dglacet

[LDD] Apollo Lunar Module

Hi there,

here is a creation made with LDD, the Apollo Lunar Module.

I imported the creation in mecabrick and then exported it to blender to render it.

The creation itself counts 825 bricks and, in my opinion, looks more realistic than the one made by TLC (Lego set 10029) :

24807750770_dc6fc82313_c.jpgRendering test by dorian glacet, sur Flickr

It does look more realistic than TLGs version.. and the render also looks more real than most brick built models.. :blush: Well done indeed!

Are you planning on building it in the brick? And does it fit minifigures? :)

It's built at minifig's scale. I don't know yet if i'll build it in real bricks. I have other projects before, but maybe one day :)

Wow! Great work.I like all the deatils.

First i thought this is brick built model. This really looks realistic.

Sorry, im' not from an english speaking country :)

Yes, you can fit two minifigs inside, but I need to work on it to make something better

Epicness! Love NASA and i've always bee interested in the APOLLO missions especially as my dad tells me stories of seeing the moon landing on television as a kid.

Sorry, im' not from an english speaking country :)

Yes, you can fit two minifigs inside, but I need to work on it to make something better

Absolutely no problem, you didn't misunderstand me language-wise, I just wasn't clear enough about what I meant. ;)

I'd love to see the interior!

That's very good! Would the lower section be more accurate in pearl or metallic gold? You'd have to substitute a few parts and maybe leave some in tan, but I think it's possible - especially for a digital model where you don't have to worry about the rarity of parts. Just a thought.

You're right. In fact, I tried to design something with existing pieces, but in digital, it will be, as you mentionned, more accurate as I can use every color needed. I'll try to update it if i find the time :)

A great looking model, both in terms of its design and how you've rendered it. I like all of the detail on the upper module. Does the upper module detach for the return fight?

nice build ! i remember a friend of my dad having the lego one ,but this one's luch more realistic :) would be interested seeing the interior

TLG should do et like this one, would definitely buy one

yes, i meant this one, i wish i had it as a kid too :) but i'm happy with what i had in those happy days tho

On 19. 2. 2016 at 10:16 AM, dglacet said:

Hi there,

here is a creation made with LDD, the Apollo Lunar Module.

I imported the creation in mecabrick and then exported it to blender to render it.

When sharing a product of someone elses work, you have to give the appropriate credit to the original author. Your post conceive a false impression that you designed the model, while you just simply rendered a model built and shared by my friend Saabfan.

http://www.mecabricks.com/en/models/nKZvmb1QaG6

Not to mention that his model is already built in Mecabrick so I highly doubt you built it in LDD in the first place. Maybe you didn't want to do any harm but people here in comments praise you for something you haven't done, which makes me sick.

I also encourage everyone to do at least a quick research before they acknowledge some creation shared here as original. Especially since there is a superb quality model in apparently low quality post from new and unrecognised member. Such instances of disclaimed credits only discourage tallented builders from sharing their designs freely.