Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

@npgcole I think it's absolutely this piece. I'm seeing people on other sites claiming that the torso will be perfect for children, but apparently they have no concept of how a second torso attaches to a minifig neck. 

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Sadly, it seems now LEGO thinks an exclusive face print is worth a spot in the CMF line, like Sensei Wu and Ninja Lloyd

In fairness, the original LEGO Movie series also had plenty of figs with little to no difference from the "normal" versions, like Hard Hat Emmet, President Business, and Scribble Face Bad Cop. It seems to be a common trait of the movie series. In some cases I think LEGO just wants to include an iconic version of those characters in the blind bags without shoehorning major costume changes into the movie proper. That doesn't necessarily explain this set having two Lloyds, but I doubt a whole lot of kids are as picky about that kind of thing as we are.

1 hour ago, npgcole said:

I think Garmadon's unarmoured upper torso piece might be this piece backwards, with the arms facing the other way. You can see the ridges on the back, especially on Volcano Garmadon.

I would say yes but I was ( seemingly ) wrong last time but anyway I still will say yes anyway cause it is, it really is, isn't it.

I think Volcano Garmadon is my favorite of these, but I wonder how the back ridges will look in person.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

The Angler fish army girl headpiece has a different colour than the angler fish army dude by the way. For sci-fi people interesting as they can use them as alien species? That's what i want to do with them anyway. Also why do they use the normal gray fish instead of the lightblue ones? 

I count four dualmoulded legs: professor batgirl, n-pop, guitar dude, sushi chef. And only garmadon has dualmoulded arms (but you get 4 lol). 

I'd like to know if the octopus guy has a seperate headpiece or if it's also moulded to his armour suit. And if it would look good without the armour. 

At this moment i want: zane (for his cool sweater and hairdo), angler girl, n-pop girl,  guitar rocker, sushi chef, lloyd with hoodie and superb bowl and pj garmadon

and maybe the professor (what is she carrying around? A laptop computer?), tourist garmadon, the shark general and maybe the octopus dude. 

Welcome @rodiziorobs

Also thanks to @Jurik reminding me that I forgot to add "V"

Special mention to @LegendsOfNinjago because he also did a script/character mapping on paper although no one seemed to notice it except me.

"Ninjagan alphabet" updated -- only Q, X and Z remain undeciphered.

1 hour ago, 8BrickMario said:

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the armor is just part of the second torso mold, so it's not removable. General Kozu had something similar. So there are two mini-torso parts in this line- armored, and "standard". 

I see, yes, that was what I had assumed.

14 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

How so? Foot print is 32x32 it all stands on dark bley baseplate, and it has pin conectors on the sides, so...? :)

Not only that. The pin connectors are in exactly the right location for them to connect. That can be no coincidence, right?

What happened?

A few days ago I checked in and this thread was at 87 pages. Now at 102...

lol

Who's gonna sell a kidney?

11 minutes ago, horizon said:

Actually, after seeing the prices for the sets in that article about Garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON!!! I don't think I'll need to (famous last words).

Simply put: The Fire Mech has nearly 1,000 pieces in it... it's only $70. I was expecting at least having to spend $90 on it.

In fact this is quite a trend among the entire wave, NINJAGO City merely being the pinnacle. I'm gonna feel like a thief as long these prices don't end up like the Ultimate BatMobile and get changed the last minute.

Edited by Penkid11

Omg 3 versions of Garmadon in CMF?! Love that staff he has, but the best one is definitely flashback Garmadon with that hair and sunglasses! The rest of minifigures look great as well: dopey Zane, badasss Cole, cool Shark soldiers! Though kendo Kai and repeat ninja Lloyd are unnecessary in my opinion.

Overall great line of minifigures, will probably buy 15 out of 20 characters.

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

I like what I see in this series. Only ones I dont like or see any good use for are Burnt Shark baddie, Flanders Garmadon, both Lloyds (except that bowl), Nya, Kai, Wu and Geek Squad chick. Everything else is good as is or as parts. Surprised that a variant of Cole isnt included though.

A Cole variant is included. 

2 hours ago, horizon said:

lol

Not this guy!!! But I will tell you this: my next few months of LEGO budget is going to be spent 100% on a theme I don't collect!!! :) 

And I'm going to try my best to not buy 2 of Ninjago City!!

Edited by Boettner Builds

6 hours ago, jhuyser said:

Is it me or is the image on Lord Garmadons tile the 2008 volcano base from the Agents theme? Also love the Unikitty shirt.

It's the wrong colors, but the design is similar.

Love the N-Pop Girl's hair and shirt. Is Ugly Christmas Sweater Zane's hair a different color than in the set? The picture of him from the Temple set, his hair looks pretty defiantly Tan, but the CMF looks White? Is AC/DC Cole's hair the same as the Temple set? Dunno.

7 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

It's the wrong colors, but the design is similar.

Love the N-Pop Girl's hair and shirt. Is Ugly Christmas Sweater Zane's hair a different color than in the set? The picture of him from the Temple set, his hair looks pretty defiantly Tan, but the CMF looks White? Is AC/DC Cole's hair the same as the Temple set? Dunno.

Cole has a different hair piece in the CMF series. Zane's looks to be white in the temple set as well. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Cole? AC-DC? YESSS!!!

Also excited that I'll be able to get Lloyd in his Ninja outfit and a generic Garmardon. Also excited for the rocker!

The first half CMF reveal had none I was interested in. The second half reveal had Kendo Kai, Zane, a Shark soldier to make Metal Gear Solid Snake, maybe ninja Lloyd.

The series has its ups and downs, but doesn't every series? I don't know though, this series isn't looking that great right now. I'm definitely not getting all of them, and that's a shame as I have been collecting them all since a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'll get a few and there's still some really detailed minifigures in this series. But, it didn't live up to my expectations. 

I must say...

Ninjago City looks most impressive. It's capable of bringing me along the Ninjago-Movie line. Its got that mix of styles similar to what they did with the Lego Movie

then of course, another notable thing is the touch of new and clever building techniques, which pops up around the model, when you look close enough. The Piece count seems fair for such a large set. The model has depth and a lot of story telling, and god oh god, so MANY nerdy details. A great display piece, but even more a great PLAY piece! 

Last but not least - what a great (and obvious) idea to fit the modular into other building themes

What about those battery indicators on the shark army goons armour? Why is the one on this guy ...71019-02.jpg

... low? Is he overheating and does this happen to all the goons when they go low on power?

I wonder why Flashback Garmadon doesn't have the I'm Ninjago's No1 dad cup.

Gonna be tricky to find the right Garmadon you want in this series with there being 3 of them. I guess since each of them don't share a head piece. That might help narrow it down.

20 minutes ago, Takanuinuva said:

I wonder why Flashback Garmadon doesn't have the I'm Ninjago's No1 dad cup.

Gonna be tricky to find the right Garmadon you want in this series with there being 3 of them. I guess since each of them don't share a head piece. That might help narrow it down.

Their accessories will help- 2x2 tile for Flashback, long rod for regular, and a bowl for Volcano. 

My local sainsbury's sorts them out for you. So all of one minifigure appears grouped together on the side of the shelves. For the batman series I just bought every third pack and got no repeats because of this ordering that they do. Not sure if it's intentional though.

Edited by LegoShroom

huh, so now there are 2 versions of the NInjago alphabet? :laugh_hard:

The CMF line is disappointing because it reuses too many figures from the sets, as if the Ninjago series and setting doesn't have good material for a CMF... I like every figure there that isn't a repeat.

Zane's tank is a must buy for me, I really like the build, plus it's about time Lego made a landmaster... An additional Ninja should have been included at the expense of a civilian though.