Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Just now, LEGORACER1 said:

What is it?

It's Garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON!, the set to be released next winter

Edited by Robert8

Just now, LEGORACER1 said:

What is it?

That's the garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! set.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by GentlemanJoker

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

That's Garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! 

1 minute ago, GentlemanJoker said:

That's the garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! set.

Edit: Ninja'd

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

It's Garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON!, the set to be released next winter

Thanks I got it. :hmpf_bad:

I think the set is pretty cool, Too bad its $80 though, that could have gotten rid of the hotdog stand and made the set cheaper. 

I like the shark portion of the build. I can see that the hot dog vendor and the gal are stand-ins, but are the rest finalized? That's a ridiculous amount of reuse if they are.

I think the set overall is cool imo, a little small but cool I really like the leg build though 

I failed to get the minifigures, only Batman and series 16, even in the back. The new set looks cool, figures aren't finished though,

I went to Target to get the minifigure series and failed. I got a very helpful employee who went to the back but couldn't find them. She didn't tell me they were getting a shipment tomorrow though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by Knafstuds

50 minutes ago, GentlemanJoker said:

dscf4235-1500499120708.jpg

So the green ninja mech dragon set is gonna be the only set that comes with garmadon's cloak-cape thing?

Whoooo, that set is awesome! Don't know if i will buy it, but its tempting!! I like the hotdog stand too, Might have to build one once the instructions are released

That's a lot of technic in those legs. I bet the shark mech can stand up quite a bit taller than he's on display at SDCC.

It looks a little small. Cool, but small. The legs look interesting, to add onto that.

39 minutes ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

So the green ninja mech dragon set is gonna be the only set that comes with garmadon's cloak-cape thing?

Seems like it. Atleast it's just $50, a rather reasonable price

1 hour ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

That little cloth jinbaori does add a lot to his look, doesn't it?

Just now, K_Tiger said:

That little cloth jinbaori does add a lot to his look, doesn't it?

It really does. He still looks good without it, just not as good. 

I think that the set looks good. Not too scaled down at all. It's a shame about the cape for garmadon though.

the Garmageddon (3x) looks great to me. The hotdog stand as well. A big buildable shark on chicken legs. Who doesnt love that. 

oh my what an excellent build and surprisingly another hot dog guy and food cart which I don't mind at all , and I can clearly see the legs do expand with all those technic pieces

seriously ill be buying every single set when they come out over here

These sets are really cool, I especially like the Destiny's Bounty, Master Falls and the City Chase sets (and of course the Ninjago City :wub:). I think Garmadon's sea-life bombers, walkers, jellyfishes and henchmen would be great for the Supervillain Black Manta with the change of the goons heads from yellow to licensed. 

12 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Official Lego Stores will always adhere to the streetdate, as they are directly connected to Lego. People directly connected to the company can lose their jobs for leaked sets (which are what sets sold before street dates are, technically).

You want them to risk their job, basically, because you can't wait 11 days. You and I will both survive...

...maybe...

On another note, I'm really excited for a new trailer! Also I hope that Garmadon, Garmadon!, GARMADON!! isn't the only 2018 set at the show, but I'll be content nonetheless.

excuse me I have great patience so it would be truly unwise to say otherwise although it makes me wonder why doesn't the lego group really crack down on the sellers of the leaked sets maybe prosecute them or something

12 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

-snip-

Little smaller than i would have liked, but i can definitely see this working in regards to the idea that Lego fish fans could turn this into a fairly organic looking shark with fairly minor changes to the build.

In regards to the sets so far - may end up getting most the mech's and maybe the Destiny's Bounty. Interested to see about potentially combining the mech's together.

27 minutes ago, TheGlynreaper said:

excuse me I have great patience so it would be truly unwise to say otherwise although it makes me wonder why doesn't the lego group really crack down on the sellers of the leaked sets maybe prosecute them or something

Not only would it be exceptionally challenging to track down all individuals who broke street dates, prosecution would be pretty disproportionate and could sour Lego's relationship with their employers (who are generally large retail partners of Lego). Much safer to rely on those retail partners to take responsibility for their own employees.