Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Nice to know that all of the hair pieces for the ninja are available in the CMF series, besides Cole's usual one, which is also available in an activity book, so no worries there I guess. 

I just hope Kai's high school clothes will be available in a cheaper, later wave set. Jay, Cole, Lloyd and Zane have their's in the CMF and Lloyd and Nya have their's in a $20 set. I want Ninjago City, but we'll see what my wallet says. 

What I love about Ninjago and other lego-source-IPs like the Lego Movie: more varieties of yellow-skin lego citizens. It was due to the LEGO movie that we have city dwellers sporting fabuland and blacktron t-shirts. Ninjago City has so many cute city characters, but I may also pick up the City Chase set. Look how cute Mia's clothes are:

35179912092_74e2fae31a.jpg

18 minutes ago, badbob001 said:

What I love about Ninjago and other lego-source-IPs like the Lego Movie: more varieties of yellow-skin lego citizens. It was due to the LEGO movie that we have city dwellers sporting fabuland and blacktron t-shirts. Ninjago City has so many cute city characters, but I may also pick up the City Chase set. Look how cute Mia's clothes are:

I do love all the casual clothing! Do you mean Nya?

26 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah I think so. And I ADORE Nya's torso print.

Perhaps this has been figured out a long time ago, but does Nya use TLBM Barbara Gordon's hairpiece in black?

31 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps this has been figured out a long time ago, but does Nya use TLBM Barbara Gordon's hairpiece in black?

No, It's a different piece.

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Yeah I think so. And I ADORE Nya's torso print.

I love her leg piece! I love the detail on it, very useful for a sig fig I suppose although Dick Grayson's leg piece in TLBM will probably do better

On 6/22/2017 at 9:58 PM, Blazej_Holen said:

How so? Foot print is 32x32 it all stands on dark bley baseplate, and it has pin conectors on the sides, so...? :)

I didn't see pin connectors. My friend also showed me on LEGO Facebook page that someone asked the same question & they replied back saying that it can't connect to other modulars. It needs to be modified is what they wrote back.

Just like in the modulars the bricks with holes are placed nine studs from the edge of the baseplate and with 10 studs between them. On another picture I even saw the connectors are present in the set.

It looks like the bricks with holes are placed directly on the baseplate, so I guess it's possible to connect the set with the modulars.

On the other hand, there would be no continuity of the modular sidewalk and the water level will be above the sidewalk level due to the black bricks under the water tiles.

I really like the set, but I don't know how it could fit next to the modulars due to these restrictions. It doesn't look this is ment to be a standalone set due to the modular aspects. Could we expect a new line of modular buildings within this theme?

LEGO-70620-Ninjago-City-Modular-Compatib

3 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

Just like in the modulars the bricks with holes are placed nine studs from the edge of the baseplate and with 10 studs between them. On another picture I even saw the connectors are present in the set.

It looks like the bricks with holes are placed directly on the baseplate, so I guess it's possible to connect the set with the modulars.

On the other hand, there would be no continuity of the modular sidewalk and the water level will be above the sidewalk level due to the black bricks under the water tiles.

I really like the set, but I don't know how it could fit next to the modulars due to these restrictions. It doesn't look this is ment to be a standalone set due to the modular aspects. Could we expect a new line of modular buildings within this theme?

LEGO-70620-Ninjago-City-Modular-Compatib

I don't think it will look good on other modulars, but the pinholes come in very handy if you want to expand the ninjago city. That way you already have a place to connect it. Good work lego. 

Regarding what @Wesley D asked about a new modular line, it could just be that it has been designed that way to attach to others' more fitting custom modular MOCs. Maybe I'd be surprised, but this modular does not seem like it would flesh well with the Creator line, so maybe we could see more fitting modulars introduced in other themes.

Interestingly, @just2good said recently to expect some sort DC D2C next year, leading some to speculate that it could be a TLBM Gotham City modular in line with the Ninjago City one. If that is the case, perhaps we could see a succession of Lego Cinematic Universe modulars done for future movies, such as 2019's TLM2 and The Billion Brick Race. :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, Wesley D said:

I think these pins are less to connect with future sets and more to connect with ITSELF. Like the Café Corner before the release of subsequent modulars, you could pair four of these to form a complete "block" (also explaining the pin holes on the second level, probably to provide a bit more stability for a model this size). Of course, I doubt many people will have the kind of disposable income necessary to get four of a set this size...

11 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I think these pins are less to connect with future sets and more to connect with ITSELF. Like the Café Corner before the release of subsequent modulars, you could pair four of these to form a complete "block" (also explaining the pin holes on the second level, probably to provide a bit more stability for a model this size). Of course, I doubt many people will have the kind of disposable income necessary to get four of a set this size...

Would be cool if that is the option because that would sell me on buying 4 of these. But then you must mirror build 2 of the sets so it would be nice if they included instructions for that (it's not that hard, but 4800+ pieces is a lot). I hope they make more Ninjago 'modulars' in the future as a yearly D2C, but I don't know how likely that is. 

5 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Would be cool if that is the option because that would sell me on buying 4 of these. But then you must mirror build 2 of the sets so it would be nice if they included instructions for that (it's not that hard, but 4800+ pieces is a lot). I hope they make more Ninjago 'modulars' in the future as a yearly D2C, but I don't know how likely that is. 

Don't think you'd need to mirror them—it has pin holes on two sides, like most modular corner buildings, so mirroring shouldn't be necessary unless you wanted to make them symmetrical for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Don't think you'd need to mirror them—it has pin holes on two sides, like most modular corner buildings, so mirroring shouldn't be necessary unless you wanted to make them symmetrical for some reason.

But if you want them (4 Ninjago City) to be symmetrical you have to mirror two. Otherwise the comic store side would be next to the cinema. 

3 hours ago, Wesley D said:

There is a rumored Batman Movie D2C for January. If that's true, it could be Wayne Manor which could connect to this Ninjago City. Maybe all the Lego movie D2Cs will now connect together? 

54 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There is a rumored Batman Movie D2C for January. If that's true, it could be Wayne Manor which could connect to this Ninjago City. Maybe all the Lego movie D2Cs will now connect together? 

Now how do we attach Metal Beard's Sea Cow? :sweet:

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

But if you want them (4 Ninjago City) to be symmetrical you have to mirror two. Otherwise the comic store side would be next to the cinema. 

Would that be a problem? I don't really see why having those two next to each other would pose any issues—the walkway should still be continuous either way. I suppose if you really want symmetry you could try mirroring one, but given the overall lack of symmetry in the set's overall design I don't see why that'd really be necessary.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Would that be a problem? I don't really see why having those two next to each other would pose any issues—the walkway should still be continuous either way. I suppose if you really want symmetry you could try mirroring one, but given the overall lack of symmetry in the set's overall design I don't see why that'd really be necessary.

Just personal prefference I assume. I will never buy something with the value of over 1200€ and then make it a-symmetrical because the walkway is continious anyway. If you do it, do it the right way imo. 

6 hours ago, Wesley D said:

I'm thinking the city might look great displayed next to the Temple of Airjitsu. Also, looking forward to see some super urban acropolis MOCs inspired by this Ninjago City set.

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Oh. Please, can we finally get Emmets Apartment as an official Set? 

15 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yes, I meant Nya. My kids are more involved with the sets and show than I am. Normally Ninjago sets are not so well made and favor toward action elements, but it seems like any set associated with a movie seem to get extra special attention and budget for the design.

I wasn't going to pick up the Temple of Airjitzu, but I have now since I can see how the water elements of that set can complement Ninjago City. I can probably add to this scene the Old Fishing Store and the Fun at the Beach sets.

On 2017-6-23 at 7:27 PM, Borex said:

I'd like to know if the octopus guy has a seperate headpiece or if it's also moulded to his armour suit. And if it would look good without the armour. 

I was hoping it might be separate, but I have a bad feeling that it's a single dual-moulded piece. I zoomed in on the picture and the highly graduated pixellation from the dark orange of the octopus head to the pearl dark bley of the armour's right pauldron suggests it's one piece. Also, if they could be separated, the octopus head without the armour would sit oddly high with quite some space between it and the shoulders. I'm not saying separate pieces is impossible, just unlikely.      

Edited by AmperZand