Ordinareo

The LEGO Batman Movie

We have our first sneak peek at The LEGO Batman Movie! http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/03/21/sneak-peek-lego-batman-shows-his-brick-made-lair/82014418/

He’s Batman, Lego Batman.

The toy brick version of the superhero (voiced by Will Arnett) steps into the leading man role in
The Lego Batman Movie
(due out February 10, 2017) after spinning off from 2014’s
The Lego Movie.

While the world readies for Ben Affleck to appear as the human caped crusader in
Batman v. Superman
this weekend, Arnett’s
Lego Batman
will show off a first trailer on Wednesday — featuring a full-Lego view into billionaire Bruce Wayne’s secret lair.

“The Batcave is even better than we remembered it, it’s awesome” says Arnett. “But I also love getting into the ho-hum day-to-day of being Batman and what it’s like to fight crime each day. Like the idea of Batman oversleeping his alarm clock makes me laugh. It really does humanize him.”

Director Chris McKay, the animation director for
The Lego Movie
, says it was clear immediately how popular Batman was in his past supporting role, especially with fan-repeated lines like “I always work in black, and sometimes very, very dark grey.”

“We thought if we can tell a well-rounded, funny story that’s action-packed, we can build a big movie around this character,” says McKay. “This is the movie we would want to see.”

635939926062909490-LGB-TRL-BC-0029.jpg

635939928645506045-LGB-TRL-BC-0001r.jpg

635939933214463333-LGB-TRL-BC-0038-1-.jpg

635939930333592866-LGB-TRL-BC-0014.jpg

635939935627174799-LGB-TRL-BC-0015.jpg

Edited by Ordinareo

Bat by Gaslight?! Raging Bat?! Excalibat!? Bat suits I didn't even know I wanted!

I think we solved the CMF question.

I don't like that belt piece at all...

Or the Batrobe (Yes, I called it a Batrobe) piece thing.

They both look weird and wrong. I'm a huge fan of The LEGO Movie, and so I really hope this one doesn't let us down.

These new images just look like it will be sub-par to The LEGO Movie, Character-design wise.

Maybe I'm being too hard on it all, but the BatRobe doesn't have any real solid way to be transformed into real bricks. Ism it supposed to be a fabric piece? Is it supposed to be a plastic skirt thing? In The LEGO Movie, everything was intentionally possible, even if it was not a pre-existing piece. This just doesn't look at all feasible as a piece in any way...

EDIT:

I'm also upset that he's not using the same Batwing design as The LEGO Movie.

I am very worried about this film.

Edited by Actor Builder

You think that's hard to make? Look at the microwave. That's not even possible. The stand with no Bat..mask? on it has no top of a stud. In the kitchen photo there's a dish on top that doesn't have the hole for the stud in it.

It's all good. :laugh:

You think that's hard to make? Look at the microwave. That's not even possible. The stand with no Bat..mask? on it has no top of a stud. In the kitchen photo there's a dish on top that doesn't have the hole for the stud in it.

My gosh... You're right. I had noticed the Microwave was weird, but they can't even get some simple stud pieces right?

....This is going to ruin The LEGO Movie forever...

I'm really sad you guys.

Actor Builder, I honestly can't tell whether you're deliberately parodying the whole "I've seen five still images from this film so I can already tell it will be terrible!" fanboy attitude, but just in case you're serious, I'll point out that The LEGO Movie also had no shortage of fake/impossible connections, but that certainly didn't affect the overall quality.

This new Batwing certainly looks way more likely to be an actual set than the previous one. Speaking of which, question for the mods: where will discussion of the sets go? Licensed? Special Themes? Just rolled into 2017 DC?

!

What?

How?

:look:

It's not confirmed we're getting the Lego Batman movie series, that was just speculation. Don't worry Robert8, it's still unknown what series we're getting January 1, 2017.

Edited by amazingbricks

This new Batwing certainly looks way more likely to be an actual set than the previous one. Speaking of which, question for the mods: where will discussion of the sets go? Licensed? Special Themes? Just rolled into 2017 DC?

The Banjo strikes again :laugh:

Maybe I'm being too hard on it all, but the BatRobe doesn't have any real solid way to be transformed into real bricks. Ism it supposed to be a fabric piece? Is it supposed to be a plastic skirt thing? In The LEGO Movie, everything was intentionally possible, even if it was not a pre-existing piece. This just doesn't look at all feasible as a piece in any way...

I'm pretty sure it's made from the CMF Graduate's cape-thingy.

Batman has a wrestling suit?

... With muscles on it?

... This movie will be amazing.

Edited by gamejutzu

Tragic Banjo, I'm not saying I think it will be terrible, but I do think it certainly has the potential to be very bad.

I'm not worried so much about illegal connections or floating pieces, it's the things like the studless stud in the Batcave that really concern me.

The LEGO Movie was so keen on details like that, and I just hope that this film lives up to that. I'll certainly go see it. I have a free movie voucher that I've been saving since 2015 set aside for it, but I'm just worried.

My gosh... You're right. I had noticed the Microwave was weird, but they can't even get some simple stud pieces right?

....This is going to ruin The LEGO Movie forever...

I'm really sad you guys.

There are a few instances of this in TLM too, I can't remember when though. One thing I'll never get over is when Emmet swings over Unikitty and co. in his giant mech, Unikitty speaks and her mouth doesn't move!

I'm super excited for the movie and its sets! Maybe we'll get a new comic-styled Alfred!

If we did get a collectible minifigure series for the movie, do you think we'd see a bunch of Batsuits? New versions of prereleased characters? New characters altogether?

I'm super excited for the movie and its sets! Maybe we'll get a new comic-styled Alfred!

If we did get a collectible minifigure series for the movie, do you think we'd see a bunch of Batsuits?

That's what my money is on. They found a way to defeat the feelers... several minifigures with the exact same molds.

Edited by LegoPercyJ

That's what my money is on. They found a way to defeat the feelers... several minifigures with the exact same molds.

Mentioned that a day ago on the series 16 thread, before the movie pics popped up. But they've done a good job differentiating in the past though to the point where I kinda felt they're working with feelers. Gave everything a way to tell it apart. I assume different accessories will at least help some of them out. The boxing gloves, inclusion of lobster, etc.

I don't get the point of this film (or TLM2) if we already know that it's just Finn playing

Don't worry Robert8, it's still unknown what series we're getting January 1, 2017.

Oh thanks! I still have hope :cry_sad: