Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

It's not 2012 anymore but I was watching Luke Cage and noticed Jay ZX in the background. 

yJaYO17.png 

So far I like three of the sets, vermillion trap, dragon wrought and disastrous dusk, from the blurry pictures of the vermillion I saw, it looks like their demon samurai, then the other villains are snakes, a medusa with snakes attached, a big medusa like snake man with a samurai helmet, a giant version of that snake man with the hands of time attached and two rogue ninja controlling it.

So I've been hunting around for the x cave, and TrU is the only place that is selling it. I went in yesterday and it has a 20% discount off. If it wasn't rent paying month I would have purchased the hell out of it. Feel like crying

7 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

So far I like three of the sets, vermillion trap, dragon wrought and disastrous dusk, from the blurry pictures of the vermillion I saw, it looks like their demon samurai, then the other villains are snakes, a medusa with snakes attached, a big medusa like snake man with a samurai helmet, a giant version of that snake man with the hands of time attached and two rogue ninja controlling it.

Demon samurai? I thought they were also snake worshipers.

I do like the Vermillion Trap, and how it has 2 vermillion. Lloyd and Cole also have really good outfits so I'll get them as well. Jay and Nya look really nice but the sets they're in don't really interest me (the blacksmith isn't really amazing to me...) Also, I just realized, Cole's exclusive to Destiny's Bounty Jr.

Edited by gamejutzu

14 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

It's not 2012 anymore but I was watching Luke Cage and noticed Jay ZX in the background. 

-snip- 

Can't believe you spotted that! *huh* Cool, thanks for sharing!

11 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Long time no see, Cogg, welcome back! :classic:

I'm looking forward to these sets, all the villains and the ninja are looking great so far and I have a feeling that big, threaded dual-catapult vehicle is actully pretty cool. I don't think these are demon samurai, though.

Theory time: Now, my guess is that the red guys are Fangpyre-Stone Warrior hybrids, the orange-ish guy in the Jay bike set is a Constrictai hybrid. This makes perfect sense considering that the Serpentine got locked up in the Stone Army Tomb and that the theme of powers is 'fusion'. No clue who those black rogue ninja could be, though.

Edited by Exetrius

10 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Theory time: Now, my guess is that the red guys are Fangpyre-Stone Warrior hybrids, the orange-ish guy in the Jay bike set is a Constrictai hybrid. This makes perfect sense considering that the Serpentine got locked up in the Stone Army Tomb and that the theme of powers is 'fusion'. No clue who those black rogue ninja could be, though.

Nah, Stone Army was created by the Overlord using some kind of dark magic or evil power. The tomb doesn't really have anything to do with that besides being indestructible itself. If the Vermillion (that's their name, right?) are tied up with the normal Serpentine I think it's more likely they're their creators.

Definitely late to the party  on this, but is that Kai and Nya's parents in one of the prelims?

5 hours ago, Mandate said:

Definitely late to the party  on this, but is that Kai and Nya's parents in one of the prelims?

Don't you mean both? What prelim are you looking at?

9 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Whoops..

The Vermillion helmet!  Looks cool.  It looks like it doesn't extend down too far on the head and that the bottom edge might terminate just below the mini-fig's mouth.  It's a different and interesting design from the other samurai type helmets.  It's also wedge-shaped which looks to be a theme that carries in the various vehicles that the Vermillion have in this wave.  Thanks for sharing this Sci.

I'm curious to see if we get any Ninjago set/TV show/movie information at NYCC this week.  I expect that TLBM will be featured, but although Lego has focused on single themes the last couple of years (Nexo Knights in 2015 and Bionicle in 2014) they have shown multiple lines of sets in the past.

That helmet is pretty gnarly.. either these are Serpentine or they are demons/people who worship snakes.. or snake samurai? I was right??

So those pointy things on the helmet are snakes... Wish they have added a clip like the samurai helmet.

Hope to see better images of the sets soon.

1 hour ago, Boogly22238 said:

That helmet is pretty gnarly.. either these are Serpentine or they are demons/people who worship snakes.. or snake samurai? I was right??

They're humans, or human hybrids.

I like the helmets cant wait to see the printing for the heads and bodies

That's a really detailed helmet. It seems Lego isn't skimping on new molds for Ninjago sets, which makes sense, considering it's their bestseller. Really curious to see final pictures of Vermillion minifigures to see what they look like!

Looks pretty neat. This is most certainly the weirdest wave we've had in a while, and I like that.

2 hours ago, amazingbricks said:

New picture of 2017 Jay! I love how dark blue is the dominant color, it looks phenomenal :wub:

Yeah, I'm super hyped for the Fusion gi... They look really stellar compared to the current throwback outfits.

2 hours ago, amazingbricks said:

New picture of 2017 Jay! I love how dark blue is the dominant color, it looks phenomenal :wub:

0.jay.JPG

Any idea where the image was found?

7 minutes ago, Mandate said:

Any idea where the image was found?

It's on the cover of a DotD book featuring Pythor. I believe it was an error and the book probably just used the latest suit design in development instead of the current ones.

Edited by legozebra