Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Just now, J4ck said:

Y'all got it wrong, 18 minifigures and a robot droid (2 mannequins (yes they count))

.. ah nope ---

27 minutes ago, makoy said:

They are not counting the 2 mannequins at the 3rd floor. So technically, 18 + 1 droid.

I'm extremly envious of the quality of sets Ninjago keeps scoring. 

Good for you guys! :classic:

I'll return to mumbling in my corner because Bespin aint ever happenning. 

16 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I hope someone creates some asian style town part with this, temple of Airjitzu, and other fitting sets :wub:
Just awesome to get a more exotic modular build!

This will be happening in my LEGO city!!! :)

Just now, J4ck said:

Y'all got it wrong, 18 minifigures and a robot droid (2 mannequins (yes they count))

Someone already pointed that out. 

Someone mentioned that this is a September 1st release, which is disappointing since I thought it would release in August with the rest of the sets. 

5 minutes ago, makoy said:

.. ah nope ---

Lego doesn't count them this time, but by definition they are minifigures which what I meant

Just now, J4ck said:

Lego doesn't count them this time, but by definition they are minifigures which what I meant

I know. I am replying directly to you because you said we're all wrong. I already pointed that out. Cheers!

Wow this is something else! Incredible set awesome minifigures and a great price/part ratio! That's a must buy set even if I have to spend all my money on it!

This was unexpected. Definitely a fantastic surprise. The detail and scale of this thing is superb. Definitely one of the best LEGO sets produced, easily the best of the Ninjago Movie wave.

What a cool set. It's so complete, with all the details and stuff. Absolutely loving it. I don't know if you can mix it with city since it has a sci-fi vibe to it as well, but look at all these cool builds and techniques and parts and drool drool. It should be a cool challenge to expand this city set. 

The somewhat boring fishvillains seem also better in place when you see this set. 

The sushi bar with moving sushi on it is so supergreat. I'm curious what comics will be sold overthere. 

Shared my thoughts and made an analysis on this video!

Edited by C0zmic

Man. Man, oh man, oh man oh man oh man.

Want. And I don't normally get direct-to-consumer sets either. However, with so many other sets to get, I'll have to pass on this. Simply too expensive (though great value). Sad!

Still - WANT.

Wow! That's a beauty :wub: I made some observations.

• Sabine's hair in green is used for a plant, brilliant!
  • 3 blue boomerangs are used in a build for a target.
  • There's a beige crab in this set!
  • Orange straw hat and orange scarf
  • That crowbar black roof is amazing
  • Galidor shirt :tongue: That's also Mother Doomsday!
  • Kai in civilian clothes, still hope this will show up in the CMF line
  • Misako is younger?
  • That pink torso is amazing in every way
  • Rocket racer, and Island extreme references are a huge plus

1 hour ago, makoy said:

FSj3XzB.png

Ayy, there we go. Also looking at it, it does say Borg Industries. Just not in English.

also, just a thought, but looking at the concept art, it appears that maybe Lloyd's house is the one with the tree coming out of it. Would explain Misako's (goes by Koko for short?) presents in the set and mixes in living quarters with restaurants and entertainment areas showing the hussle and bustle of everyday life in Ninjago City...

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago
Added

18 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

also, just a thought, but looking at the concept art, it appears that maybe Lloyd's house is the one with the tree coming out of it. Would explain Misako's (goes by Koko for short?) presents in the set and mixes in living quarters with restaurants and entertainment areas showing the hussle and bustle of everyday life in Ninjago City...

It could also be Jay's house, since his sister is apparently being served tea in there, plus he is the one on the rooftop in the concept art.

Also, nice to see them using Misako as the official name rather than Koko. I get it's a nickname, but it just didn't sit good with me.
There are a lot more references to the regular Ninjago than I expected, let's hope they're not just for the sets and are actually seen in the movie.

Also it just came to me, but Ninjago City in this movie is really expansive and has a unique look. If the game's exploration is done right, the open world will be amazing.

Edited by gamejutzu

5 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

It could also be Jay's house, since his sister is apparently being served tea in there, plus he is the one on the rooftop in the concept art.

Also, nice to see them using Misako as the official name rather than Koko. I get it's a nickname, but it just didn't sit good with me.
There are a lot more references to the regular Ninjago than I expected, let's hope they're not just for the sets and are actually seen in the movie.

Also it just came to me, but Ninjago City in this movie is really expansive and has a unique look. If the game's exploration is done right, the open world will be amazing.

It L-loyd in the concepts. Green head band. And Jay may live on the bottom Level. The Walker chick may be his sister, while the younger girl is her daughter?

Is the lady with the new orange hair mould Ivy Walker or is it the little girl? Personally, I could see it being the former. It'd be great if it were. 

nice Bionicle reference on the roof :D

I love this set so much, the hd picture on the brickset page is so massive so you can spot small details 
https://brickset.com/sets/70620-1?more-images
Looks like that Ronin poster is exchangeable, any idea on what the 'tired of walking/' one will look like?
I see new NPU every time I look at at this masterpiece like the jump packs and the train pART.

Also, I'm sure this is a lego logo in this image but I can't place it

tn_70620_alt7_jpg.jpg

Also, I'm pretty sure that the sushi conveyer goes round, by turning the orange light as a knob.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

On 6/19/2017 at 8:47 AM, pawcanada said:

I feel the same way. While I do like how the new suits look, I have to say I'm pretty meh on the wave in general so will focus more on the the cheapest sets to get me the six ninjas and/or buying them loose on eBay, and maybe get two of each so I can give them their old faces and hair. I have also been curious about the future of Ninjago after the movie; will it continue with the "old continuity" or continue to follow the movie one? Personally, I'm hoping for the former and treat the movie as it's own separate iteration.

Yes, there's a Season 8.