marcu22

The adventures of Harry Potter

Good evening Eurobricks Members,

I want to present you my current project: I'm creating a series of Vignettes featuring the adventures of Harry Potter, hero of my youth. Right now, I plan to upload a Vignette (nearly) every day in March starting from the beginning of "The Philosopher's Stone" to whereever I might end with.

Main goals of this series are presenting Vignettes with a high quality photography, showing various techniques and NPU's and following the rule: "Small but cool" or however you say in english :laugh:...

So let me take you on a journey...

#001 Pivet Drive No.4

25380421775_2228ec892d_c.jpg#001 - Privet Drive No. 4

#002 At Ollivander's Wand Shop

25112243550_620970b1c8_c.jpg#002 - At Ollivander's Wand Shop

"Curious indeed how these things happen. The wand chooses the wizard, remember... I think we must expect great things from you, Mr Potter... After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things — terrible, yes, but great."

—Ollivander to Harry about his wand

#003 Platform Nine Three-Quarters

24811035784_e6a356c121_c.jpg#003 - Platform ''Nine Three Quarters''

"Don't talk rubbish. There is no platform nine and three-quarters."

—Vernon Dursley

#004 The Sorting Hat

25343630282_4318b08431_c.jpg#004 - The Sorting Hat

"Oh you may not think I'm pretty, but don't judge on what you see, I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me."

—The Sorting Hat, opening lines of the 1991 Sorting Hat's Song

#005 Gryffindor Common Room

25131610129_d015edf735_c.jpg#005 - Gryffindor Common Room

"Password?"

—The Fat Lady

#006 Snape's Potion's Class

25404389672_defeb27401_c.jpg#006 Snape's Potion's class

"Cruel, sarcastic and disliked by everybody except the students in his own house (Slytherin), Snape taught Potions."

—A description of Severus Snape

#007 Gryffindor's Boy's Dormitory

25434174342_47a41d2f74_c.jpg#007 - Gryffindor Boy's Dormitory

"Chocolate Frogs have cards, inside them, you know, to collect - famous witches and wizards. I've got about five hundred, but I haven't got Agrippa or Ptolemy."

—Ron Weasley, to Harry Potter

I hope you like my progress so far, daily updates on flickr, I will also update this startpost from time to time.

Kind regards from Hogwarts,

Marcel

Edited by marcu22

This is so awesome! You're already meeting your guidelines of small but cool, great photography, and NPUs. That use of the Sebulba foot as the base of a table in Ollivander's store stood out to me - it works so well in the antique/magical setting!

Are you mainly working from your imagination for these scenes? I think too often people work from the film visuals in HP MOCs (not that there's anything wrong with that), so I love seeing people interpreting the books into visuals their own way.

I look forward to watching your progress.

I see these on Flickr every morning, I never open up the page but am never shy to favorite them! Nice to hear the story behind this, it's really just amazing to see these. Good luck with the rest, I look forward to them!

Very good work! I like hoe you've packed incredible details into small scenes.

These are maybe the best Harry Potter vignettes I have seen so far! Sign me up for more - keep up the great work!!

These are gorgeous.

Im not much of an HP fan, but I love all of your'e vignettes here.

Lovely detail's and great photography.

Well done ! :thumbup:

I've been following these on Flickr, great to see them here! I cannot express how much love I have for these little vigs. You've got NPU, neat details, and completely capture the scenes. Can't wait to see more! And it seems like you're working from the books and movies, which I appreciate. Like CloneOPatra said, people tend to just build from the movies, which is fine, but sometimes imagination is a better alternative.

these are very cute indeed - i really like the bed-construction in #007.

i was trying to built a "king-and-queen-sized" bed for a game of thrones room, but the build got bulky really easy.

are you ok if copy some of your ideas for my bed? =)

Nice vignettes! :thumbup:

The details are really good in surroundings and in objects/interior.

Great built. :classic::thumbup:

Thanks to all of you, nice to see that I can 'transport' what I planned while building the vignettes.

As a word to the inspiration: I read the books, I saw the films (I like them (...a lot)), and I played several games on PC, Gameboy or similar in my "not so long ago" childhood. First book released when I was five years, read with eight...so it's more like having several views on scene's and places. I freakin enjoy the Book: Harry Potter - The Book of Magical Places.

these are very cute indeed - i really like the bed-construction in #007.

i was trying to built a "king-and-queen-sized" bed for a game of thrones room, but the build got bulky really easy.

are you ok if copy some of your ideas for my bed? =)

Of course, go for it! To be honest, I used four Flex Tube Leftovers to connect the bedposts in this inverted way. 3L bars should be a tad to long...Oh and my creations tend to fly apart pretty easy :grin:

As a short update Vignette #008 - #010:

#008 - Madame Hooch's first flying lesson

25587031045_a639eed0a7_c.jpg#008 - Madame Hooch's first flying lesson

#009 - Forbidden Corridor

25613957045_1f171d0c10_c.jpg#009 Forbidden Corridor

#010 - Troll!

25617185416_e81273d524_c.jpg#010 Troll!

Regards, more to come...

Edited by marcu22

Just saw the troll on Flickr. That scene is crazy good! Great posing, troll is recognisable and the toilet looks cute. Sand green is awesome as a color for the wall, too. Gimme more :)

Absolutely outstanding, Wonderful work! The platform is the best for me,

I love vignettes, these would look epic in Cap: Civil War or The Hobbit Format, I've been looking for a cool way to incorporate the Forge's Scene in The Hobbit 2, and Smaug in it, maybe these vignettes are the best way to do it!

Wow, these are GREAT! I love the Wizard Chess one and the effect for the Invisibility Cloak is cool too!

Edited by Ultron

Man I totally missed that Hogwarts Express vig on flickr! Now I'm glad that I've seen it here.

I just want to say that I love what you're doing here. The Potterverse has become so huge over the years that it's impressive how you do your journey through it. All these vignettes are such excellent depictions of all the iconic scenes. Thank you for bringing back all these memories.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Wow, these are GREAT! I love the Wizard Chess one and the effect for the Invisibility Cloak is cool too!

Thanks! The Invisible Cloak is probably my personal favourite one...

Man I totally missed that Hogwarts Express vig on flickr! Now I'm glad that I've seen it here.

I just want to say that I love what you're doing here. The Potterverse has become so huge over the years that it's impressive how you do your journey through it. All these vignettes are such excellent depictions of all the iconic scenes. Thank you for bringing back all these memories.

Yepp, there are lot of memories...I removed the dust from 'The Philosopher's Stone' and found things written/drawn into the book about 15 years ago ;)...

I got 5 new Vignettes to update this thread:

#015 - Norwegian Ridgeback Norbert

25207864283_10a4ea95cc_c.jpg#015 - Norwegian Ridgeback "Norbert"

#016 - Forbidden Forest

25234868353_14f28c716b_c.jpg#016 Forbidden Forest

#017 Tower's of Hogwarts

25788905461_d2d21b960a_c.jpg#017 The tower's of Hogwarts

#018 - Hagrid reveals a secret

25327731064_3f3a71e2db_c.jpg#018 - Hagrid reveals a secret

#019 - Brawl!

25956521026_61e9a7c73d_c.jpg#019 Brawl!

Regards