CM4Sci

71040 The Disney Castle Discussion

71040 The Disney Castle

27619074763_cd7b9a350e_b.jpg
bWQVa3Ug.png

Press Release

71040 The Disney Castle

Ages 16+. 4,080 pieces. US $349.99 – CA $399.99 – DE 349.99€ – UK £289.99 – DK 2999.00 DKK
Welcome to the magical Disney Castle!

Bring the magical world of Disney to your home with The Disney Castle. This highly detailed LEGO® model with over 4,000 pieces offers a rewarding build and play experience, and comes with an array of exciting Disney-themed features and functions. The intricately detailed facade and towers replicate the iconic Walt Disney World® Resort Cinderella Castle, and each accessible castle room includes special features inspired by some of Disney’s greatest animated feature films, providing endless play possibilities with the included minifigures: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Tinker Bell, or other characters from your collection.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning September 1, 2016.
  • Includes 5 minifigures: Mickey Mouse with a tuxedo, Minnie Mouse with red dress, Donald Duck with classic outfit, Daisy Duck with pink skirt, lavender colored shoes and a bow, and Tinker Bell with wig element, skirt, wings and a magic wand.
  • The Disney Castle features a detailed facade with a stone bridge, clock, wide arched entrance, ornate balconies, spired towers, plus a four-story main building and a five-story, golden-spired main tower, both containing rooms with assorted Disney-inspired features and elements.
  • Castle main building first floor features the main hall with large arched doorway, mosaic floor tiling, ornate chandelier, suits of armor, shield-decorated walls, grandfather clock, floor-standing vase with buildable flower elements, magic carpet and a golden lamp.
  • Castle main building second-floor room features buildable dark-blue curtains with curtain pole, ornate buildable candelabra and rose, and glass case elements.
  • Castle main building third-floor room features a chest with book of spells, mop and bucket elements, and access to the main tower second-floor room.
  • Castle main building fourth-floor bedroom features a detailed bed with decorative golden headboard elements.
  • Main tower first-floor kitchen features a large redbrick-patterned stove, workbench, buildable broom and pumpkin, plus pots, pans and assorted kitchen and food elements.
  • Main tower second-floor room includes a spinning wheel and access to the castle main building third-floor room.
  • Main tower third-floor room features a chest containing brush, scissor and lock of black hair elements, plus a balcony with 2 stud shooters for a firework-display function.
  • Main tower fourth-floor room features a golden mirror, plus red apple and glass vase elements.
  • Main tower fifth-floor room features a window bench and an arched window.
  • Also includes 2 frogs and a golden crown element.
  • Remove part of the roof section to discover the glass slipper element and fairy-tale book element with printed cover.
  • Launch the fireworks and let the magic begin!
  • Combine with other LEGO® minifigure characters for endless adventures!
  • This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 12 and over.
  • This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
  • The Disney Castle measures over 29” (74cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 12” (31cm) deep.

27953843900_e909ea1a4b_b.jpg

28130479542_e5916223e0_b.jpg

27953854580_bca6282bdb_b.jpg

28234548395_bdae8a7e1e_b.jpg

28234520165_b6465547d8_z.jpg?resize=272%27953782980_2a61168ce8_z.jpg?resize=342%

28200669176_46181a6522_z.jpg?resize=277%28156910771_15832eb95a_z.jpg?resize=333%

28200712926_c4f22c341a_z.jpg?resize=625%

28234572545_12ef5233ec_z.jpg?resize=625%
27953814340_9f5ab1b46e_z.jpg?resize=625%

28200690156_4db857b4ce_z.jpg?resize=625%

28156848081_0594be05dd_z.jpg?resize=625%

28234527085_b48f379e6c_z.jpg?resize=625%

28234548815_84503353bb_z.jpg?resize=303%28200722106_43a987d6a5_z.jpg?resize=298%28200723456_0ef1d6bc8e_z.jpg?resize=376%
28200720526_8e574d3ff7_z.jpg?resize=290%28234549265_18f80ed8a2_z.jpg?resize=291%

I don't think they'd make the Disney mascots into costumed minifigures. The Disney Parks are really serious about keeping the magic alive. But one of the castles definitely seems to be the subject matter.

Yes, I'd love to see a castle. Maybe each room will have its own movie theme, and the minifigs that go with it :wub: :wub: By the way, what has been the maximum amount of minifigs that a set has ever had?

Edited by Otherworld

I don't think they'd make the Disney mascots into costumed minifigures. The Disney Parks are really serious about keeping the magic alive. But one of the castles definitely seems to be the subject matter.

What I mean is the coattails Mickey and red dress Minnie, the costumes. Not actual costumed figures.

Hmm, this is interesting. Certainly unexpected. A Disney castle seems like the most reasonable choice, but Lego has surprised us before. I'll be watching this thread with interest. :classic:

Like I said in the CMF thread, I think Goofy will be exclusive to this sets

Because............ LEGO is evil

I have a theory about all of this. We don't have a display case that holds all the minifigures what if this is it a huge Disney castle with sections where you can put all of the minifigures. We get all of the ones we are currently missing like goofy. That's why it says a minifigure d2c

Edited by Falconfan1414

I'm thinking something like A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND but instead of including civilians it would include Classic Disney characters with the Disney castle and a couple of shops.

EDIT: Or rollercoasters

Edited by Rookie875

A castle with princesses would presumably make up for the lack of the TYPICAL princesses in the CMF

Copied from my comment on the Disney CMF thread:

If Goofy is in the D2C, then I would think it could be the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Goofy is the only principle character that would be a fig from the show not in the Disney CMF series. Pluto would plausibly come with this as well. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy all look like how they appear on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show.

That's more a little kid show they would want something that would attract adults or teens with cash

The current show has been on the air for nearly ten years, it began in May 2006. There is a sizable age group of former viewers.

Edited by gedren_y

By the way, what has been the maximum amount of minifigs that a set has ever had?

In a D2C? Death Star had 24 minifigures. Other than that, there's always Chess sets and stuff.

Please be Futurama please be Futurama please be Futurama

Ummmmmmmmm...:sceptic:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Castle, preferably Sleeping Beauty's castle from Disneyland Anaheim (i.e. the original Disneyland), but I'd also be happy with Cinderella's castle from Disneyworld (or really any castle, other than the Shanghai castle since it's not based on any single Disney movie).

If it is a disney d2c then my guess is it'll be snowwhite and the dwarfs. There are too much dwarfs for a cmf series but they are needed for a good representation for snowwhite (disneys first animated long movie in theatres i believe)

I doubt it'll be specifically called Disneyland/world Castle, I think it will be 'Cinderella's Castle' with an exclusive Cinderella minifigure based on the original animated version.

Silver dress and all! I'm just hoping that the (presumably high) price tag will be able to create a decently complete model, whatever it is.

By the way, what has been the maximum amount of minifigs that a set has ever had?

In a D2C? Death Star had 24 minifigures. Other than that, there's always Chess sets and stuff.

They've had Community Workers sets with as many as 31 minifigures, as well.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Why does it say "minifigures" and you are all talking about a set? i am confused.

Why does it say "minifigures" and you are all talking about a set? i am confused.

It's a Minifigures theme set, like Simpsons.

I know it's wishful thinking, but logically, that has zero ties to the minifigures already seen, and I don't think the film has a wide enough audience to sell the set. However, I'm going to be cautious about being excited for a castle, either. The last two D2Cs revealed have been disappointments, and the presumed subject matter would lend itself unfortunately well to a facade-style structure, leaving plenty of room for letdown.