Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, Clx_45 said:

They just keep coming 

Can't you just post static images? 

On 6/15/2017 at 4:26 PM, LegoShroom said:

Those pictures were taken from this thread. There was no need to post this. 

I'm glad to not have to search through pages of the thread to see them, it's good having them repeated on this page

1 hour ago, Killian said:

I'm glad to not have to search through pages of the thread to see them, it's good having them repeated on this page

The pictures were on the same page as the video. :look:

Edited by LegoShroom

14 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

The pictures were on the same page as the video. :look:

Not to mention that a video is the worst format to view hi-res static images. 

I like the nice references to the show throughout the sets! The temple has some vermillion armor and the red snakes, the statue has sensei yang's students head. The destinys bounty has an anacondrai cultist headgear and garmadons helmet from the first two seasons. The smallest set also has the helmet of shadows!

Felt like these are totally worth explicitly posting here in the thread instead of merely linking to them:

5hhL1Db.png

(Coolest Ultra Agents set ever) :tongue:

fRSxzNG.png

FKwWbb4.png

rH0dGpe.jpg

BCj8PO2.jpg

mDCme9V.jpg

C8tzMHl.jpg

See CM4Sci's album: http://imgur.com/a/jnzIt

Do I even need to say how awesome these are? :grin:

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

That dragon and those Fu Dogs are everything!   I'm going to buy so much Ninjago Movie stuff!

Edited by Peppermint_M
No need to quote images on the same page.

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Am I the only one who is confused what the actual ultimate ultimate weapon is in the temple set?

I think it's Lloyd's sword, because you can see him taking it out of a box in the center of the back.

Oh my lord, that Destiny's Bounty is glorious. Definite buy. 

The other sets looks fantastic as well. The Green Dragon, Water Strider, and the Lightning Jet particularly have my interest.

I wish I was more interested in the Temple... Right now the only thing I care about in that set are the Lions. Maybe I'll Bricklink them...

But still, nothing beats the Bounty. My god.

Edited by Kalhiki

I LOVE Destiny's Bounty.

I just can't say enough about it. It's just so, so beautiful.

It also includes a reference to almost every wave of the series thus far, Shuriken of Ice, Lord Garmadon's original helmet, Stone Army Scimitar, (Rebooted seems skipped, correct me if I'm wrong), Anacondrai Cultist Helmet, Golden Aeroblade, Djinn Blade, (not sure about DotD either), and a Vermillion chest plate.

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

That mech dragon... is... amazing! Holy cow, Garmadon wasn't wielding a missile launcher... it's a laser pointer! I believe this confirms the return of "relics" from the LEGO Movie. It's a very nice little build that's instantly recognizable. As far as functions go, it appears the dragon has a tail-whipping function in addition to some stud shooters on the front legs. I love the use of the newer book cover piece as a control panel and I think the head is my favorite part. It's a great blend of built up and specialized pieces. Overall, an impressive looking model.

Edited by Peppermint_M
No need to quote images on the same page.

Extremely impressed by these images, they look so much nicer now that they're cleaned up.

Just wondering, for anyone who knows, are those actual Japanese characters used (such as on the Destiny's Bounty), and do they mean anything?

Some things I noticed looking at the newest pictures:

• The puffer fish helmet has a visor. 
  • Lloyd's sword is actually quite different from the usual Ninjago swords. The hilt looks bent?
  • Kai has a bandage on his head.
  • Manta Ray Bomber reminds me of the snowspeeder with its back-to-back pilot and gunner. 
  • Asian Bad Cop.
  • The civilian in the City Chase is permanently frightened.
  • Kai's mech has a huge gap behind the cockpit.
  • Vermillion Warrior in the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon set. 
  • Laser Pointer is either gonna be a big plot point or a red herring. 
  • Really like Nya's jacket. Great for a casually-dressed LEGO female. 
  • Lloyd and Nya's alternate faces in 70607 look good.
  • I'm glad 70607 is only $20 USD. I feared it would be $30 (like the Riddler Riddle Racer from TLBM)
  • How is the civilian in 70609 gonna carry his two buckets with handle the classic way (over the shoulder)?? Minifig limitations don't allow that. 
  • Manta Bomber drops little bombs and shoots missiles but can't drop those big bomb pods on the bottom?!
  • Destiny's Bounty seems more for display, Ultimate Ultimate Weapon seems more for play.
  • I want them all except for Spinjitzu Training!
  • Not a huge fan of Jay's Lightning Jet though. Looks smaller than the cheaper Lloyd Dragon and all those antennae are messy. A shame as Jay is my favorite ninja but they didn't do his ride well!
Edited by VaderFan2187
More Info

Those new Sets are amazing.I will definetely end up with many of them.Due to limited Room and Money i have to stick too the Ninjago City Chase (i just love three wheeled Vehicles and already have a Mod in planning),the Master Falls Set (that Bridge with Gate just looks gorgeous...),the Mech Dragon (i mean,it`s a Mech AND a Dragon,how cool is that,and in sand green...),the flying Jellyfish Thingy because it looks really cute and the Garmadon Mech.

I`m not completely sold on the Water Strider,the Lightning Jet or that trapezoid shaped Ice Tank.

@VaderFan2187 i had the same Thoughts about that Cop,he really looks like a Ninjago Version of Bad Cop :D

But what on Earth is a Laser Pointer doing there?Did Garmadon managed to grab something from the outer World?

6 minutes ago, badchriss said:

But what on Earth is a Laser Pointer doing there?Did Garmadon managed to grab something from the outer World?

He probably stole it from Lord Business. He has real life stuff in a room with the Kragle.

4638d2385aa6a35dec94a5a5b3fd881a.jpg

Edited by VaderFan2187

14 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

Do we know the US prices of the sets yet?

Ultimate Ultimate Weapon is $100 USD, the smaller sets should be around their Euro prices I believe.