Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Wow. I'd assumed this would be the first CMF series I might have skipped, but there are some seriously great figures and amazing new parts ( especially the octopus/angler fish headpieces and the new bowls and hair)

1 hour ago, npgcole said:

I submit, It just looked like it went to thin at the right (her left)

Also, GIT on the scientist really lego couldn't they do it in the Ninjago alphabet at least, I get that it's the Gotham Institute of technology but still...

Interesting minifigures this time around.  More generic, and less that I want.

But here are a few pieces I wouldn't mind adding to my collection:

The pink and blue hair from the Unikitty girl.
The sword, tassel, and hair from Lloyd (although I could probably get them in a set).
The black hat from Garmadon (and I'm trying to figure out how the armor is done).
The helmet and pants of Kai (and maybe the torso, can't really see it).
The weapon and angler head from the Angler guy.
The hair from Cole.
The backpack from Zane.
The octopus head from the Octopus guy (maybe, depends on whether it fits over or connects to armor).

The Batman scientist and Father's Day Garmadon are the only ones I'm not really interested in.  Most of these minifigures I'll probably pass on and buy up parts from BrickLink.  I may buy Kai, despite not liking the minifigure as a whole.  He seems to have the most useful pieces overall.

Edited by x105Black

The aliens on Zane his shirt are from those lego alien conquerors that fit on minifigheads. 

I must say i like this series. I want certainly a few. 

Well.... this is not good. 

I think I'll get Sushi Chef and N Pop Girl. And that's it.

For me, one of the worst CMFs series

Is it me or is the image on Lord Garmadons tile the 2008 volcano base from the Agents theme? Also love the Unikitty shirt.

Edited by jhuyser

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Are the figures going to be same price as batman series, cause series 17 went back down to old price, at least in canada

It didn't everywhere.:cry_sad:

But It's still kind of licensed so Maybe.

I love the N-Pop Girl, and I have no idea why. It's just so perfectly pastel, and the fact that Ninjago-Pop is its own genre is a great little touch of worldbuilding. I'm assuming the GPL tech is a Gotham native from the LEGO Batman Movie world? 

Besides her, though, I'm not seeing any others I have to have, but the bowl pieces and new hair elements might make it worthwhile to pick up some more.

Interesting set revelation here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-lego-group-announces-building-sets-based-on-the-lego-ninjago-movie-300478725.html

"Available December 1

• garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! – fans help Lloyd save hotdog guy and braces girl from the Garmadon Shark Mech, which features two opening cockpits, snapping jaws, posable legs and feet and two spring-loaded shooters. Available exclusively at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide. ($79.99)"

Shark Mech from the trailer?

Just now, TheBrickPal said:

Interesting set revelation here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-lego-group-announces-building-sets-based-on-the-lego-ninjago-movie-300478725.html

"Available December 1

• garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! – fans help Lloyd save hotdog guy and braces girl from the Garmadon Shark Mech, which features two opening cockpits, snapping jaws, posable legs and feet and two spring-loaded shooters. Available exclusively at Toys"R"Us stores nationwide. ($79.99)"

I hope so. That and Cole's Mech were the highlights of the trailer.

I think the collectible series for Ninjago is really good, even if you didn't know it was Ninjago it would have been good. 

Edited by LegoDakin

19 minutes ago, jhuyser said:

Is it me or is the image on Lord Garmadons tile the 2008 volcano base from the Agents theme?

Not sure about the Agents theme connection, but the faux-kanji script at the bottom says "HOME" (thanks @makoy for decoding the script).

1 hour ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

But if she's from Gotham, why is she yellow?

Oh my god, you can't just ask someone why they're yellow. :tongue:

I like a lot of these CMFs, maybe not all - not convinced we need three versions of Garmadon, for instance - but I will be sure to pick up quite a few of them. I am also surprised there is no bride or groom - I thought for sure considering their prominence in the trailer that they would show up somewhere, at least here if not in a set. But I suppose they could be saving them for a set in a future wave.

3 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Oh my god, you can't just ask someone why they're yellow. :tongue:

Dying ???, 

I, for one, am very excited to get my hands on this CMF series. There hasn't been a Lego Movie (out of the two) that I haven't bought all of them from and this is no exception. I may even buy multiple of some...LEGO is killing it with this Theme (in a good way). The last 3 days of reveals have gotten me so pumped for September

31 minutes ago, TheBrickPal said:

"Available December 1

After Ninjago City this is my most wanted set. And Hot Dog guy from the trailer is included. Probably the Baby referenced in the title as well.

Notice the press release mentions 15 sets and Yahoo!'s exclusive said 18 were in the works. Sounds like Wave 2 next year.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

The black hat from Garmadon (and I'm trying to figure out how the armor is done).

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the armor is just part of the second torso mold, so it's not removable. General Kozu had something similar. So there are two mini-torso parts in this line- armored, and "standard". 

I like what I see in this series. Only ones I dont like or see any good use for are Burnt Shark baddie, Flanders Garmadon, both Lloyds (except that bowl), Nya, Kai, Wu and Geek Squad chick. Everything else is good as is or as parts. Surprised that a variant of Cole isnt included though.

57 minutes ago, skywaiter said:

6 minifigures are repeat of regular sets, way too much for me. 

That makes me think. Did they really need 20 minifigures on this series?

Sadly, it seems now LEGO thinks an exclusive face print is worth a spot in the CMF line, like Sensei Wu and Ninja Lloyd

I would have liked to see more unique minifigures in the series

Also, it seems the Hot Dog suit mold is returning once again in the Shark Mech set. Did the braces girl appear in the trailer?

It's interesting to see they weren't given proper names like The LEGO Movie (like Cardio Carrie and such)

The Spinjitzu training set is apparently $10, and the Water Strider is $30 according to the article where the other Garmadon set was found. I thought it would be $40, but $30 is a steal.

I think Garmadon's unarmoured upper torso piece might be this piece backwards, with the arms facing the other way. You can see the ridges on the back, especially on Volcano Garmadon.

4650750.jpg