Bought, and arrived to it with several months between.

Proved well worth the wait. Not perfect but overall quite good with minimal broken/missing parts.

As a further plus, trans is great in all three ratios.

2A1A6F94-7F74-4728-B438-EE23A7834368_zpsuxzd5c6v.png

74AAA47F-A90E-469B-8DB4-4F2D67A95BDC_zpsni7hwmuv.jpg

A8B18C4E-8AF4-4BD5-B21C-2D6AA8549849_zpseefso33x.jpg

EFB39081-0B88-4FE7-AC39-DF390FBA17F3_zpsb0exkwxf.jpg

That's my all-time favourite! As you can see in my profile icon :)

I re-bought one myself aswell. I got it in 1986 as a child for christmas. Was always one of my favorite models.

That's a piece of history that you got, enjoy! I always wanted to have one of those, even back when it came up, settled for the red tractor and yellow forklift.

I rebuilt mine from my childhood a few months back, I don't have a box for it and my instructions have a ripped cover. Great model

Ho :wink:

• steering can bind
  • seats detach too easily when crashed into walls
  • the engine can be rebuilt as 6 cylinders instead of a 4 (eight is possible, but looks daft)
  • it's possible to fit pendular suspension on the front axle
  • it *is* possible to get a reverse gear in there, can't remember how
  • the front grey box can be rebuilt as a 'crumple zone' (basically weaken it and it explodes when crashed into walls)

Childhood memories eh?

As an eternal child, yep Andy, memories. Slight difference being though that i got my first one of these at 31. Not exactly been the wall crashy type but had to remove the grey box by hand last night to make an alteration to the front axle, and as you described, it exploded and grey bricks went all over the shop. Found em all but yeah, kabooom!

I can remember building this car a lot when I was an older kid, had a lot of fun with it and jealous friends. The box was in really bad shape when I took it from the attic at my parents house, so I put the box in the garbage.

Edited by vliet

i keep mine in the original box with the inserts still there - and in pieces - now and again i get it out, build it - play with it then take it apart and put it away again

never let it mix with other pieces...

I have two of these, both currently unbuilt, maybe I need to change that :wink:

Use both to create one ultimate 8860 and post photos!

Or has it been made already... I have to look.

My topic titles been changed, dunno why as it wasn't quite devoid of replies as was.

Ho :wink:

steering can bind

Hi andy. Did you pin this down to anything in particular?

With my other baby i've run halfbushes on the inner of front wheel axles, changed the universal joint angularities, and removed one of the rack gear pieces which smoothed it out quite a lot.

With this one i'm 1800 miles from my spares collection for a month and made this small alteration of all standard parts and its assisted pretty well with no great detriment to original appearance once the black 4x2 plate is back on.

ADC4E4FD-5808-487C-8830-AE925E631BB3_zpskulxg2hb.jpg

My topic titles been changed, dunno why as it wasn't quite devoid of replies as was.

Probably because the title gave the reader absolutely no idea what the topic was about. Not everyone wants to read every post every day, so the title is an important way for people to decide what to read.

I've got my original set in pieces at the moment, awaiting deep cleaning! It's been a labour of love, but it's one of only 4 sets I've still got to clean, check, replace broken/chewed parts and reassemble. I always had issues with the gearbox on mine, but I don't the amount of dust on it really helped the gears mesh smoothly!

Others are my original tractor 851 (needs quite a few replacement period parts) and 2 copies of the 8851 excavator to complete and I'm done!