Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Ya know, been an avid reader of Eurobricks for a good while, never had any real intention of creating a user account (was happy reading the set rumours, and the discussions in the background ), I'm an AFOL and I would say most of my interest would be in Star Wars sets, big fan of the film franchise and can instantly relate to the LEGO sets from it.

But I just had to sign up and comment on this, this is without doubt one of the best LEGO sets I have seen, now I don't watch the Ninjago TV show, nor do I have any real interest in the film, but my goodness the LEGO Ninjago theme produces some outstanding and beautiful looking sets.  I actually think I'm more excited for these Ninjago sets than the up coming Star Wars ones.

I already have the temple of Airjitzu, and I shall be adding the Destiny Bounty, and this Ninjago City set to my small but fantastic looking Ninjago collection.

Also someone commented a couple pages back on how it looks like a scene from Blade Runner, and yeah it totally does, you could easily modify this set to have a more of a blade runner type look to it.

But yes fantastic looking set, and looks like it will be a lot of fun to build, now just need to come up with a good excuse for my other half when I buy this, so she wont flip out at me..

I prefer the Temple of Airjitzu - this one looks too disjointed for me - although I acknowledge that there are some interesting build techniques and I do like the lower level with the canal.

Are there any guesses on who is designer of that set? I think Marcos Bessa, but some techniques are similar to Jaime Berard...

45 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Are there any guesses on who is designer of that set? I think Marcos Bessa, but some techniques are similar to Jaime Berard...

Who did the Temple of Airjitzu? There are a lot of similar styles going on in this set.

Also, add me to the list of non-Ninjago fans who just has to get this.

Just now, archieg said:

Who did the Temple of Airjitzu? There are a lot of similar styles going on in this set.

Also, add me to the list of non-Ninjago fans who just has to get this.

Adrian Florea, but I highly doubt that he created this set. It is more like AFOL MOC rather than lego set, and also there are several building techniques that fits on Jaime or Marcos... 

Not into Ninjago but loving this set as well (and the olive green mecha dragon). As a Modular/Creator fan I have to humbly admit that this is the best building I've seen as an official set, beating Assembly Square by far and much more creative than Disney Castle. It could even been tagged UCS above Battle on Hoth!!

For those planning to use as a modular, notice that it is not built on baseplates as all modulars but on black plates tiled with trans-blue and green. There are no black 32x32 baseplates in bricklink although blue or grey might work

Floor plan seems 32 x 32 studs, which is the modular standard despite the lego product page states  31cm width x 42 depth but it is taking into account the bonsai, signs and other extensions from the baseplate.

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

What orange parts are these? Too thin to be radar dishes.

-

I think they are the same as the straw hat in orange just like the one on the left mannequin.

17 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

Not into Ninjago but loving this set as well (and the olive green mecha dragon). As a Modular/Creator fan I have to humbly admit that this is the best building I've seen as an official set, beating Assembly Square by far and much more creative than Disney Castle. It could even been tagged UCS above Battle on Hoth!!

For those planning to use as a modular, notice that it is not built on baseplates as all modulars but on black plates tiled with trans-blue and green. There are no black 32x32 baseplates in bricklink although blue or grey might work

Floor plan seems 32 x 32 studs, which is the modular standard despite the lego product page states  31cm width x 42 depth but it is taking into account the bonsai, signs and other extensions from the baseplate.

The whole build stands on dark bluish grey 32x32 baseplate. Those black plates under water are here only to higlight that dark sewer water...

Oh my. This is stunning. I didn't expect this. This looks too good to be a Ninjago set. But nonetheless I am very happy. (My wallet may disagree though...)

What an enormous amount of minifigures and what amazing detailing. The already mentioned crowboars roof is simply brilliant! And theres is so much more here.

57 minutes ago, makoy said:

I think they are the same as the straw hat in orange just like the one on the left mannequin.

Yeah I just realized, I'm so dumb haha.

I can't afford to spend $600 on this... but man... my heart aches on the thought of missing out on this (plus it [almost definitely] won't be rereleased).

According to the Yahoo artical linked from the front page of Brickset the designers are Nicolaas Vás and Christopher Leslie Stamp.

And they did an A M A Z I N G job!!

Edited by Boettner Builds

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yeah I just realized, I'm so dumb haha.

I can't afford to spend $600 on this... but man... my heart aches on the thought of missing out on this (plus it [almost definitely] won't be rereleased).

Its actually $300

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

Its actually $300

$600 in New Zealand. :cry_sad:

Welcome to the land where you pay $900 for a Death Star :def_shrug:

By the way, you can decode the Ninjago language from "Shadow of Ronin", no?

70620_alt11.jpg?w=768

2 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Oh! I am sorry to hear that... But you can buy it elswhere cant you?

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

By the way, you can decode the Ninjago language from "Shadow of Ronin", no?

-

Text in yellow: Shadow of Ronin

Text in red: Ninjago

20 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Can someone try the tiles-in-transparent-brick and tell me if the tiles drop in easily or have to be forced in?

I tried it and it slides in and out quite well

(before anyone prank me, yes that's what she said)

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

Oh! I am sorry to hear that... But you can buy it elswhere cant you?

We used to be able to buy from Amazon but they stopped shipping LEGO worldwide. Would gladly pay $300 for this :sceptic:

Just now, makoy said:

I tried it and it slides in and out quite well

(before anyone prank me, yes that's what she said)

What I love about this set is the William Gibson vibe.  I have always wanted to do a build that is based on his cities.

The Dragon looks so odd from certain angles.. but awesome nonetheless. Will just get that and the temple..

...how much would getting this entire wave cost, Ninjago city included??