type of vehicle really well.

But I would do another color than blue for the seats, I think. Blue is used a lot by TLC for the seats already, maybe you could do something else. It's only 8 pieces as far as I can tell. Maybe you could do yellow for the seats, as the color of the springs then comes back.

All looks good, and your renders are pretty good to, so get whatever is easier to acquire.

Thanks for all the responses!

The body doesn't contain that many parts, so I might just end up buying two sets of colored parts. Leaves me with the same problem though; need to drop one color.

But I would do another color than blue for the seats, I think. Blue is used a lot by TLC for the seats already, maybe you could do something else. It's only 8 pieces as far as I can tell. Maybe you could do yellow for the seats, as the color of the springs then comes back.

I like the suggestion of making the blue seat stripes yellow for the red version, so they match the shock absorbers. Will try to render that. Might also work on the black version.

Edit: Added renditions.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

What about Orange?

Or maybe orange-black-white as in 9398?

Although 9398 ha a nice color scheme, I think a single color will better fit this minimalistic design. Orange would be nice though, but unfortunatly several parts are not available in orange.

Maybe the bright blue from the 42050 or white.

many parts are not available in Medium Azure and several parts are not available in white like part 11954 he used.

Edited by KamalMYafi

Black is....well black. It's alway okay, but it never stands out. Red looks great, but agree that it might be a bit more "in your face".

How about making some small modifications resulting in a replaceable bodywork? That way you can build all three and see which one looks best in real life.

It's a great MOC btw. Very clean build!

How about making some small modifications resulting in a replaceable bodywork? That way you can build all three and see which one looks best in real life.

That's a nice suggestion and it's exactly what I'm going to do! I was already thinking to buy the parts in red, black and yellow. In the worst case I have some parts left, but my collection could use some extra colored parts. That will make my son happy too. I also decided to leave the stripes on the seats blue. Blue combines fairly well with the other colors.

In fact the entire bodywork has already been designed to be placed and removed without too much hassle. But I will check if I can improve on that and maybe separate the colored components from the bluish gray ones.

Thanks you all for thinking with me!

Edited by Didumos69

I like the yellow variant, it reminds me of the civillian warthog from Halo.

I'm not too familiar with this Halo-thing, but it's nice that you see some resemblance. This Civilian Warthog that you refer to in turn reminds me of a model that has been an inspiration for this MOC, at least from the suspension perspective. If I ever find the time to create this kind of bodywork...

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

...and maybe separate the colored components from the bluish gray ones.

I isolated these 5 components that can be (re)placed relatively easily. I plan to build each component in red, yellow and black.

Thanks again!

800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

That looks great! Easy to change the color of the car. Nice progress!