Ordinareo

The LEGO Batman Movie

My apologies, forgot to post this earlier. You can here and see Bane in the TV spot. Very Tom Hardy inspired. 

They mock everything, don't they! :laugh:
Just scored an awesome deal on the Batmobile. Although it isn't the nicest Batmobile they've done, it is the LBM one.

BTW, is Arkham featured a lot in the movie?

All Warner Bros TV shows are getting into the LEGO business with the movie coming out this Thursday. Here's some awesome LEGO inspired promotions for some Warner Bros owned shows. 

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/06/gotham-arrow-the-flash-supergirl-and-wbtv-go-lego-for-lego-batma/12

They're all officially made. Also all the DC shows this week will have a closing slide completely made of LEGO!!! 

Just got back from seeing the movie.

Spoiler free opinion?

It's a fantastic and fun movie. Not as good as the Lego Movie, but still fantastic. Definitely go see it.

I saw it on pre-screening on saturday. It's good, but it does not carry that "special message" as original LEGO Movie. And there is too much of everything, almost every villan known is there, but just briefly. 

Still this is something every AFOL needs to see.

For those who have seen it: any guesses which vehicle (or thing) will be made into UCS? My guess would be that big flying thing from the beginning.

6 hours ago, Cwetqo said:

I saw it on pre-screening on saturday. It's good, but it does not carry that "special message" as original LEGO Movie. And there is too much of everything, almost every villan known is there, but just briefly. 

Still this is something every AFOL needs to see.

For those who have seen it: any guesses which vehicle (or thing) will be made into UCS? My guess would be that big flying thing from the beginning.

I would guess the vehicle that splits into 3. Everything else that is used has a set. At least I think...

4 hours ago, Cammo said:

Closer look at the opening fight, Batman Theme & set use:

-snip-

I don't know how I feel about the song still.... Also what the heck?? That's a lot of animal cruelty :sceptic: 

17 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I don't know how I feel about the song still.... Also what the heck?? That's a lot of animal cruelty :sceptic: 

#EvilPenguinLivesMatter :grin:

Like honestly more of this. Less of everything else :grin: Please one day have the Flarrowverse visit the Earth 32 the LEGO Earth. :grin:

I just thought of something. Perhaps the reason the Mad Hatter didn't make the cut was because they simply were not allowed to include him because Disney owns the movie rights to the character. Although it is obviously based off of the book, maybe Disney bought the movie rights to any interpretation of that character. 

On 7/2/2017 at 10:38 AM, Cammo said:

Closer look at the opening fight, Batman Theme & set use:

Hey hey hey

Look at Condiment King in 0:13 :oh:

Did Two Face kill him?? 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Hey hey hey

Look at Condiment King in 0:13 :oh:

Did Two Face kill him?? 

Lol ya I know I noticed that too! He ran over him! 

Also Zebra Man totally dies and comes back in the next frame. Batman dodges Freeze's blast and then he throws a batarang right at him exploding him into pieces at 1:23 :sad:

Also just realized... No Clayface anywhere in that clip. 

Edited by Ashnflash

7 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

I just thought of something. Perhaps the reason the Mad Hatter didn't make the cut was because they simply were not allowed to include him because Disney owns the movie rights to the character. Although it is obviously based off of the book, maybe Disney bought the movie rights to any interpretation of that character. 

The book is in the public domain and as such all the characters contained within are up for use by anyone for any purpose. Now, Disney could potentially block someone's use if they were to use elements that are strictly unique to the Disney versions. For example, the Wizard of Oz is in the public domain and as such anybody can make a movie, however the ruby slippers and green skin of the Wicked Witch are movie only elements, thus WB owns those elements, meaning that any other studio wishing to use them would have to license them (as Disney did with the ruby slippers for the sequel) or create a similar product that's just different enough to avoid copyright problem (as Disney did with the prequel and the slightly different shade of green for the Wicked Witch).

The Mad Hatter as he appears in the Batman world shouldn't have any copyright problems. His costume takes heavily from the books and in characterization is basically just an insane cosplayer, so Disney wouldn't really have any rights to that interpretation. Perhaps he wasn't included for other reasons, maybe they were worried he'd look too similar to the Penguin due to the similar costumes.

2 hours ago, strangely said:

The Mad Hatter as he appears in the Batman world shouldn't have any copyright problems. His costume takes heavily from the books and in characterization is basically just an insane cosplayer, so Disney wouldn't really have any rights to that interpretation. Perhaps he wasn't included for other reasons, maybe they were worried he'd look too similar to the Penguin due to the similar costumes.

Agreed. They probably had to leave a few bigger villains out, so as to still have unreleased big-hitters from Batman's rogues left to use in future sets of the DC theme (let's all face it; Batman sets are going nowhere). Additionally, the Disney version doesn't have mind-control technology shoved in his hat, so ours is easily distinct enough. :classic:

For those who have already seen the movie: please, could you sort the sets per screen time? (let's try to keep it spoiler-free, I haven't got the opportunity to watch it yet)

From the teasers I guess that batwing, ballon escape and 70905 Batmobile ranks high but unsure about the others

Just enjoy and watch the movie. All heart burning questions shall be answered with plot twist. 

I urge all who have watched this movie, not to share any movie spoilers that are not shown in the trailers. 

I have watched and there are some things which I didn't expect. So please be considerate and use spoilers tag. 

Thank you. 

I also finished watching the movie today. I wasn't expecting the level of parody they did for this movie. If you're a die hard Batman fan I think you're going to love the references scattered in the movie script. 

Spoiler

I think the scuttler has a fair amount of screentime and is probably in top 3 along with the batwing and batmobile. 

They introduced A LOT of new pieces for the villains in this line. 

I think these designs will be around for a while. 

Who knows, maybe the batman movie line will be around for a couple of years. That would be why some of the villains are missing like Crazy Quilt, Killer Moth, Gentleman Ghost, Clock King, Condiment King and Hugo Strange.

Hush and Ventriloquist are more problematic because they don't appear in the film. But we know LEGO made designs for them. So, there is still a chance they will appear.

Mad Hatter does exist in the LBM universe but he was not even designed as a minifigure (as far as we know)

Other villans like Black Mask and Ra's Al Gul have been completely ignored.