Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

DC2ISiZW0AQ-jLM.jpg

Can we please take a minute to acknowledge this minifigure with a Galidor t-shirt

like seriously I am in absolute disbelief here oh my god I need this

18 minutes ago, AyliffeMakit said:

DC2ISiZW0AQ-jLM.jpg

Can we please take a minute to acknowledge this minifigure with a Galidor t-shirt

like seriously I am in absolute disbelief here oh my god I need this

Isn't that guy the "Mother of Doomsday" comic book seller from the TV Show?

Just now, Tahu said:

Isn't that guy the "Mother of Doomsday" comic book seller from the TV Show?

Yes

In other news, I just got a new job to pay off the debt I'm going to have after buying most of this wave. 

Also is seems kinda lame the Modular set doesn't have all 6 Ninja. That's the one fall back, but I'm curious of some of the names of the figures. 

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago
Added Info

This set is so totally awesome!! I love this Island Xtreme Stunts logo on it, the Galidor tee shirt, and the Rocket Racer logo!!!

Sooo.. I don't collect Ninjago, but I am all over these Ninjago Movie sets. The Ninjago City set is just incredible! This will be so much fun to build!

Misako doesn't seem too much different from her tv show version. Also... RONIN IS ON A POSTER!

Like the use of Sabine's hair in green for a plant! And is that a scarf I spy? That's new, right? 

So many huge sets, so much money..

It's gonna cost me, but one way or another I'm getting this and the temple. 

I hope the ninja get regular outfits for their CMFs. Although Kai, Nya and Lloyd already have some..

That one lady, is her orange hairpiece new?

Edited by Boogly22238

Dang, this set is just crazy! The only thing bugging me right now is some of the civilians have standard city torsos.

Woah. That's a lot of unusual building techniques.

But the one that especially caught my attention is this on the right side of the cash machine. Are those orange circular tiles stuck inside that transparent block? I don't think we've ever seen something such as this before.

70620_alt06.jpg

Guys...

Guys...

Guys...

Its a modular building that has Lego Racers, Island Extreme Stunts, and Galidor references. It's got an industrial elevator at its core, and it's got a comic shop, a conveyor belt sushi bar, and a working ATM and movie theater signs (including one that reference Shadow of Ronin.

GUYS...

Also, apparently the brown haired lady is a woman by the name of Misako, whom of which LEGO directly refers to as Lloyd's Mom.

It's the August Early Access set, and its $300 in the US.

I'm so excited about this wave of Ninjago sets, I could, quite literally, explode.

Edited by Penkid11

Love the inclusion of Mother Doomsday, and that Galidor shirt is amazing!

I also see Ronin makes a cameo appearance, which is great.

so many great building techniques here (those crowbars!)

The description says they Galidor guy is Mother Doomsday, and that the rice-hatted guy is a Jamanikai Villager.

So, yeah, there are show references.

Also, it says something about casual wear for Jay as well. Not to mention a character named "Ivy Walker," who I assume would technically be Jay's sister.

Wow...that's an amazing set. At a decent price, too, even though a lot of the piece count seems swallowed up in 1x2 trans-light-blue tiles.

Problem is, it's still a very high price, which makes it a no-go for me.

Also, it looks like the Ronan poster (the dark red thing in the lower left) has a Lego logo at the top; how perfectly meta.

This set is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. Not what I was expecting from a "city" build but it looks perfect. I think I'll skip the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon set to get this!