Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Haunted Victorian House

indexed.gif B-RV-2B

So here is the haunted house set from the last issue of The Whacker and the Walrus...like the other sets, it is blank on the inside. This one is even more of a facade, because it was only meant to have the monster break through the porch...

haunted_house_001.jpg

Overall shot

haunted_house_002.jpg

You can see here how the monster through the porch effect worked...

haunted_house_003.jpg

and if not, then this shot should make it really clear.

haunted_house_004.jpg

haunted_house_005.jpg

I wanted the house to look abandoned and neglected...

haunted_house_006.jpg

haunted_house_007.jpg

haunted_house_008.jpg

The house is based slightly on a "haunted house" we'd go see in the suburbs of Chicago when I was in High School. There was an urban legend that a satan worshipping doctor lived in a victorian house where the cross-beams fromed upside down crosses-I forgot to extend the crosses here :-$ oops-but we called it Satan's House and we would drive by it and yell "We know you're satan!" :-|

haunted_house_009.jpg

haunted_house_010.jpg

I love using these mini-fig heads for railings...

haunted_house_011.jpg

More closeups of my favorite window technique. I need to come up with a new one-I use it a lot. :-$

haunted_house_012.jpg

haunted_house_013.jpg

Enjoy and please feel free to let me know what you think! *sweet*

Nice work, and great attention to dewtal, The windows and the railings.

A Nother Hinkley Original!

Stauder (Soon to commision you to design a new question mobile :-P )

When I read the topic I new it would be good. I love the whole haunted look to it. Good job.

Another Awesome MOC Hinckley, must have taken a lot of time to build! *y*

I love the real "Victorian Era" haunted feeling with it, and the boards across the windows and door are effective in making the house seem abandoned.

Could we please have a view of the back? I know its plain, but I would just like to see all the contruction.

My one criticism is that it for me is a little too neat, I think it could be made to look a lot more neglected, but thats pretty much it, you've done a fine job here! *y*

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

You're on a roll with those settings!

That's quite a big setting you have there Hinkie. Must have taken you some work! 8-

A very fine and spooky villa indeed, with a nice and detailed design for the windows. *y*

Very cool! I love the window details and the railings, they're fantastic! :-D But maybe some missing roof tiles, a few broken bits here and there would make it look more abandoned and haunted? Just a suggestion.

~Peace

Nice Haunt Hink, but why did you make it wide as opposed to tall? I think some height would really add to a Victorian design.

Wonderful design with some nice detail though.

I thought this was the best MOC of the last comic. *wub* I think you have captured the style. I am stunned that you built it up so high! I would have thought that you would have just split the monster in half... As others have said, it probably looks too good to be abandoned; the entire beautiful roof is perfect.

I probably should stop looking at your houses though. I plan on making "my" house soon and if I'm not carefull I might sub-consciously steal one of your great designs. :-P I was admiring your fire station yesterday... *wub*

(Do you have a lot of those trees or do you keep moving them around?)

Sinner is dead on here, that really is the best MOC in the last comic (since the treehouse isn't new and all). Each one of these you post is driving me more and more toward my facade concept idea, in the scale of Cafe Corner, but just a movie style shell.

It's a homeowners association nightmare come true, and for that it's achieved perfection!

And you're right Hinckley, the heads in the railing ... *wub* (and stolen into my mental MOC repository).

Spooktacular On! *y*

Another great MOC, Hinckley *y* Very detailed, as all of your creations 8-

This is another very nice set piece Hinck, I love the boards on the windows and the use of mini-fig heads for railings. It's very impressive that you should make such a fine house just for a little backdrop in your comic, very fine job mate! ;-)

Shall we be seeing this house again in your comic or has it retreated back into a dingy corner of your basement? X-D joke! ;-)

Nice Haunt Hink, but why did you make it wide as opposed to tall? I think some height would really add to a Victorian design.

Wonderful design with some nice detail though.

Yay thanks Brickster! That means alot coming from the King of spooky MOCs! Yes, I tried to make it taller, but I thought the roof would take care of the last bit of perspective. If I went back and re-did it I would certainly make it taller...Thanks for the tip!

My one criticism is that it for me is a little too neat, I think it could be made to look a lot more neglected, but thats pretty much it, you've done a fine job here! *y*

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Thanks for the suggestions. I think you and iamded are right on. I believe next time we see this house in the comic it will look more like you've suggested. I'll post pics of the back soon. ;-) Thanks for asking

...What are the round balls on the roof if I may ask?

I love those mf head fences! *wub* A great use of those parts! And the thought those are infact heads really make this MOC sinister!! X-D

The only thing this fine setting still needs are some bats.

Thanks buddy. I'm not a big fan of the bats, but I'll try it. The black balls are these pieces: I learned the basic techniwue from the Harry Potter Graveyard Duel...or maybe I've seen it in an MOC before that. I can't remember, but it's a favorite go-to technique of mine. :-$

A very nice custom, hinckley! Do the minifig railings suggest that the former resident was a cannibal?

No, ya goofball! :-D

I thought this was the best MOC of the last comic. *wub* I think you have captured the style. I am stunned that you built it up so high! I would have thought that you would have just split the monster in half... As others have said, it probably looks too good to be abandoned; the entire beautiful roof is perfect.

I probably should stop looking at your houses though. I plan on making "my" house soon and if I'm not carefull I might sub-consciously steal one of your great designs. :-P I was admiring your fire station yesterday... *wub*

(Do you have a lot of those trees or do you keep moving them around?)

Thanks buddy. There actually wasn't enough room still so I did break the monster in half :-D . You may borrow my techniques, I don't mind. They say imitation is the best form of flattery... :-$

Each one of these you post is driving me more and more toward my facade concept idea, in the scale of Cafe Corner, but just a movie style shell.

And you're right Hinckley, the heads in the railing ... *wub* (and stolen into my mental MOC repository).

Thanks and I can't wait to see your facade!

This is another very nice set piece Hinck, I love the boards on the windows and the use of mini-fig heads for railings. It's very impressive that you should make such a fine house just for a little backdrop in your comic, very fine job mate! ;-)

Shall we be seeing this house again in your comic or has it retreated back into a dingy corner of your basement? X-D joke! ;-)

I meant to re-sort it but I think we'll be seeing it again! ;-)

Thanks to everybody for the kind words and feedback. I appreciate it! :-)