Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

If the prices are true, Ninjago would even become a better deal.. Within the SW line the Bounty would probably cost between 250-300 bucks..
However I'd consider that many Ninjago sets are cheaper in Germany (as opposed to most other themes)

Temple becomes a must buy for me - 1/3 extra parts - for just 100 Euro in Germany!

7 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Garmadon’s Shark Mech (70613) – 747 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Lightning Jet (70614) – 877 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Fire Mech (70615) – 942 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Temple of the Ultimate (70617) – 1.404 pieces

– LEGO Ninjago Movie Destiny’s Bounty (70618) – 2.295 pieces

Considering the price points, the parts count seems to be on the high side indeed (Fire mech in particular), which is a good thing! :classic: Then again, the German prices are from 5, up to 20 euros cheaper, compared to the Dutch ones, usually... 

From the outside, the Temple of the Ultimate seems to be made of many larger pieces, but seeing the parts count, I'm wondering if it has an interior as well. Interesting! 

On 6/9/2017 at 6:44 PM, Sr1847 said:

And if I came off angry or something I'm sorry I just don't like  Ninjago is always given the short end of the stick and I do get that Lego is trying to take their time and stuff but come on it's June, the sets r out in August, and the movie is out in September so yeah and sorry one more time if I sound angry or if sound as if though as I am ranting because the movie does look good and so do the set 

I'd hardly say that getting a feature film is tantamount to being "given the short end of the stick". Its not uncommon or unheard of for sets based off of IPs (here, I consider the Ninjago movie its own IP, with its own marketing push being equally spearheaded by Warner Brothers and Lego) to be released closer to the release of whatever film they are representing. At the end of the day, I would say try not to lose sight of what Lego is, and that a later release is hardly the end of the world.

3 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I still await for the CMF pictures...

You'd think we would have seen some leaks by now. Are there any figures we've seen that aren't accounted for in set photos?

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

You'd think we would have seen some leaks by now. Are there any figures we've seen that aren't accounted for in set photos?

There's a female civilian that's unaccounted for:

mqdefault.jpg

Edited by LegoShroom

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Same :( I hope to see some right corkers! Casual wear Kai will be interesting, can't forget a couple of baddies as well!

1 hour ago, LegoShroom said:

mqdefault.jpg

We haven't seen all of the exclusives have we? We haven't then there's a chance the civilian will be one of the unseen exclusives.

5 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Same :( I hope to see some right corkers! Casual wear Kai will be interesting, can't forget a couple of baddies as well!

We haven't seen all of the exclusives have we? We haven't then there's a chance the civilian will be one of the unseen exclusives.

Also ths angler fish villain is yet to appear in a set too.  The only sets remaining for Wave 1 are the Ice tank and Ninjago city sets.

Edited by LegoShroom

2 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

-snip-

It looks like she's in the Garmadon's robo-shark mech, only with the hair switched out for a rice hat.

15 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Also ths angler fish villain is yet to appear in a set too.  The only sets remaining for Wave 1 are the Ice tank and Ninjago city sets.

It is included in Jay's jet set, according to the prelim catalogue, but in the minifig bar of that set on the same page, he is substituted by the crab head villain, who in turn doesn't appear in the product image of any set.

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Not physical ones, but there is the "deep sea chick" and the octopus head villain, appearing on the DK books: http://bricksfans.com/first-look-at-the-lego-ninjago-movie-books/.

Those price per part ratios are amazing for those bigger sets. Spinjitzu Training is the only bad one. $14.99 for 109 pieces. (Brickset) Not too bad but feels like they're taking advantage of the demand for figures. 

I reckon the gal will be in the CMF line either that or she has her own vehicle we haven't seen yet in the trailers and gets her own vehicle set and comes out January?

9 hours ago, Exetrius said:

It is included in Jay's jet set, according to the prelim catalogue

And according to the final catalogue, it is not included there.

Edited by dimaks13

9 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Gotcha, thanks!

Just now, dimaks13 said:

And according to the final catalog, it is not included there.

Here's to hoping it'll be in the CMF line!

17 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Kudos to those who guard this secret... I'm impressed we haven't even seen a blurry picture of any of them.

I really hope there are civilians are in the series 

19 minutes ago, makoy said:

Kudos to those who guard this secret... I'm impressed we haven't even seen a blurry picture of any of them.

I really hope there are civilians are in the series 

With so many civilians in the sets, i would expect civvies in the cmf as well. At least a few, right?

3 hours ago, Borex said:

With so many civilians in the sets, i would expect civvies in the cmf as well. At least a few, right?

I would have thought so, exclusive civilians one would hope. This is the second series I'll probably buy all of the minifigures.

I don't really know what to expect for the CMF line

The LEGO Movie included some "normal" CMFs like the Barista, the Panda Guy, the Crazy Cat Lady..... 

I bet there will be one of those animal masked villains, to appeal the fans of costumed characters, like they did with Panda Guy and Orca (in the Batman Movie line)

Following the trend of the LEGO Movie and Batman Movie, all the main characters and the main villain will be there in some way.

Edited by Robert8

5 hours ago, Borex said:

I really hope so!! The civilians and traditionally dressed Minifigs are the only ones I like from Ninjago...

1 hour ago, Clx_45 said:

Probably pajama Lloyd and/or pajama Garmadon will be there

No doubt they'll squeeze them in *sighs*

25 minutes ago, J4ck said:

No doubt they'll squeeze them in *sighs*

At least it'll be a cheap way to get Lloyd's hair piece :wink:

3 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

At least it'll be a cheap way to get Lloyd's hair piece :wink:

Meh, it's Jay's hair I'm after, well most of them tbh as a variety for my custom minifigures

I must say Destiny bounty is great looking ship and price is good.Much better price/piece ratio than Temple of Airjitzu.

I can definitely see the female fish villain being in the CMF line, why will she be in the ice tank t me that seems a lil random. Although she could be in the D2C set, I hope not! Does she have any significance in the movie? Or is she a henchwoman?

Zane's tank was up on toysrus.no with box image and set overview picture last night, but they removed it this morning. 

SO I only have a small box image. The laser is a trans blue six stud shooter. The canopy is like on Benny's or similar. Treads from USR.

Set name listed was: Ninjago 70616 Ice Tank

With this link you can still see the search entry: https://www.toysrus.no/search/?text=70616

34933119680_ae6e2e688e_o_d.png

Edited by Steinar
found original png file