Bonaparte

Decal Wish List

2826 posts in this topic

Could someone make me 2 decals, Waxer and Boil, the Geonosis version from the (Excellent!) Landing At Point Rain episode. Here is a picture:

HERE

The helmets I will get from Arealight so I don't need those as a decal. Thanks!

Edited by Darthluke824

Very weird request I know, but could someone please do me a couple of decals, with no rush at all. :classic:

Please may I have face and body decals for Ziggy Stardust, as he appears here:

ziggy_stardust_high_line.jpg

Face, eyes open please.

Ziggy_Stardust1.jpg

Torso and legs, please.

Thanks a lot, guys. :sweet:

Edited by Scorpiox

In my infinite powers of wisdom and such things :tongue: , I completely forgot to ask for a back decal for the German parka, so here it is, if somebody could make it in white for me!

7883016722_8c18ae01d4.jpg

Thanks! :classic:

The waterslide decal paper I bought seems to be called 'inkjet waterslide decal paper' but can I use a laser printer to print on it? I know there's a 'laster waterslide decal paper' but how strict is it? Inkjet printers dont seem to print small details. Also the black isn't dark enough.

Edited by Simple1DEA

@Blockburn,

Just letting you know that I've updated decal to include simple back printing.

I used plain white, so it can be printed on transparent decal paper.

It seems that LEGO white color which I was using in my previus decals might be slightly darker than bricks, but plain white might be lighter than needed, so if you are printing decals on "crystal" white paper, you might want to fill white with very very very light gray.

Edited by NickAb

@Blockburn,

Just letting you know that I've updated decal to include simple back printing.

I used plain white, so it can be printed on transparent decal paper.

It seems that LEGO white color which I was using in my previus decals might be slightly darker than bricks, but plain white might be lighter than needed, so if you are printing decals on "crystal" white paper, you might want to fill white with very very very light gray.

Thanks, that was really quick! The quality of of your work is astounding! As for the shade of white, I'll check, though I imaging that they should be just fine! :sweet:

The waterslide decal paper I bought seems to be called 'inkjet waterslide decal paper' but can I use a laser printer to print on it? I know there's a 'laster waterslide decal paper' but how strict is it? Inkjet printers dont seem to print small details. Also the black isn't dark enough.

Please do not post not-decal requests related stuff in this topic. Thank you.

Could someone make a head print of a monkey and a gopher please? I got the new bat ears and would want to use them for other things :blush:

Here they are:

gopher.pngmonkey.png

Small request, could anyone please make me a flesh decal of the Series 4 Minifigs Skater head, and Series 6 Sleepyhead shut eye side?

Thanks!

-Sci

Hey can anyone make a Dark Grey new 52 batman, red robin, damian wayne robin, spoiler, huntress, blackbat, batwoman, and red hood, sorry for all the requests, if anyone wants a reference photo I can give you one.

Small request, could anyone please make me a flesh decal of the Series 4 Minifigs Skater head, and Series 6 Sleepyhead shut eye side?

Thanks!

-Sci

skater-sleepyhead.png

Hey can anyone make a Dark Grey new 52 batman, red robin, damian wayne robin, spoiler, huntress, blackbat, batwoman, and red hood, sorry for all the requests, if anyone wants a reference photo I can give you one.

Reference greatly appreciated.

AHAHA! You're the best!!

Thanks!

My sig fig will be on Eurobricks shortly.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Here are Bricky0's Decals.

robin_timdrake.png

Tim Drake Torso

robin_timdrake_face.png

Tim Drake Face

robin_damianwayne.png

Damian Wayne Torso

robin_damianwayne_face.png

Damian Wayne Face

There are the decals I did by now, I'm going to do the others you asked for. Hope you like them. I'm really proud of Tim Drake's torso, it looks likes very lego-ish.

Edited by Lego lover

I have a problem applying my decal. This is my first time using decals on my minifig. I'm using a decal design that is transparent with light gray lines. When I put it on my black torso, the light grey lines become see through and I can barely see it on my minifig. I used inkjet waterslide decal paper and 3 coats of acrylic spray and left it to dry for 30 minutes until dipping in water. Could anyone help me out? On youtube there aren't videos putting decals on a black torso so that could be the problem.

I have a problem applying my decal. This is my first time using decals on my minifig. I'm using a decal design that is transparent with light gray lines. When I put it on my black torso, the light grey lines become see through and I can barely see it on my minifig. I used inkjet waterslide decal paper and 3 coats of acrylic spray and left it to dry for 30 minutes until dipping in water. Could anyone help me out? On youtube there aren't videos putting decals on a black torso so that could be the problem.

The general rule (I learned through practice) is that if it is a dark torso (dark green, blue, purple, and especially black) you can't use the clear decal paper, as they don't show up. You need to use white decal paper. The problem with the white paper is that the ink can get nicked up easier and possibly run a bit as you apply it, and it isn't as clear a final look, but you can see it. You also have to print out the decal on regular paper a few times to match the color of the torso to the primary color of the decal, then you can print out the decal and apply it and it won't mismatch. When using white paper, you also have to really apply the clear coat well (2-3 coats) and dry before you apply it, so the chance of ink run is low. If the torso is light colored on the other hand (white, yellow, etc.) or or you're applying face decals to a normal flesh or yellow head, THEN you should use the clear decal paper. Hope that helps.

Here are Bricky0's Decals.

robin_timdrake.png

Tim Drake Torso

robin_timdrake_face.png

Tim Drake Face

robin_damianwayne.png

Damian Wayne Torso

robin_damianwayne_face.png

Damian Wayne Face

There are the decals I did by now, I'm going to do the others you asked for. Hope you like them. I'm really proud of Tim Drake's torso, it looks likes very lego-ish.

Love them! Will be using the faces!

Love them! Will be using the faces!

My request. A basic face template with the standard eye/mouth proportions of minifigs on current release (e.g. Collectable Minifigs, Superheroes etc.) in the dimensions used by LDD for its face decorations. That is to say, as wide and tall an image as the images that LDD uses. And by preference, with a transparent background.

The reason for this is that LDD2PovRay has a facility to replace one decoration with another while rendering, but I've not had much success with the ones I've pinched from this board.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead