Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

On a side note Nya has her hair piece and the half ninja mask mold which they use in the current sets. Haven't seen that in movie yet.

Pretty cool if you ask me, makes you use the hair and mask piece together. 

I will probably get the big sets and the dragon so that I can MOC a Jungle area for display. I didn't want to at first, but I'll probably regret not buying these sets when they're retired. 

I think that is why they split the masks into 2- So that you can either display the ninja with their hair and bottom half of their mask or the whole hood.

1 hour ago, LegoShroom said:

I think that is why they split the masks into 2- So that you can either display the ninja with their hair and bottom half of their mask or the whole hood.

Pretty sure it is so you can let them wear beards, though. Hipster ninjas. :grin:

Btw, is Zane drawing his bow with this feet?? *huh* 

Hey,that Poster looks indeed great.Looks like Kai is too cool to watch at the People looking at the Poster :D

And yes,Zane seems to draw his Bow with his Feet...why not.

I`m very exited for the Ninjago Movie and the Sets.Recently bought the Tiger Widow Island used for a few Euros.Of course with no Minifigures but got two of them already.I also modified this Set a bit (added another Level and some sort of Belltower) and will try to find some Rock Pieces to extend the Cave a bit.

18 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Btw, is Zane drawing his bow with this feet?? *huh* 

It looks like Zane is pulling on the bowstring with one foot and is holding the handle with the other XD

This poster is AMAZING. Because it not only looks cool and good, bla blah... But it captures the ninja's personalities perfectly.

Zane is balanced, Kai is heroic, Cole is laid back, and Jay is freaking out :snicker: I don't really know about Lloyd and Nya though...

26 minutes ago, J4ck said:

People are speculating that there might be a trailer tomorrow

I'm sure it will because why would you show a second movie poster without a new trailer, and the Rebrick contest results will release and it would be a great way to see the results and then what better way to celebrate than with a new trailer 

Edited by Sr1847

Jay's bamboo shoot is breaking.

It's really weird to me that his agreement line from the trailer and overall worried design make him basically Lofty from Bob the Builder.

6 hours ago, J4ck said:

People are speculating that there might be a trailer tomorrow

It's probably attached to Transformers: The Last Knight in cinemas this Wednesday.

BCj8PO2.jpg
Okay,,, let's see...

• Aeroblade (Possession)
  • Anacondrai Helmet (Tournament of Elements)
  • Garmadon Helmet (Skulkin)
  • Orange Fish (Sky Pirates??)

rH0dGpe.jpg

• Vermillion Statue (Hands of Time)

ygktf50-e1497656653545.jpg

• Helmet of Darkness (The Final Battle)

Anything else? :look:

Edited by VaderFan2187

52 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

*Snipped Daddy Ninjago set*

Okay,,, let's see...

• Aeroblade (Possession)
  • Anacondrai Helmet (Tournament of Elements)
  • Garmadon Helmet (Skulkin)
  • Orange Fish (Sky Pirates??)

*Snipped Mommy Ninjago set*

• Vermillion Statue (Hands of Time)

*Snipped Baby Ninjago set*

• Helmet of Darkness (The Final Battle)

Anything else? :look:

The Black Scimitar could be considered a Stone Warrior Sword, and, seeing as you would consider the orange fish to be from Skybound, the silver katanas could be considered Cryptor's (or any other Nindroid's for that matter). You could even say that the shuriken are the Shuriken of Ice from (primarily) Master's of Spinjitzu, and that Garmadon's helmet (seeing as it is the 2012 version) could be considered from Rise of the Snakes.

Also that's Nadakahn's Djinn blade (without the ax heads) to the left of the sextant, and Vermillion Armor next to the small training dummy thing.

All that's missing is something from Day of the Departed.

Edited by Penkid11

Apologies if this has been discussed already or is widely known (except by me!) but do we have a European release date for the movie sets? I understand the movie itself is scheduled for late September, so I assume the sets will be out in the run-up to the film hitting theatre screens, but by how long?

40 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already or is widely known (except by me!) but do we have a European release date for the movie sets? I understand the movie itself is scheduled for late September, so I assume the sets will be out in the run-up to the film hitting theatre screens, but by how long?

August.

1 hour ago, AmperZand said:

1st August

Same for the CMF release apparently, 1st Agust for all of it apart from the polybags of course!

Edited by J4ck

7 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Well the dutch Lego webshop says they will be avilable from July 29th. While the japanese says they will be out on August 4th. Guess the first is the european release date and the second is the US. 

On 6/19/2017 at 3:18 PM, gamejutzu said:

It looks like Zane is pulling on the bowstring with one foot and is holding the handle with the other XD

This poster is AMAZING. Because it not only looks cool and good, bla blah... But it captures the ninja's personalities perfectly.

Zane is balanced, Kai is heroic, Cole is laid back, and Jay is freaking out :snicker: I don't really know about Lloyd and Nya though...

Lloyd doesn't need to have a personality, as he's the main character. And as long as they are a ninja, people don't care.

17 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Cool! There's a LEGO store promo that I'm after starting in August, so the timing is perfect.

Thank you to @dimaks13 and @J4ck for your replies. :thumbup:  

You're most certainly welcome, happy to help :)