oo7

Your First LEGO Set

This is the first set I remember getting as a present, my uncle helped me build it on christmas day-

6970-1.jpg?0

I'm sure it was a DUPLO set. I barely remember any of it but I'm sure it was a ridiculous turtle wagon with random DUPLO bricks inside. If anyone knows what set it is, I'd be happy to know.

EDIT: I found it.

2107-1.jpg

I also found out that it isn't even DUPLO.

Edited by TheRedGuy

I believe my first was 6237 Pirates' Plunder sometime around 1993. I think it's an excellent small set, and it was what launched me into my hobby! I always used to call Rummy "Mr. Brown" and the guard "Mr. Black."

i'd had buckets of lego since an early age but never any sets, that was until the 8865 technic test car. i got it for my 12 birthday in 1989.

i used to love building it & changing gears, watching the engine working & then dismantle to build the other kit you could make with the set!

however i sold it 2 years later to get a sega megadrive!

though i loved lego & building things (usually with imagination & not sticking to instructions) i never bought another set. that was until 2008 on our first trip to disneyworld & i entered the lego shop at downtown disney!

that was the first time i'd ever seen lego star wars! i fell in love! they had the 10179 millennium falcon for $400 (£200 back then!) which i drooled over but knew it wouldnt fit in our suitcases!

i got a few star wars small kits after that & after returning to disneyworld in 2009 to get married, i still had £300 of spending money left so when we got back i got the 10179 off ebay! :)

First set I played with, or first set that was actually mine? I've got so many older siblings that Lego has been in the house longer than I can remember, but the first set that was actually given to me to own was 4478: Geonosian Fighter:

4478-1.jpg

Before that though, other sets had been bought as "group gifts", so they belonged to everyone. That was my first personal set :)

My first Lego Set was set 722. I still remember getting it for christmas and all the amazing times I had.

I can only remember 1 set that i owned as a kid and thats probably only because i won it at a fun little competition for kids at the Birkenhead Point Lego store in Sydney.

It was 6697 Rescue Helicopter

My twin brother was so jealous LOL

6697-1.jpg?0

My first set (for me, not a joint family effort) was the 6381 Motor Speedway in 1988 on clearance from my local toyshop. Really wanted the 6395 Victory Raceway that was sitting next to it though:) - which I finally purchased late last year as MISB.

6381-1.jpg

Edited by harmacy

i cant remember what set i got 1st but i do remember it was from the Star wars theme. wish i still had all my older sets from when i was a kid.

316-1.jpg

Got this fire fighter boat 1979 model as hand me down from my cousin. My first bought set was the street sweeper 1985. Still here with building instructions

My first set was a Robin Hood looking set. No picture to post because I'm honestly not sure which one it was; it was so long ago!

0565-2.jpg

I am not as old as the image suggests, though. Although it came out in 1976, my parents bought it in 1980.

The first set I can remember from when I was younger was the Space Set 6802 Space Probe Vehicle. It wasn't much, but I'm positive I built nearly every possible combination with those bricks. That little rover was great and the bot was perfectly simplistic.

Definitely a 5/5.

My first sets, received at roughly the same time on the same day, were 6589 Radical Racer and 6326 Town Folks. To this day I still have most of the pieces to both, although all are broken to some degree. :blush: I also feel it's worth mentioning that some of my first exposures to Lego in general were the Lego Island video game and a mailed catalog featuring the Adventurers theme.

I'm pretty sure it was this:

1884-1.jpg

Still have that "minifig" sitting around :classic:

I'm pretty sure it was this:

1884-1.jpg

Still have that "minifig" sitting around :classic:

Ha! I just spent several minutes on Brickipedia trying to ID this set! I think this was my first (non-Duplo) lego too! My first build-with-instructions set was probably 6592 Vacation Hideaway. It's been built and dismantled many times over the years...

Set 1796 'Freestyle Bucket' was my first. I must have received it when I was 3 or 4 one Christmas and I have a few candid photographs from the day. Unlike most I never had a 'dark-age' and now, 16 years on, the very same Freestyle Bucket is currently sitting in my Brickcave next to my desk.