Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Such an amazing set!  So many great building techniques!  So many awesome recolors!  Those Uruk-hai swords in gold and those crowbars in black are going to be so useful for MOCs.

The top of the box shows that the girl with the brown braided hair (like Misako's in the show) is Ivy Walker and the girl with the orange hair is Misako. Although she looks a lot younger than her show counterpart.

The set looks AMAZING. So many creative details like the boomerangs for the sign and the crowbars for the roof. Can't wait to get this set when it comes out.

It's amazing. Yet, at a price of over 300€ (pretty sure), i'd rather get the other big sets. 300€ is like half my yearly LEGO budget.

A lot or references.... and really oriental looking building.

Is the woman serving tea Misako?

58 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Also Borg Industries makes in appearance in this set as a sticker confirming its presence in this Universe.

Where? I'm somehow not seeing it...

God, it's so beautiful. I don't own any Ninjago sets and have never had interest in collecting them, but this is an incredible set that would fit perfectly with City and Modular sets. :wub: I love it so much, what a unique flavour for a city-style build! I don't know if I'll have enough money for this, but I'm seriously considering saving up for this set. I think this is one of those sets people will massively regret not buying when the Ninjago Movie theme ends.

Hi folks, I'm very excited about this Ninjago City too! Lets go through the floors and have some preview of the set!

35280236782_22ccd3d61b_b.jpg

70620 with 4867 pieces and 16 minifigures!!! Plus one droid.. So many minifigures!!!

35059802760_f609708370_b.jpg

Three floored modular building. Japanese style I suppose.

35446813185_07e91be319_b.jpg

The bottom floor looks like its built on a river or some lake, there is a bridge for the fisherman's boat. Painter's color pallete as leaves, and a crab as a speaker? I like the watery feel..

35316963621_073103b858_b.jpg

Better than gollum's boat. Haha

35316979041_b7ef633497_b.jpg

Coming through. Look at those trans blue tiles! And crowbars as roof? Just brilliant!

35280270372_909a2f8f25_b.jpg

Elevator without safety?

35446868555_a4b894ebe8_b.jpg

The teapot is a new piece i think. But stickers? Hmm..

34605175324_200ba49acb_b.jpg

Janitor droid?

35059759790_fff81f4816_b.jpg

Second floor with so many partition! The building technique must be very nice. Pink leaves and bonsai looking plant looks nice.

35059759360_bb4f228b69_b.jpg

I think this is some kind of helmet or headpiece shop, striking colors but i think nothing special about this shop.

34637169823_651f745b27_b.jpg

Lots of signboard here and putting tiles inside the trans clear brick is definitely a new trick for MOCers.

35316975491_e5ee191bf9_b.jpg

ATM machine. Spitting money? 

35446870495_4c4f27335f_b.jpg

Crab restaurant? Quite standard. Maybe some play feature at the cooking area.

35059766270_9a118dc2f5_b.jpg

My favorite part! Multicolored nanofigs!!!

34637169503_3a83da2e96_b.jpg

The roof. Uruk Hai's sword as deco, blue squid build is nice. And the futuristic looking sand green stand, not sure whats that about but its quite good looking so i give it a pass.

35059770760_f82ee19964_b.jpg

A sushi bar! I wonder the belt can move.

35059814790_bdb2b6821f_b.jpg

Actually I've never been to a rooftop open air sushi restaurant before but this is definitely a very nice experience! 

This sums up the set and I'm not a ninjago fan myself. But with so many details and minifigures and nanofigures, I might be dragged into ninjago realm, how about you?

This is insane! 

I love the little robot dude.

All the details are astonishing! Is that the painters pallette thing for lily pads? Genius! And I love the Galidor reference, that's a good inside joke right there. This is super duper cool.

Does anyone know if this counts as the modular for 2018 or what's up with that? This being the first extracurricular modular, it could go either way.

1 hour ago, gotoAndLego said:

What's interesting is that Nijago City is designed to connect to the modular buildings.

I've seen references on several forums to connecting to the modular buildings but I don't see any proof in the pictures!

Just now, Boettner Builds said:

I've seen references on several forums to connecting to the modular buildings but I don't see any proof in the pictures!

If you look closely at the bottom floor, there are holes in the bricks at the bottom for you to connect up with the sides of the Creator Modulars. :classic:

4 minutes ago, kaelthas said:

70620 with 4867 pieces and 16 minifigures!!! Plus one droid.. So many minifigures!!!

They are not counting the 2 mannequins at the 3rd floor. So technically, 18 + 1 droid.

17 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

Second Level...first sign on the right of the middle thing with a he golden rice hat. It's just Borg Industry's logo and a "script"

It looks to me like the technic bricks are places one stud too high to connect with the other Modulars. Is that just me being silly?

26 minutes ago, bricksnator said:

3 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Second Level...first sign on the right of the middle thing with a he golden rice hat. It's just Borg Industry's logo and a "script"

FSj3XzB.png

- running sushi (which works!)
- so many recolored (rare) pieces!
- a SCARF PIECE!!!!

I hope someone creates some asian style town part with this, temple of Airjitzu, and other fitting sets :wub:
Just awesome to get a more exotic modular build!

Just now, Robert8 said:

Where is the new scarf piece?

I can't find it

It's on one of the mannequins on the second floor. It's orange.

Ninja'd by @Actor Builder. :tongue:

Edited by GentlemanJoker

Wow...

I am impressed. This set is phenomenal! I love all the references and little details in this set! Unfortunately it's too expensive for me but if I have the possibility of getting the set, I won't hesitate!

2 minutes ago, Actor Builder said:

It's hidden in the Hattery. It's orange.

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Where is the new scarf piece?

I can't find it

2 minutes ago, GentlemanJoker said:

It's on one of the mannequins on the second floor. It's orange.

Ninja'd by @Actor Builder. :tongue:

For those who still can't find... Here you go...

7sVElv3.png

Sm3BHbb.png