Sign in to follow this  
languages

Magnets

While searching on FBTB I came across these cool magnets

4269244_1.jpg

For a little while now, LEGO has offered magnetic bricks that you can stick on your refridgerator door or any other magnet-friendly surface. Usually, the sample set of elements that you get are pretty basic. Bricks in most sizes and colors, maybe a crane, and some other stuff. Nothing too exciting but it gave you something to do while in the kitchen cause let's face it, we've all wanted to build with bricks while in the kitchen.

LEGO is now offering minifigs with magnets! The two themes that are currently available is Star Wars and Knights Kingdom. The magnets used are as strong as the others and are, I assume, glued in place inside the legs. I only picked up the Star Wars set for obvious reasons and there's a couple of reasons why you should get them as well.

First off, they use the flesh tone color for Anakin. I'm not that big of a fan of the flesh tone decision for a variety of reasons but this is not the place to get into the discussion. The huge plus is that the Anakin in this set is the non-light up version, so you get a normal head element, hair, lightsaber, etc. You also get a green Clone Trooper and a Yoda. Nothing extraodinary about these but it should be noted that none of the minifigs come with the LEGO logo printed on the back, like the keychains did. So other than the magnetic legs, they'll blend right into your existing collection. Unfortunately, the legs are glued to the torso so you're pretty limited to making your own minifig with a magnetic personality. Hyuk hyuk hyuk, I crack myself up sometimes. Anyways, check out my last action shot to get an idea of what they would look like. Yeah, I know, big stretch of the imagination.

4269244_3.jpg

I so want some of these because the clone troopers will fit on all Lego sets so I can finally have an army... :-D

Well, they have the LEGO logo on the back and glued-on magnet legs, so I'm not too excited. Oh well.

Oh, and I fixed your title.

Well, they have the LEGO logo on the back and glued-on magnet legs, so I'm not too excited. Oh well.

Oh, and I fixed your title.

<i>but it should be noted that none of the minifigs come with the LEGO logo printed on the back</i>

What's the problem? Besides, I'm sure there will be SOME way to fix the legs if you want some level of customization.

i wonder what hasbro has to say about this...

sees like a violation of the contract to me...

did you get these or just find the pics if you got them which sets did you get them in..it would be kinda cool if they were

Magnet Trooper: Guys, I think we'd better stick together! :P

You are right Languages, they would be a good army builder. But once again they are coloured clones, if only there was a plain trooper in he set.

None-the-less a nice set and I would love to pick up 1 or 2.

Jon.

i just found out there are two versions of them from my local lego store there is one that comes with obi chewie and darth vader the second comes with a red clone trooper yoda and anakin (as seen) and a bunch of key chains as listed

1. snow trooper

2.storm trooper

3.darth vader

4.yoda

5.C3PO

6.R2D2

7.obi with hood

8.chewie

9.clone pilot (from arc fighter)

These look great!

Are the heads/ arms removable?

How much are they?

Even with the magnets, they don't look too bad (any one know if the magnets come out)?

Well I guess you could try but the legs are glued to the torso so it would be quite difficult.

Jon.

Maybe you could pull the legs out (not the crouch) and then swap them for narmal legs :)

Are they at shop@home?

What does they cost?

How do they come????

ANSWER ME NOW!!!

sorry

AMAZING! FINALLY A CHEAP WAY TO GET CLONES!!!!!!!!!!

do they have any besides green?

Yes i would like to know...

It would be easier to do that than to make your own out of decals

I think it might of been mentioned earlier but how much do they cost?

Yes i would like to know...

It would be easier to do that than to make your own out of decals

I think it might of been mentioned earlier but how much do they cost?

$9.99 for all three.

um for one i thought that they only came as red clones and i fliped through the book at the store and there were only 2 sets as i listed befor

um for one i thought that they only came as red clones and i fliped through the book at the store and there were only 2 sets as i listed befor

I don't think there are any more clone magnets.

do you mean other then the red ones? i doubt that there are cause this was the store book its all that was in it :'( if only they had one with normal white clones

I've done some searches on various Lego websites and could not find them yet (still too new I guess).

Looking forward to seeing the various packs.

Yeah i looked aswell but couldnt find them, hopefully they will be available soon.

yeah the picture i saw them in was there cataloug of stuff that they MIGHT get in it did not have the set number nor the price so we here know more then they do so im assuming that there still pretty new