Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

28 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Wait, so this Ninjago Movie set is legit? It looks too big to be a set! (Well I thought that when the Ghostbusters Firehouse came out too) The minifig count though! That is a lot of minifigs! 

It's the 3rd biggest set ever produced :wink:

Here's an analysis:

Extreme island stunts reference

Chima reference

Galidor reference

Mother Doomsday has a shop and figure

Rocket Racer reference

Probably more i haven't caught

Edited by Cyclone_37
rocket racer

20 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

It's the 3rd biggest set ever produced :wink:

WOW really? Oh wow, didn't realize that!

1. Taj Mahal
2. UCS Millennium Falcon
3. NINJAGO City
4. Ghostbusters Firehouse
5. Tower Bridge

Edited by VaderFan2187

35059759790_fff81f4816_b.jpg

Thanks @makoy for pointing out these two mannequins at display behind the Windows of the light blue helmet shop, left and right. 18 mini figures! Any set with more? And I wonder what does the four smart phones doing there?

I feel like this is the best Lego set ever, and I couldn't care less about Ninjago right now. No matter where you look in this chaotic build, you'll find something impressive. It has tons of unique building techniques like we've never seen before, it looks great, it has 18 minifigures, it's massive, it's modular, it has a large selection of both good parts and new parts, it combines elements of City, Ninjago, Arhitecture, Creator, and every big action theme, + it has tons of amazing references to forgotten themes in Lego's history. The ultimate lego set.

Anyone notice the mini-NEXO-Shield looking things on the front guardrail on the second story?

I'm also quite curious if this set's launch would effect the chances of getting a modular in January? I mean sure, they're different themes, and Market Street shared a year with Cafe Corner so...

6 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Here is the "Script" used partially decided. In case anyone was curious.

-snip-

You're also decoding it. I have one more letter decoded - letter K. Look up the script for the bank.

Opened up The Brick Fan when I got home, saw this, and I was like....

th?id=OIP.EPl0HarjX5_cB6EWRu-74wEsC6&pid=15.1

Seriously, that guy in the Galidor shirt...:iamded_lol:

1 hour ago, kaelthas said:

Thanks @makoy for pointing out these two mannequins at display behind the Windows of the light blue helmet shop, left and right. 18 mini figures! Any set with more? And I wonder what does the four smart phones doing there?

Both Death Stars have something like 25 minifigures each. 

I do not care for Ninjago whatsoever, but the designers did a good job of making this set appealing regardless. Day one buy, I'm looking forward to displaying this masterpiece

Wow!,  I went from thinking I'd skip this wave completely, saw the sailboat, and thought I'd have to pick it up, now I have to get this huge modular too.  LEGO is killing my wallet!

At the corner of the railing, in front of the crab restaurant, there are 2 of those new jetpacks from the Star Wars battle packs.  I was trying to figure out what they were for a while, but now I see it!

I love the use of fishing rods and the harpoon gun as antennas, and the rooftops made from anything from crowbars to car doors, and even those modified 2 x 2 plates with pin holes.  So many brilliant piece uses and new pieces.  I want some of those green lilypad pieces!

The more I look at this set, the more I want it.

Edited by x105Black

20 minutes ago, blksuperman2 said:

Wow!,  I went from thinking I'd skip this wave completely, saw the sailboat, and thought I'd have to pick it up, now I have to get this huge modular too.  LEGO is killing my wallet!

I was on the same boat as you, and now have to squeeze this set in my collection no matter what.

35447591515_93cd541f23.jpg

It looks like the Sand Green corners of the tower shown above include part no. 30987 (pictured below) in that color, along with its one brick high counterpart.

6190141.jpg

Also, the usage of the black crowbars in this picture is quite clever.

35281032992_c359e56cc5.jpg

2 hours ago, makoy said:

You're also decoding it. I have one more letter decoded - letter K. Look up the script for the bank.

Yeah, I couldn't get a good angle, but I'll add what I can. The script is in the other sets too, but there is a standard which is sharper and used for the streets signs in the fish and cherry shop set, and then a more handwritten looking style.

I'm in love with this set.

The details are simply amazing. What got me is that one need not be a Ninjago fan to enjoy this.

It's funny how LEGO on Facebook kept denying the set is modular, but right in the last picture, the one Digger of Bricks posted, it's crystal clear that it is.

This set is also a strong parts pack and a true symbol of this golden age we are now living in.

PS: Who remembers that futuristic city from Brickworld of years past? Instant reminder of it....

Edited by brickbuilder711

Are the lily pad pieces new or are they a recolor of the cmf painter?  This set is just amazing.  I think everything is fantastic.  I don't know if it is in my budget.  There are so many sets I need to get this year. 

15 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

Thanks to Digger Of Bricks I know see the modular pin points!

Has anyone else noticed the train part in dark brown? :)

What train part?! :oh3:

17 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

Thanks to Digger Of Bricks I know see the modular pin points!

Has anyone else noticed the train part in dark brown? :)

That piece was used in Cole's Rock Roader from last year, another Ninjago set, as well

Edited by Boogly22238

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

What train part?! :oh3:

Motor side trim. It's funny how new elementary pinpointed the element now showing on the database at the beginning of the year, go figure it would be on this set.

Just now, Boogly22238 said:

That piece was used in Cole's Rock Roader from last year, another Ninjago set, as well

OK, now I see it above the one doorway on the bottom level. Too bad it wasn't train wheels in Dark Brown to complement the motor side trim made before. :sad:

1 hour ago, zoth33 said:

Are the lily pad pieces new or are they a recolor of the cmf painter? 

Recolor.  Excellent part usage.